Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Cheer Up Vikings Fans...here's an early look at what an early pick can do for us

I know, we suck. But, as they pointed out today, we lead the league in games lost by under 7 points with 7. Tho things look grim now, we're not that far away from competing again!

Can't say I'd be too disappointed with this route...although, I do kinda feel we may have a better chance of signing a vet and/or developing a better OG option than we do of finding a secondary or WR upgrade out there. Perhaps? Better going S, CB, or WR early in the draft and look to upgrade OG via FA....?

Anyway, complements of WalterFootball.com: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

#2 Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    This really is as much of a no-brainer as Andrew Luck to the Colts. If Matt Kalil is on the board, the Vikings won't spend two minutes handing in their draft card. Of course, I won't be happy about this because I won't have enough time to write stupid things in my live draft blog.

Kalil is the best non-quarterback in this class, and Minnesota has a major need at left tackle, where the pedestrian Charlie Johnson has sucked all year. The Vikings absolutely need to make sure the promising Christian Ponder is well protected.

Minnesota Vikings: Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State
    As mentioned earlier, the Vikings need to upgrade their woeful offensive line. Help is needed at both guard positions; Steve Hutchinson turns 34 in November, while Anthony Herrera should not be starting in this league.

Minnesota Vikings: Shaun Prater, CB, Iowa
    Minnesota's secondary is an absolute mess right now. The front office has to find some cornerback help in free agency or early in the 2012 NFL Draft.
    He pretty much sums up the state of our franchise there, eh!?

Really, I hope we stay in the top three picks, cuz that would pretty much guarantee we get Kalil or Blackmon, the consensus 2nd and 3rd picks at the moment. Best LT in the draft would upgrade a long time problem. And, those two throws Ponder just overthrew Aromashodu on!? Not a problem for a guy like Justin Blackmon!

Better blocking and one true deep threat helps not just our QB but AP BIG TIME!! Fix our secondary, we just might have a chance to win the North next season!?!??

BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    You should change the title many people will enter this post hoping for some different stuff
    El underdog.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Given our Matt Millen like draft history it wouldn't surprise me if we draft Richardson to shore up our RB depth. But seriously we have a lot of needs and I'm ok if we take the best available to start fixing them. I'm just worried we're going to have the 2nd pick and blow it on something we don't immediately need, or trade down and blow it later.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Kalil staying at USC. Gotta keep up, this is old news by this point.

Vikings Deflated as USC
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Blackmon or Claiborne will serve us well if Kalil stays in school.

To be honest with you I don't know if there is a player in the top 10 that wouldn't be better at their position than what we have now so it is going to be hard to pick badly. Although if anyone can do it........

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Kalil staying at USC. Gotta keep up, this is old news by this point.

Vikings Deflated as USC
    "Leaning towards" is a bit different than "definitely".

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    "Leaning towards" is a bit different than "definitely".

=Z=
    Odd, I don't see where I used the word "definitely"... but maybe this article is a bit more accurate:

NFL Draft 2012: Matt Kalil stays at Southern Cal despite being top OT prospect - NFL - Sporting News

According to CBSSports.com, offensive tackle Matt Kalil will be staying at Southern Cal for the 2012 season.
    So, does "will be staying..." mean the same thing as "leaning towards?"

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    No one knows until Kalil comes out and says what he will do, i think some of this have to do with Barkley going or not and if the bowl suspension is lifted.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    So, does "will be staying..." mean the same thing as "leaning towards?"
    You said "Kalil staying at USC". Definitely is implied when you make a black and white statement like that.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    You said "Kalil staying at USC". Definitely is implied when you make a black and white statement like that.
    Yeah I know, I'm just f'n around with Zeus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast