Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Re: Chester Predicted To Get More Yards Then Edge

"Gift" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Taylor's gonna be a solid RB, but I don't think he'll outgain Edge. There's not going to be anybody challenging Edge for carries in the Cardinals offense (Marcel Shipp? Please.), and Taylor will have Bennett, Moore, or Fason challenging him for carries.
    Wilfy's already said he's not gonna give Bennett a new contract, I see Moore possibly being a challenge for the top spot, because moore and Taylor are very similar. I think Taylor does everything moore does slightly better. I really don't know about Fason. He only ever played as a short yardage back. I have yet to see him in on a first or second down. Whatever happens i hope we pick a starter and stick with him, giving him only OCCASIONAL breathers. not like the last few years where every second play there was a new running back.
    Well, it's good news that Bennett isn't gonna get a new contract. With that, I still think Taylor will end up splitting carries with Moore (although I would like us to have one feature back), and Fason will take the goal-line carries.
    I worry about short yardage, Fasion just doesn't have the power needed or atleast not that I've seen.
    I think this might be why they did sign that FB and also why they are bringing in Henderson...to help with some of these short yardage situations.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Del Rio Guest

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "Experts" also predicted the triumphant return of Hovan. I wouldn't put too much stock into this. Yeah, Taylor is good, but I don't even think he's good enough to be an every-down back, much less to be used enough to get more yardage than Edge.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
    By all accounts he has had a "triumphant return." I'd say anchoring the Bucs defensive line and getting a new multi-year deal with them is a big turnaround from his last year with us.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5038

Good luck to him, he did a great job for us in 2001, 2002 and 2003.
    You never fail to misunderstand my posts. I am referring to predictions extending only to next year, as was the case when they predicted that Hovan would have his best season in 2003.

Taylor, Hutchinson, and Leber are not going to fill every hole that our team has (unless they put on a lot of weight). I had crafted a reply to your response to my post in another thread, but that thread was locked before I finished typing it. We need at least SOME experienced, high-level players on our team, particularly at the safety position and at middle linebacker (which, being the quarterback of the offense, is a risky position to entrust to a player who, though high on potential, has hitherto been low on results - regardless of how much film you've watched). But I digress. In any case, these "experts" are often wrong. Hovan only got 30 tackles and 1 sack last season, which isn't really a triumphant return. He was and is a slightly-above-average player, as is Taylor (in my opinion).

[size=18px]As I mentioned before, I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd also love it if you stopped acting like a douche[/size].

In conclusion, nyah nyah! You're an idiot! Stupidhead! I felt that I had to mention that, because, as you are well aware, insulting someone's intelligence is an excellent substitute for a real argument.
    Not cool, not allowed.

Knock it off. If you two have a problem with each other PM and work it out like big boys if not PM a mod, do not openly attack another member.

Del Rio Guest

"olson_10" wrote:
    taylor more yards than edge? yah its very easily possible! edge decided he would go for the money and warm weather rather than the nice stats and wins..he is behind one of the leages absolute worst o-lines..taylor could easily go for 1300 yards this year, with 500 yards receiving, as long as he is durable enough to carry the premier runningback load..look at the line he will be running behind, its rediculous! the left side mckinnie, hutchinson (he is ours because of the sneaky contract terms), and birk..3 potential pro bowlers in our o-line, wow..edge will barely go for 1100 yards this year which is my prediction, since he will be swarmed in the backfield every play, and he wont catch that many balls with warner on his butt and out with a broken thumb by week 3
    Not really. Their offensive line gave up fewer sacks then most. Sure the rushing was horrible, but that does not immediately point to the line. Edge is a good fit in Arizona.

Arizona is destined to lose though. They were like 8th in total offense and 8th in total defense and they still sucked it up.

He will definately have more yards then Chester no doubt about it. I wouldn't be surprised if CHester had 650 yds rushing. This is the WCO offense he may touch the ball 20-30 times but they wont be rushes.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I don't believe that premise...but would be delighted to be proven wrong!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I don't believe that premise...but would be delighted to be proven wrong!
    There is no need to proove you wrong when you have never been proven right.

:grin: :grin:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345