Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chavous Please Stay

Chavous wouldn't stay for a back up.. He wants to start and he wants starter money.. Something I wouldn't pay for him to be a back up

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

yup and the offer we gave him to be a backup would "insult" him. heck he's aging, slowing down and he can't tackle all that good.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Chavous wouldn't stay for a back up.. He wants to start and he wants starter money.. Something I wouldn't pay for him to be a back up
    Then to him I say, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Well Darrin.. That's up the the front office to decide..

I wish him the best cuz he is a cool guy and one of my favorite players

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I totally agree with that.

Like at Brian Russell. He is a starter (:roll and if he can start Chavous can start.

I do not mind Corey too much. He stepped up this year and applaud that.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I totally agree with that.

Like at Brian Russell. He is a starter (:roll and if he can start Chavous can start.

I do not mind Corey too much. He stepped up this year and applaud that.
    No he didn't, he did nothing specatacular this year, at all period. He was surrounded by great players like Darren Sharper, Brian Williams and Antoine Winfield. Chavous is week, i'll give you a perfect example.

Two years ago we made the playoffs, won in the first round, second round we went to play Phili, everyone was all scared we where chavous-less. Willie Offord played that game and caused two fumbles, and had 2 batted passes. One wich was against Brian Westbrook man coverage, chavous would have been schooled if they tried to match him with Brian.

You guys that are scared of change need to snap out of it, "oh if we loose chavous his replacement will suck", that BS. Put Jimmy Williams or Michael Huff back there surrounded by pro bowlers with a coach who is known to get the best out of his DB's. Alot of people will start to forget about chavous. Wether its a rookie safety or a FA, i'm so ready for a chavous replacement, he is far overated and not near worth the money he thinks he deserves. To get paychecks like Darren Sharper you have to make more plays every year. Not just one lucky pro bowl year, ie Brian Russell.

Whats with the mentor stuff? We don't need chavous teaching the DB's how to take false steps, we'll let tomlin "mentor" the newbies. And Darren can throw in his two cents, he's a much better safety than chavous. I say get a young safety, put him on the field, surrounded with vets like winfield and sharper, there's no doubt in my mind that safety thrives.

If we keep chavous and pay him what he wants i'll be beyond pissed off at the orginization. I think they know better, they will review the film and find the weakest link in the secondary.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

:notworthy: awesome post....you couldnt have said it better. Chavous is a at best "ok" player hidden amoungest a sea of talent. We need a new SS...one that is a mean mothersucker and lays out WR's for breakfest. Huff or Williams would be perfect. Like you said, with Tomlin coaching the D our secondary is gonna be spectacular!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Who is going to take Chavous's spot and make an impact right away? Willie.......no. Fox.......... no. Draft one...... probably not. He is the best guy for the job right now, period. No he isn't the greatest, but he is solid and whoever we put at there won't be as good as he is.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    Who is going to take Chavous's spot and make an impact right away? Willie.......no. Fox.......... no. Draft one...... probably not. He is the best guy for the job right now, period. No he isn't the greatest, but he is solid and whoever we put at there won't be as good as he is.
    If all else failed with FA and the Draft i'd take offord over chavous in a heart beat. Offord has did well with his time on the field as of late, too bad he got hurt early on he was definitly on pace to steal chavous's starting job.

Only down fall is had a major knee injury, so thats scary. I don't even know if we will resign him or not.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

If Willie was better than Corey I think that he would have taken Corey's spot by now. He has been on the team long enough and he obviously hasn't shown that coaches that he is better than Corey or he would have been starting.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast