Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Check this out...Wouldn't be surprised!

A guy on the KFAN board who has so called "connections" to some people on the Vikes coaching staff said this:

"Apparently red has been making plans to hurt the vikings team as much as possible before he officially loses ownership (including trading moss) because of hard feelings with the team, things unreleased that we don't know about. The NFL has enough evidence of this and has opted to shut down any further actions with the team effective at 5:00 central march 1. NFL comittee's are holding meetings to decide further actions, but the most likely to happen immediately is that tice will be in charge of of free agents and trading within limits until a final action has been decided. it looks like the NFL will put fowler on the speed track to buying the team because its the easiest solution to the problem, i'll post again if i get any more updates, i should be around for a lil while to answer some questions."

Another poster said he reported the same thing last week. Before you all discount this guys' credibility, I should say that he also called the Moss trade to the Raiders beforehand and some other things - he apparently has a good rep on the board.

Interesting if true...

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Purple Dragoon is offline Training Camp

Wow. If this is true, it pumps my hatred of Red to new heights. That guy is just as bad, or worse, than Bud Selig was with the Brewers.

FUCK YOU RED!

Normally it wouldn't be believeable, but given how much of a b@stard Red is, I dont have a hard time believing it.

coreyd is offline Coach

I could see it! Red has to go down in history as being the worse owner in NFL history.
    Just look at what he did when we lost our fitst game 2 seasons ago, he went in and screamed at the team! This guy has no leadership capabilities what so ever, and being a former car salesman (Thats how Red got his money was in the car business) I would have to say that I was unfortunate enough to be in one the the most dishonest occupations a person could have. To hell with Red, and F$%K his green!

coreyd is offline Coach

One thing that my dad has told me as I was growing up was man makes the money, the money should never make the man. If the money makes the man, he has no integrity with it and should never be trusted when he is spending it!
    I AGREE WITH YOU DAD!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Doesn't sound to likely to me that the NFL will take control of the team away from RED. I am not sure they can. He owns it. If he wants to trade everybody away he can do it. I think its just another BS rumor.

WWBGD

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

There are rules in place to protect teams. I believe the league can step in. If you remember in baseball an owner was basicly forced to seel the team, also the Vikings used to have ten equall owners but the NFL said their had to be a majority owner which was how Red bought the team in the first place
    can we clone Bud Grant?

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Everybody? I'd feel funny sitting in the dome seeing not one player wearing purple and gold out on the field.

Seems like this is a bunch of BS...sorry for posting guys!

Maybe not...Im confused!

"According to people close to the Vikings, the NFL has gotten invloved with the actual Moss situation, speculation is that the NFL seems to believe that Red is purposly trying to depreciate the value of this team due to a riff that he has not only with the State of Minnesota but also with key members of the organization. Now that being said, according to sources, The Gm and Tice have been given authority to be active in the FA market within limits, (I'm guessing getting the team up to the minimum). Now, the word is that the NFL is speeding up the actual purchasing process for the Fowler group in order to get the team back on track and running in the right direction. As of May 1st at 5:00 pm this is supposed to happen."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast