Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Cheers for the Vikings

Yeah, I know we lost. Yeah, I'm not happy about it.

However, as I sat and contemplated kicking the cat, I had to ask myself what I was really upset about.

Sure, we lost. But WE GOT THERE!!!! How many teams (Including the hated Packers) didn't?

And, we got there after struggling for 3 years to get back to the play-offs.

We've improved our team in 3 years to the point where we have HOPE at least. We don't approach each season KNOWING we're going to be sitting home in the post season (Detroit ring a bell?).

And, this year, we had two FEWER weeks to prepare for the draft...and I'M ECSTATIC!!!!

We're not that far away. A handful of key Defensive acquisitions, a round of cranial-rectal seperation operations for our coordinators, and a severe beating administered to our Owner and WE'RE A CONTENDER (I'm only half joking about this).

In all seriousness, who would've expected us to be HERE 3 years ago? After the 5-11 season, we were staring "Rebuilding" in the face...and I wasn't real happy about it.

The past two seasons are disappointments because we "underachieved"...yet who expected us to be "underachievers" 3 years ago? Truth is, we're gaining ground. We're getting better. It doesn't happen over night.

I look forward to watching what our team does in the off-season. A handful of smart moves and we're the "team to beat".

Our intensity is there, our desire is there, and the cornerstones of our team are there. Tice has brought some solid Defensive players in while improving our Offense...I have great faith that he will continue that trend.

And *fingers crossed* if someone buys out McCombs, we could REALLY jump start our team for next season.

So, while I'm disappointed in the loss, I'm not disappointed in my TEAM. I'm friggin' PROUD of them.

We'll get 'em next season.

GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!

Caine

GQVikesfan is offline Starter

Re: Cheers for the Vikings

"Caine" wrote:
    Yeah, I know we lost. Yeah, I'm not happy about it.

However, as I sat and contemplated kicking the cat, I had to ask myself what I was really upset about.

Sure, we lost. But WE GOT THERE!!!! How many teams (Including the hated Packers) didn't?

And, we got there after struggling for 3 years to get back to the play-offs.

We've improved our team in 3 years to the point where we have HOPE at least. We don't approach each season KNOWING we're going to be sitting home in the post season (Detroit ring a bell?).

And, this year, we had two FEWER weeks to prepare for the draft...and I'M ECSTATIC!!!!

We're not that far away. A handful of key Defensive acquisitions, a round of cranial-rectal seperation operations for our coordinators, and a severe beating administered to our Owner and WE'RE A CONTENDER (I'm only half joking about this).

In all seriousness, who would've expected us to be HERE 3 years ago? After the 5-11 season, we were staring "Rebuilding" in the face...and I wasn't real happy about it.

The past two seasons are disappointments because we "underachieved"...yet who expected us to be "underachievers" 3 years ago? Truth is, we're gaining ground. We're getting better. It doesn't happen over night.

I look forward to watching what our team does in the off-season. A handful of smart moves and we're the "team to beat".

Our intensity is there, our desire is there, and the cornerstones of our team are there. Tice has brought some solid Defensive players in while improving our Offense...I have great faith that he will continue that trend.

And *fingers crossed* if someone buys out McCombs, we could REALLY jump start our team for next season.

So, while I'm disappointed in the loss, I'm not disappointed in my TEAM. I'm friggin' PROUD of them.

We'll get 'em next season.

GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!

Caine

Yep! We got to the 2nd round and it was fun while it lasted. I'm just happy that we made it to the playoffs after a 3 season drought!
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewĄt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Cheers for the Vikings

I agree, we wern't even suppose to be in the playoffs, and at least we got to beat on the Pack again :cheers:
    Looking forward to some proggresive changes...we'll be back!!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Good post

And yet another good post from Caine! And I totally agree with what you said about not being disappointed in the team but more so with the loss. I think last week makes up for the disappointment for this week, and while it would have been nice to win, just knowing that we knocked the Packers out when everyone said we couldn't was satisfying. Now I've got 7 more months to get ready for next season and get myself psyched up!! SKOL VIKES!!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Cheers for the Vikings

Baby steps! First year, get to the playoffs, the next year get to the NFC championship game, the next year, win the big bowl!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Cheers for the Vikings

You can also look at it this way last season we were 9-7 and missed the play-offs. This year we went 8-8 and made the play-offs so is there a decline in the NFC?
    can we clone Bud Grant?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Cheers for the Vikings

"dan3ski" wrote:
    You can also look at it this way last season we were 9-7 and missed the play-offs. This year we went 8-8 and made the play-offs so is there a decline in the NFC?
    I would rather look at it the other way...LOL

The fact of the matter is this, we are out of the playoffs, so our offseason starts now...we can dream and be as positive as we want to about next season...and we can even wax nostalgic about this past season, because the end result is that we are out, no matter where we got beat!

Dare to dream!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE