Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Re: Chester Taylor or Adrian Peterson?

Peterson should start, Chester should spell him. The Packers blitzed the Chargers on every obvious run formation last week, I hope the Vikes have prepared something special to counter that.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"x-ray" wrote:
    Peterson should start, Chester should spell him. The Packers blitzed the Chargers on every obvious run formation last week, I hope the Vikes have prepared something special to counter that.
    Better be T-rich along with multiple TE sets.
    That will take away from the WR's role however, it should give our QB more protection and can help with the run blocking as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Oh ya, I forgot...
    players aren't suppose to lose their job to an injury.
    Does that include Tarvaris if Holcomb lights up the Packers for 4 TDs?

=Z=
    Ask the stand up guy!
    LOL!

I would think so though.
    Holcomb is being groomed for a back up role IMHO.
    If Holcomb lights up the Pack for 4 TDs.
    I will officially be on the Holcomb bandwagon.
    You can throw me on their as well.

If Chester is heatlhy I think he'll get the start, largely to keep his head in the game.
    AD is going to give it his all no matter how he is used at this point.
    Chester is probably fighting a little ego issue, watching the rook get all the attention, last year Chester was our only highlight on offense.
    Give the vet his due, start him out, he's more than adequate if healthy, and then mix a healthy dose of AD in there.
    Nothing would make me happier than seeing Chester tear it up and giving us this debate throughout the season.
    Ideally, these guys make each other better and there will be plenty of carries to share.

At some point, its going to be hard not to try and ride AD as the primary back though.
    I also wonder if the injury bug is going to start hitting Chester more often if he doesn't come out and have good games.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"x-ray" wrote:
    I think you start with the slower guy and then come in with the faster guy as a change-of-pace.

If they can both go, a Packers blitz strategy if they are both on the field is an invitation for AD to get open into space and go the distance.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Oh ya, I forgot...
    players aren't suppose to lose their job to an injury.
    Does that include Tarvaris if Holcomb lights up the Packers for 4 TDs?

=Z=
    Ask the stand up guy!
    LOL!

I would think so though.
    Holcomb is being groomed for a back up role IMHO.
    If Holcomb lights up the Pack for 4 TDs.
    I will officially be on the Holcomb bandwagon.
    You can throw me on their as well.

If Chester is heatlhy I think he'll get the start, largely to keep his head in the game.
    AD is going to give it his all no matter how he is used at this point.
    Chester is probably fighting a little ego issue, watching the rook get all the attention, last year Chester was our only highlight on offense.
    Give the vet his due, start him out, he's more than adequate if healthy, and then mix a healthy dose of AD in there.
    Nothing would make me happier than seeing Chester tear it up and giving us this debate throughout the season.
    Ideally, these guys make each other better and there will be plenty of carries to share.

At some point, its going to be hard not to try and ride AD as the primary back though.
    I also wonder if the injury bug is going to start hitting Chester more often if he doesn't come out and have good games.
    Start Chester...but give AP more touches!
    We ALL know (including Chester) who the GOLDEN BOY is on our offense...and that's AP!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

"x-ray" wrote:
    It is called a screen pass! We need to do more of them. I was yelling at my TV during the Detroit game to throw one. Also I was yelling at my TV to do more Play Action against KC. This weekend I will be in the Stands yelling about something. You always think you can do better than the coach while you are sitting on the couch.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

"gr8vike" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    It is called a screen pass! We need to do more of them. I was yelling at my TV during the Detroit game to throw one. Also I was yelling at my TV to do more Play Action against KC. This weekend I will be in the Stands yelling about something. You always think you can do better than the coach while you are sitting on the couch.
    I think that we COULD do better than Chilly...sadly.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    For an educated man, you say some really dumbass shit sometimes.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    For an educated man, you say some really dumbass pooh sometimes.

=Z=
    It's a JOKE, DuMB BASS!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    For an educated man, you say some really dumbass pooh sometimes.
    It's a JOKE, DuMB BASS!!!
    For an educated man, you write some really bad jokes that are hard to see as jokes.

=Z=

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast