Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Chester Taylor to hit 1,000 yards rushing Sunday

"singersp" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Is anybody concerned about his fumbles? I know a couple of them he couldn't help because he was being hit during the exchange with BJ, but the other ones are somewhat perplexing! Not to speak too soon, but congrats on your first 1,000 yard rushing season CT.
    One of the fumbles the ball was actually ripped out of his hands & the one last Sunday I still don't believe was a fumble. He was down.

I watched the game that I had taped of the Cardinals game & what was quite odd was they didn't show the reply from the endzone looking directly at his head. They showed that replay more than once at the dome, but never on TV.

Why???

That is why you heard the big boo from the crowd when they didn't reverse the call. It was clear to me & 63,000 other fans that he was down.

I totally agree on that fumble on the goal line. I was at the game and that ball did not come out of his hands until after his head and elbow hit the ground! It should've been 6 for us and sealed the d@mn game! I was absolutely shocked with some of the calls by the officials that day!

I'm not really worried about his ball handling, because with the number of touches he has had this year he has done a pretty good job of covering the ball up.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Is anybody concerned about his fumbles? I know a couple of them he couldn't help because he was being hit during the exchange with BJ, but the other ones are somewhat perplexing! Not to speak too soon, but congrats on your first 1,000 yard rushing season CT.
    One of the fumbles the ball was actually ripped out of his hands & the one last Sunday I still don't believe was a fumble. He was down.

I watched the game that I had taped of the Cardinals game & what was quite odd was they didn't show the reply from the endzone looking directly at his head. They showed that replay more than once at the dome, but never on TV.

Why???

That is why you heard the big boo from the crowd when they didn't reverse the call. It was clear to me & 63,000 other fans that he was down.

I totally agree on that fumble on the goal line. I was at the game and that ball did not come out of his hands until after his head and elbow hit the ground! It should've been 6 for us and sealed the d@mn game! I was absolutely shocked with some of the calls by the officials that day!

I'm not really worried about his ball handling, because with the number of touches he has had this year he has done a pretty good job of covering the ball up.
    Then you should recall the replay I was refering to. His elbow was on the ground & after that it showed the ball squirt out between his elbow & waist. His knees were already down also & at the very least it should have been ruled that the ground cannot cause a fumble.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Good post there singer!! lol You didn't type anything.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Good post there singer!! lol You didn't type anything.
    Yes I did, I just typed it in the wrong spot. I corrected it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Yep, I remember exactly! We were really hurt in this game by fox not having as many cameras as they would in a big game. There were no shots right down the goal line which probably would have been clear evidence of whether or not he was down and also on the Anquan Boldin TD towards the end of the game and whether or not he was actually in the end zone.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

We need to give Memo at least 10 carries against the Bears.
    CT is burning out.....he is wearing out and we need to lighten his load to enhance his effectiveness.
    Its a huge boast that Marcus Robinson will play against the bears as he is our only ligitimate starting WR.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Any fumble/turnover concerns me, but so far, my respect for Chester's vision, endurance and plain running ability has exceeded any worries I have of him catching a career long strain of fumblitis. He just needs to "take care of the ball" (as Childress would say) a little better. Having a 1000+ yard rusher in house again is very pleasing.
    Even babies know the difference.

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

Why???

Then you should recall the replay I was refering to. His elbow was on the ground & after that it showed the ball squirt out between his elbow & waist. His knees were already down also & at the very least it should have been ruled that the ground cannot cause a fumble.
    If this is true...I hope someone in the Vikings organization is checking into this because someone is being dishonest be it the producer or camera men.
    I thought it was very strange that they only showed 2 different camera shots on the replay they might not have had as many cameras at the game but there was definitly more than 2

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

C.T. has earned the right to be a feature back in the NFL.

when the replayed the hit on one of his runs for the sound of the impact, the announcer sasys it's more Chester then it is the defender<don't remember name and no tivo>. when i saw that replay and his hit again, i smiled.

people questioned his vision on the slow start, he's proven so far he can read his lanes and set his blocks

people questioned his tuffness, he gets more yards after innitial contact, he's hitting D's instead of just avoiding them, he's getting stronger and faster as the year progresses. ok he's had some strange fumbles, but his ratio's are far outstretching his drops so far. and that last one was just a horse #$%^ call, and review.

match that to the fact that last week we seemed to have
    right side running lanes not just center and left. D's can't focus on a 1 sided game, i think this is gonna bring a LoT more CT yards. like going from a country road to a 4 lane highway.

I do agree though that when we have a good cushion and are just trying to eat time away, we should increase touches to our other backs. but i am really happy that we have one of the top backs in the league.
    he's tuff, fast, and has proven his talent belongs in the purple & gold!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I hope Chester gets a whole lot more than a few yards! I'm up for 100 or 200 tomorrow!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast