Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Chester Taylor Mystery.....

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Maybe Chester just didn't want to come to vol workouts?
    I say trade him for Micheal Bush and Micheal Huff.

I'm drooling over M. Bush. He is Jamal Lewis in his prime but faster!
    NOT gonna happen...the Raiders are more than set already at RB with DMC and Little Huggy Bear...but trading him for Jason Taylor might be feasible.
    Imagine THAT!
    Huggie bear will be a 3rd stringer by week 4. Read my lips. Bush is better than Run DMC.
    gol 'darnit that leg injury.
    yes but they have way to much cash invested in DMC and Fargas, and dont down Fargas, he is a very underated RB, i kinda put him in the same book with CT
    And it's not like the Raiders have all that much cash flexibility...witness their release of Dominick Rhodes.
    There are plenty of other teams with bigger needs at RB...besides, if Bush is so good, then why would the Raiders let him go.
    It just doesn't make any sense for them to.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"KevinK" wrote:

As I think of the possible drama the Vikings face this season, it worries me most that Chester wants out of the purple uniform.
    I know that mostly every team in the league has veteran holdouts but AD and the other teamates probably question his motives.
    I believe that Chester is a huge insurance policy for AD but I also think we need him for that third down back. So I bring the question to you PPO'ers..... Do you think in your gut feeling that Chester will concede and except his role as a non-starter and hope he just wants the Superbowl ring? Or does he feel like he wants the starting job someplace else and feels no loyalty to the team who sat him? I mean if you signed that deal, would you hold out if you were him?

I would also ask what you feel is a bigger "POTENTIAL" problem for the Vikings:

1. Chester Taylor's hold out?

2. Matt Birk's holdout?

3. BMac's trial in Florida, possible season suspension?

4. Brad Childress just not being a good coach?

5. Jarred Allen's potential alcohol mishaps? (I hope he hires a driver!)

PS..... Im not including the TJACK's performance as an option for biggest problem. We all know that his role counts most but Im not counting that as a problem right now
    Is it me or are we creating problem where there isn't one, I don't think there is any doubt that Chester wants carries, everybody backup or starter wants to play. Chester has a good shot at seeing playing time because Adrian Peterson runs with a reckless abandon and his season could be over at anytime, god forbid. Hopefully Chester is smart enough to know that its unlikely he will carry the load for any team. Chester could be gone when his contract is up but I don't even worry, replacing RB's is an easy job unless your replacing AP, even then Chester came in and tore it up.

1) Chester Taylor is not holding out he missed OTA's due to a family emergency.
    2) Birk is upset about his contract and skipped OTA's he will be here when it counts.
    3) This is probably my biggest worry because Artis Hicks took his snaps when he was out and we face very good DE's early on. Not that McKinnie does well with speed rushers but has had solid games against elite guys. He needs to keep his poise and focus on and off the field.
    4) Childress is a great coach, what he and ziggy have done is awesome, sometimes it seems overwelming as we have gotten rid of players I disliked and we continue to pick up and trade for great football players using creative tactics. If there is anything that Childress does its teach, he's a great teacher and knows exactly what it takes to win and succeed. Basically he knows how to build a Champion and I believe we will witness it. He's also a man of the smallest details, very very orginized and focused, love it.
    5) Hopefully Jared Allen doesn't have to hire a driver because he quit drinking, he can do the driving. Again not worried whatsoever about Allen's past issues with Alchohal.

My biggest concerns starts with McKinnies situation then leads to the WR's, especailly Rice, so far he hasn't show he can stay healthy, he's thin and lanky but will get bigger. He's huge to the teams success. Matt Birk is another guy, I didn't always like what I saw from him last year, he needs to be solid in order to protect that pocket wether we are running or passing. As a whole the offensive line really needs to play well to give our young guys a chance. Brad Childress's playcalling needs to improve from last year, mostly the predictabilty I think this will be corrected with more QB experience and better options at wideout. On the defensive side of ball I question K Williams pass rushing, hopefully with Allen and Edwards he can become the best DT in the game again. 10 sacks out of Kevin Williams and more pocket pressure on passing situations would help our defense imensly, he is huge factor that hasn't been consistent.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Maybe Chester just didn't want to come to vol workouts?
    I say trade him for Micheal Bush and Micheal Huff.

I'm drooling over M. Bush. He is Jamal Lewis in his prime but faster!
    NOT gonna happen...the Raiders are more than set already at RB with DMC and Little Huggy Bear...but trading him for Jason Taylor might be feasible.
    Imagine THAT!
    Huggie bear will be a 3rd stringer by week 4. Read my lips. Bush is better than Run DMC.
    gol 'darnit that leg injury.
    yes but they have way to much cash invested in DMC and Fargas, and dont down Fargas, he is a very underated RB, i kinda put him in the same book with CT
    And it's not like the Raiders have all that much cash flexibility...witness their release of Dominick Rhodes.
    There are plenty of other teams with bigger needs at RB...besides, if Bush is so good, then why would the Raiders let him go.
    It just doesn't make any sense for them to.
    Raiders gave a DE moving to DT 50millions this offseason. Not alot they have done makes alot of sense. The passed on A run Dominant DT to draft a running back when they had 4 on the roster already. It's the raiders!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Theres no mystery behind Chester Taylor.

If people are worried about the fact he's not at OTA's, they said thats not an abnormal thing, he regularly works out on his own during the offseason.

If people are worried about him not liking his role, honestly thats just stupid
    He's not going to get a better situation than where he's at.
    Being traded to a team that needs a RB it probably would be a much worse team.
    He's being paid starter-ish money anyways

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"KevinK" wrote:
    Do you think in your gut feeling that Chester will concede and except his role as a non-starter
    ??? Um, he already has. He accepted it last year.

How does your concern, that doesn't seem to bother Taylor one iota, all of a sudden become a mystery? If he had complaints last year or this offseason & voiced them, then maybe we would have something to talk about. As it stands, there has been no indication that he is unhappy. Therefore IMO, it is a non-issue.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

KevinK is offline Starter

If people are worried about him not liking his role, honestly thats just stupid. by Vikes King

What a rotten thing to say. I just think that Chester may be not liking the way he lost his starting job.
    I also think its important to know where he stands on his role.....

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "KevinK" wrote:
    Do you think in your gut feeling that Chester will concede and except his role as a non-starter
    ??? Um, he already has. He accepted it last year.

How does your concern, that doesn't seem to bother Taylor one iota, all of a sudden become a mystery? If he had complaints last year or this offseason & voiced them, then maybe we would have something to talk about. As it stands, there has been no indication that he is unhappy. Therefore IMO, it is a non-issue.
    I feel the same, and I also believe that AP and CT both realize they are an elite RB Tandam in this league.
    Very possible they will prove to be the BEST Tandem RB"s in the league.

Another thing that never gets mentioned much but is a major factor I believe in is, the fact that these RB's and all players in the NFL want to play for a contender and what that shot at a Super Bowl appearence.
    As it stands now, Chester himself is probably happy and smart enough to realize that, that type of dream is really a close reality with the Vikings Organization at this time.
    I think he's very happy with his role and who he suits up for on game days......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Wait till training camp injuries hit and see what other teams will offer.

But the reality is that you need two good backs this day in age.
    The wear and tear is just too much.

Remember early in Robert Smith's career when he got hurt (not once but twice) and our best alternative was to sign Scottie Graham from CVS?
    Denny made sure we had an able Terry Allen as a backup in subsequent years.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

I havn't heard anything bout CT being displeased..
    so catch me up if you can.

as i see it. CT has a great position.. he is part of a dynamic duo that WILL be splitting time.

ok you can say that AD is the #1.. but you can also say that they share the RB slot in MN. we all know he's got the talent, the drive, and the running vision to pull off great things. and i can bet that if you look at the end of the year when those 2 have smashed rushing records.. he'll be MORE then happy to say.

"Yeah.. that was me and AD, we led a TEAM that faught together and won together"

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Both saw plenty of carries........

ATT

YPC

AD

C-Tay

MeMo

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast