Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Shot?

bmc342 is offline Waterboy

Cheap Shot?

Wilf testified in front of the joint Senate/House committee Monday and withdrew the Vikings request for $115 million for a retractable roof. He did this despite the fact that Anoka county officials have made it clear they want a roof. Despite the cost saving, does anyone else see this as a cheap shot by Wilf? The Vikings made a deal with Anoka county and then changed it without even conferring with them. Good luck dealing with the Anoka county board next year if the stadium bill doesn't pass this year.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Cheap Shot?

"bmc342" wrote:
    Wilf testified in front of the joint Senate/House committee Monday and withdrew the Vikings request for $115 million for a retractable roof. He did this despite the fact that Anoka county officials have made it clear they want a roof. Despite the cost saving, does anyone else see this as a cheap shot by Wilf? The Vikings made a deal with Anoka county and then changed it without even conferring with them. Good luck dealing with the Anoka county board next year if the stadium bill doesn't pass this year.

Link Please???

If this is true, I can see Anoka county withdrawing their offer completely. IMO I don't see the Vikes getting their stadium this legislative session and now if Wilfi "cut of his nose to spite his face" .... this deal is done for a long time.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I don't see it as a cheap shot - I think he's trying to help get the deal passed by shrinking the cost of the deal.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

He wants something to get done, it' not cheap at all. To me it means he will to do anything to keep the team in Minnesota.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"shockzilla" wrote:
    I don't see it as a cheap shot - I think he's trying to help get the deal passed by shrinking the cost of the deal.
    I agree. However this should not be done at the expense of both sides negotiation or talking things over before him going public. I hope they did anyways!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"shockzilla" wrote:

Anoka County, his "partner" in this venture has already numerous times stated they want a roof on the stadium (retracable or not) for it to be finacially viable for them. If Wilfi made this decision without their consent, it can only mean troubled waters between the two.

But again, Still Waiting On A Link to confirm that this even happened though. :roll:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bmc342" wrote:
    Then let Anoka County pay for the cost of the roof...the FIXED roof...and then Wilf AND Anoka County can split the cost of the difference between the fixed roof and the retractable roof...that way everyone pays for what they want...and splits the cost of the compromise item (the retractable roof).

As for me, that is why my car has a retractable roof...I want a convertible, my wife wants a hardtop...the retractable roof is the compromise...of course, I pay for the whole thing...but that's a whole 'nother issue! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/435648.html

Here's the link to the article in the StarTribune.

This thing was never going to get done this year anyway. I have my doubts about any of them.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Notes and Transactions

Notes

May 15 Brian Bakst, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president Lester Bagley told legislative negotiators dealing with stadium proposals that the team is willing to forego a retractable roof to shave costs and eliminate the need for $115 million in state subsidies. Bagley said it would reduce the price by $560 million, but another $115 million is being sought after by the team and Anoka County to improve the roads to complement the Blaine facility. Team owner Zygi Wilf would insist on no roof over a fixed roof, according to Bagley. With a retractable roof, the team would likely keep the top open on many game days. He added 70 percent of the seats would be covered by some type of overhang and there would be other heating to keep fans warm. Anoka County leaders are insisting the stadium include either a fixed or retractable roof to attract other event like the Super Bowl, the NCAA Basketball Final Four or concerts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/min/notes;_ylt=Ahq2UP1odZLWSuuSRICPTNpDubYF

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Note to legislature:

1. Remove head from rear end
    2. Clean out crap from ears
    3. Listen to the taxpayers
    4. Pass the stadium deal
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast