Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chavous Please Stay

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Everyone thinks cuz Willy had a decent game in the playoffs last year he should start..

He didn't do anything special.. Got a lucky pick cuz the ball did a lil break dance on his shoulder pad for 3 seconds.. He tackles about the same as Chavous.. Chavous maybe is better..
    I don't know.. I haven't seen much of Willy.. But he hasn't won the job yet so I'd say Chavous is better
    Did you watch the game? He caused two fumbles in that game, chavous didn't cause any fumbles all year. He didn't do anything specail? If i could find the thread i go back to it and show you how everyone was praising him after that game.

And no its not just one game, go back to the threads at the beginning of the year and look all the praise he was recieving from the coaches and fans early on. I'm not so sure i want willie to be our starter but i'll definitly let chavous go uless he wants to play backup (god forbid) for veterans minimum.

Willie offord is a better tackler, and he tackles harder, its obvious chavous can't cover, i've seen every single game he's played in a viking uniform since the day we picked him up through FA. He started out at CB and he was horrible, he was burned everytime they through his way, i couldn't figure out why there was so much hype on him when we picked him up. Then half season we moved him to safety where he played great, he played so good i thought he was a rising star at safety. Yeaer after that he played up to the potential i knew he had at safety. Past two year have been nothing short of mediocricy, i don't know where he went, the aggresion, the tackles behind the line of scrimage, the INT's, i used to love watching him, then he just disapeared.

I don't know that it makes any sense for me to try to convince you guys Willie Offord is better Strong Safety cause i dont' even know if he will be here next year. But I do know that Jimmy Willimas or Michael Huff have alot more potential than chavous ever has.

Bottom line is we can come back to this thread when chavous signs for another team and you guys can get used to new SS.
    Than why is he starting over Willie Offord?!?!?!?! :roll:
    I'm sorry but thats a stupid question. Willie Offord was hurt dude. Willie Offord was making more plays than chavous before he got hurt, this is why i'm convinced that offord or a draft pick could be a better SS for us.

Chavous was a CB, moved to FS (because he couldn't cover WR's), moved to SS where he really doesn't belong.

I don't want to start any beef or get anyone mad, but i watch alot of football and i love to watch great defense, and i know what a huge difference real good Safety's make on a defense. The likes of tony parrish, roy williams, palumalu, reed, darren sharper, bob sanders, sean taylor, brian dawkins, donovan darrius, ect the list goes on. I see what a difference maker they are to there overall team defense and i want our defense to be at that level, in order to do that i don't think Chavous is the answer. He doesn't play like those other great safeties, he's not out there making the plays i see those other guys making, YEAR AFTER YEAR consistantly. Consistancy is very important to a defense. Thats why Winfield, K Dub, Pat Williams and Sharper are the players they are.

"midgensa" wrote:
    I personally would like to see Chavous stay and think he gets a bad wrap from a ton of peeps on here.
    He makes tackles ... has fairly good hands and is fairly solid in coverage ... and is even better when he has a capable safety like Darren Sharper alongside him.
    From reading along on this thread ... I seem to agree with most of the people who don't always just try to cause sh!t on here ... the rest of you don't seem to base anything on anything ... only trying to get people upset.
    Offord is decent ... but has never shown anyone that he should be starting over Chavous. I was conversing with a fairly well known football analyst here and while he said he does not watch a lot of Vikings football, he does think that Chavous is a pretty good safety.
    I personally don't have any problems with him.
    Fairly is no good anymore. If you believe i havn't based my points on anything u need to go back and read the thread again. Read the facts, and if there not facts then let me know.

Anaylists, LOL!!!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Everyone thinks cuz Willy had a decent game in the playoffs last year he should start..

He didn't do anything special.. Got a lucky pick cuz the ball did a lil break dance on his shoulder pad for 3 seconds.. He tackles about the same as Chavous.. Chavous maybe is better..
    I don't know.. I haven't seen much of Willy.. But he hasn't won the job yet so I'd say Chavous is better
    Did you watch the game? He caused two fumbles in that game, chavous didn't cause any fumbles all year. He didn't do anything specail? If i could find the thread i go back to it and show you how everyone was praising him after that game.

And no its not just one game, go back to the threads at the beginning of the year and look all the praise he was recieving from the coaches and fans early on. I'm not so sure i want willie to be our starter but i'll definitly let chavous go uless he wants to play backup (god forbid) for veterans minimum.

Willie offord is a better tackler, and he tackles harder, its obvious chavous can't cover, i've seen every single game he's played in a viking uniform since the day we picked him up through FA. He started out at CB and he was horrible, he was burned everytime they through his way, i couldn't figure out why there was so much hype on him when we picked him up. Then half season we moved him to safety where he played great, he played so good i thought he was a rising star at safety. Yeaer after that he played up to the potential i knew he had at safety. Past two year have been nothing short of mediocricy, i don't know where he went, the aggresion, the tackles behind the line of scrimage, the INT's, i used to love watching him, then he just disapeared.

I don't know that it makes any sense for me to try to convince you guys Willie Offord is better Strong Safety cause i dont' even know if he will be here next year. But I do know that Jimmy Willimas or Michael Huff have alot more potential than chavous ever has.

Bottom line is we can come back to this thread when chavous signs for another team and you guys can get used to new SS.
    Than why is he starting over Willie Offord?!?!?!?! :roll:
    I'm sorry but thats a stupid question. Willie Offord was hurt dude. Willie Offord was making more plays than chavous before he got hurt, this is why i'm convinced that offord or a draft pick could be a better SS for us.

Chavous was a CB, moved to FS (because he couldn't cover WR's), moved to SS where he really doesn't belong.

I don't want to start any beef or get anyone mad, but i watch alot of football and i love to watch great defense, and i know what a huge difference real good Safety's make on a defense. The likes of tony parrish, roy williams, palumalu, reed, darren sharper, bob sanders, sean taylor, brian dawkins, donovan darrius, ect the list goes on. I see what a difference maker they are to there overall team defense and i want our defense to be at that level, in order to do that i don't think Chavous is the answer. He doesn't play like those other great safeties, he's not out there making the plays i see those other guys making, YEAR AFTER YEAR consistantly. Consistancy is very important to a defense. Thats why Winfield, K Dub, Pat Williams and Sharper are the players they are.
    He wasn't hurt the 3 years before this year. This is the first year he has gotten hurt. The 3 years before that he didn't show the coaches that he was good enough to start over Chavous.

http://media.putfile.com/Michael-Huff

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

He looks good. Lol, but what is wrong with that receiver in that first highlight, he just stops. He could have caught that ball if he would have taken two more steps and then jumped.

I don't know, he's in college i guess. It was a good INT, way to stick with the wr and not fall for the trick play, nice job going up to the highest point, timing it out then catching the ball.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345