Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chester Taylor

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Chester Taylor

I think AD compliments Chester very well.
    It seemed like Chester broke more large gains last year than the year before.
    He stays fresher and the defense is forced to play against two running styles.
    As stated, I think both benefit from each other's presence.
    I do like the 1-2 punch and hope it is hear to stay for sometime.

With that said, Chester is a replaceable type back.
    He is not a great RB, he is a solid RB.
    I'm sure we could pick up a similar type player in a later round of a draft down the road.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"purplepowered" wrote:
    Take care of both and keep moving the team forward toward the SB and honestly try to get it done and they will want to stay. Mess with them and they will go. When I heard coach dumbass at MNF bears game saying we have taylor for this year now only....... and that is what we are dealing with...." I was totally P.O'd when I saw that when I got home and watched the replay cause I was at the game and they didnt show that interview at the game. So the way he said it was he was intent on trading him this year with AP now here. He better not...it sure would be stupid.
    Ya lost me. Is there a link or article on what you are describing?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I think AD compliments Chester very well.
    It seemed like Chester broke more large gains last year than the year before.
    He stays fresher and the defense is forced to play against two running styles.
    As stated, I think both benefit from each other's presence.
    I do like the 1-2 punch and hope it is hear to stay for sometime.

With that said, Chester is a replaceable type back.
    He is not a great RB, he is a solid RB.
    I'm sure we could pick up a similar type player in a later round of a draft down the road.
    His contract is VERY affordable...no need to replace him just yet.
    And chances are, he would just re-sign given the chance to play for a team that SHOULD be positioned to go deep in the playoffs in the next few years or so.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Del" wrote:
    I would consider trading him. I have a feeling he wants to start and if you are going to lose him you may as well get something out of him.
    It's a business right? I suspect he will be traded next year and a young guy will be brought in.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "purplepowered" wrote:
    Take care of both and keep moving the team forward toward the SB and honestly try to get it done and they will want to stay. Mess with them and they will go. When I heard coach dumbass at MNF bears game saying we have taylor for this year now only....... and that is what we are dealing with...." I was totally P.O'd when I saw that when I got home and watched the replay cause I was at the game and they didnt show that interview at the game. So the way he said it was he was intent on trading him this year with AP now here. He better not...it sure would be stupid.
    I remember the statement but I can't find a link to any of the articles on it. He was just keeping things close to the chest when he made the statement.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jkjuggalo" wrote:

I also think he is starting to realize that it is advantageous for him to split the load at RB.
    His career should last longer and therefore ensure income for a longer period of time.
    He still gets paid well and plays for a good team.
    That's all he could really ask for.
    If somebody wanted to lure him away with a fat contract, that is up to him, but I think he'd be foolish to leave a team on the rise w/ a great Oline.
    ??? Where does everyone get this "Great O-Line" from?
    Our line is far from great. More like mediocre.

Our line gave up 38 sacks last year. While they did improve as the year went along, IMO they are only average or a little above.

Anyone who thinks they are great are just kidding themselves.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:

"jkjuggalo" wrote:

I also think he is starting to realize that it is advantageous for him to split the load at RB.
    His career should last longer and therefore ensure income for a longer period of time.
    If somebody wanted to lure him away with a fat contract, that is up to him, but I think he'd be foolish to leave a team on the rise w/ a great Oline.

Our line gave up 38 sacks last year. While they did improve as the year went along, IMO they are only average or a little above.

I think it is safe to say I am not one of them

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "purplepowered" wrote:
    I remember the statement but I can't find a link to any of the articles on it. He was just keeping things close to the chest when he made the statement.
    What was the statement?
    That we have CT for one year more?
    Makes no sense.
    Still lost I guess.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:

"jkjuggalo" wrote:

Some people believe that because we've lead the league or have been at the top of the league, in rushing the last 2 years we have a "Great O-line".

I for one think they are pretty damn good running (Zone Blocking Scheme) and fair in pass blocking (Man-to-Man) but really suck at switching between the two.

Most of that I put on TJ and Birks pre-snap reads/adjustments at the line based on what they see/recognize the defense is gonna do.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

CT is part of what is probably going to be the best RB tandem in the NFL.
    IF he has the ego, and says.. I am a starter not part of a tandem.. sure he'll be gone after next year. IF he is a competitor, wants to be the best, and really does want to make it somewhere. He'll stay.

IF the Vikes now.. working as a business feel that his age is a factor.. and after this year (we showcase the best tandem) we trade him for help elsewhere. well.. i'd be sad for a bit. but probably happy in the end as it seems that this Trio and their subordinates seem to know talent when they see it.

I really do hope though we keep both for a few years. Work then into one of the greatest tandems in history!!
    They each have their own style, and each brings to the game a little difference.. Both will do us proud this year!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast