Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is Chester Taylor getting tired?

"Storm" wrote:
    His numbers are diminishing partly because the opposing defenses are figuring out our offensive game plan. Run, run, throw short pass on 3rd and long and hope for YAC. Its easy to stop after 100th time we attempt it.
    Pulling stuff out of your jiggly butt will get you nowhere.
    The summary of the actual sequence of plays shows that your premise has no basis in reality.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

The passing numbers on first two downs are highely inflated by the games when we were behind. And we were behind quite on a few games. Aside from that, we are not throwing the ball deep. So yeah, it might be run, pass for 2 yards, pass short on 3rd and long. Whoopdiedoo, what a big difference does that make. The game plan is the same anyway, and that game plan is putting us in a shitload of 3rd and long situations.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    His numbers are diminishing partly because the opposing defenses are figuring out our offensive game plan. Run, run, throw short pass on 3rd and long and hope for YAC. Its easy to stop after 100th time we attempt it.
    Pulling stuff out of your jiggly butt will get you nowhere.
    The summary of the actual sequence of plays shows that your premise has no basis in reality.

You accuse me of ruining good argument with facts, and now you just ripped this guys post to shreds doing the same thing!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"Storm" wrote:
    The passing numbers on first two downs are highely inflated by the games when we were behind. And we were behind quite on a few games. Aside from that, we are not throwing the ball deep. So yeah, it might be run, pass for 2 yards, pass short on 3rd and long. Whoopdiedoo, what a big difference does that make. The game plan is the same anyway, and that game plan is putting us in a shitload of 3rd and long situations.
    You pulled the first post out of your ass and now you follow up with another comment pulled out of your ass.
    See post #44 and you will see that there isn't even one game where the long pass wasn't attempted.
    If you want to comment on the 3rd and long situations you should review this thread.

There are problems on the O, no doubt about it.
    If you're going to completely make stuff up based on your opinion don't expect people to buy into it.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

And since you're so hell bent on linking random numbers that you cant even analize properly, I'll give you this: we are fifth in the league in number of 3rd down attempts, and 26th in 3rd down conversions. What does that tell us? That we have an assload of long 3rd downs and we cant convert them to save our collective lives. Because we throw too short on first two downs, and becasue we throw too short on 3rd down as well. Hello, bad game plan, nice to meet you.

"Storm" wrote:
    And since you're so hell bent on linking random numbers that you cant even analize properly, I'll give you this: we are fifth in the league in number of 3rd down attempts, and 26th in 3rd down conversions. What does that tell us? That we have an assload of long 3rd downs and we cant convert them to save our collective lives. Because we throw too short on first two downs, and becasue we throw too short on 3rd down as well. Hello, bad game plan, nice to meet you.
    Random numbers that I can't even analyze correctly?
    Did you even read the threads?
    They is nothing random about them.
    These are actual plays from the game.

Also, if you would have read the threads it said exactly what you just said in the second to the last sentence, but in more detail with justification.

Also, if you would have read the threads it said exactly what you just said, but in more detail with justification.
    So you agree that we stubbornly keep calling a wrong and predictable gameplan on offense so far this season? Because thats what I'm trying to get across here, y'know.

"Storm" wrote:

Also, if you would have read the threads it said exactly what you just said, but in more detail with justification.
    So you agree that we stubbornly keep calling a wrong and predictable gameplan on offense so far this season? Because thats what I'm trying to get across here, y'know.
    I agree that our offense has been pathetic.
    I also know that they have lost 5 of their six games by an average margin of 4.8 pts.
    I also know that 4.8 < 6 or one score.
    I also know that the O-line, Receiving corps, QBing, inopportune penalties, turnovers, and play calling are all part of the problem.
    I also know that there isn't any one thing that it can be blamed on without layering the blame in subjectivity.
    I also know that it is easier to pin the blame on one person and/or one component of the offense.
    I also know that just by looking at a simplistic view of runs/passes by down game-by-game and over the season (equally split between runs and passes in 1st and 2nd downs) does not justify that play calling is the culprit.
    It is a WCO and the 3rd and longs have been pathetic for many reasons.
    The one thing I really miss is having a go-to-guy like Cris Carter for the 3rd and longs...for that matter, any receiver that can be consistent.
    Also, it won't take much, assuming the D continues to play like it has, to turn the Ls into Ws.

I agree that our offense has been pathetic.
    I also know that they have lost 5 of their six games by an average margin of 4.8 pts.
    I also know that 4.8 < 6 or one score.
    I also know that the O-line, Receiving corps, QBing, inopportune penalties, turnovers, and play calling are all part of the problem.
    I also know that there isn't any one thing that it can be blamed on without layering the blame in subjectivity.
    I also know that it is easier to pin the blame on one person and/or one component of the offense.
    I also know that just by looking at a simplistic view of runs/passes by down game-by-game and over the season (equally split between runs and passes in 1st and 2nd downs) does not justify that play calling is the culprit.
    It is a WCO and the 3rd and longs have been pathetic for many reasons.
    The one thing I really miss is having a go-to-guy like Cris Carter for the 3rd and longs...for that matter, any receiver that can be consistent.
    Also, it won't take much, assuming the D continues to play like it has, to turn the Ls into Ws.
    You can take some consolation in losing close games, true, but I dont see what is being done to improve that O. If we come out against Arizona with that same old uber-conservative WCO, I think I'm gonna snap.
    > Seriously though, Arizona is the perfect opponent for our offense to get some confidence back. Throw some bombs, run some reverses, utilize TEs (yes, we have some TEs on our roster), just do something NEW.

Or maybe Childress has come to conclusion that we dont have the personel to do anything else on offense...

The four game losing streak has put everyone on edge, some more than others.
    There are problems, but I have yet to be convinced that they are insurmountable.
    They are not far off from being a force, and I'm talking in a time-frame that is not palatable to some fans.

....back to the topic of the thread.
    No, Chester is not tired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast