Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Chavous Please Stay

Ok, this is a thread where all the Corey "hits like a bag of feathers" Chavous fans get to express why they want to keep chavous.

I have not heard many facts to back up reasons for wanting to keep chavous besides he gets tackles, which any SS should be able to do in a 16 game season.

So this thread has been created to let the chavous fans express there need to keep Corey "Can't cover a TE" Chavous on the team.

Go :!:

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Chavous Please Stay

Depends who the alternative is. I agree that there are many better safeties in the league, and that there are potentially ways of getting a better playmaker. But Chavous is certainly adequate as a safety, so keeping him might be the best option. If we draft someone in the first few rounds thats capable of starting now, then I'm all for it. And I'm not sure what free agents are available, but that could be an option too.

Overall, Chavous is pretty decent, and I wouldn't be upset if we kept him. But there are better options available.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

The ONLY problem with Chavous, imo, is that he doesn't strike fear in anyone, but yes, he gets the job done. It's obvious he's a tackling corner, playing saftey.

Gift is offline Coordinator

I just think there are better peeps for the job.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Jkurtkrauss is offline Rookie

He went to the pro bowl a couple of years ago because he got a few INT's.

INT's are great, but it doesn't make up for getting scorched every game.
    He is the weakest link in the secondary.

Give me a hit-man who makes recievers think long and hard about going over the midddle.
    Spread my ashes at the H^3

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I agree, but there are no free agent Safeties worth picking up this off season.

Which is why I want to get Jimmy Williams, who is actually playing corner at VAtech, he is projected to play Safety this is his profile, the only thing to worry about I think is him not dropping to us, they say he might miss tackles cause he goes for the knockout, but that's what I want us to have, a player like Sean Taylor, without the off the field issues.

This is his profile http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/jimmywilliams.html

He could probably gain about 10 pounds also, cause he's tall, 6'3.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Unless we have a better replacement lined up NOW that can step in NOW and perform better than him NOW, we would be foolish to let him go. However, if Offord is ready to step in, then we need to consider letting him find employment elsewhere!

Jimmy Williams is projected to be GONE by the time that we pick...so don't hold your breath on him coming here!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Being a tweener and having some of that cockyness he could very well drop to the 17 spot. Whover drafts him will likely draft him at a Satety, 6'3" is too tall for a CB, he's got the coverage skills, speed and size to be a beast at SS.

Him or Michael Huff is who i want in the draft, but if we draft oline i have no arguement.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I feel the same way as you do vikingstw, except I'd rather have Williams.

but I wont complain with one or the other.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Unless we have a better replacement lined up NOW that can step in NOW and perform better than him NOW, we would be foolish to let him go. However, if Offord is ready to step in, then we need to consider letting him find employment elsewhere!

Jimmy Williams is projected to be GONE by the time that we pick...so don't hold your breath on him coming here!
    We got the most cap room in the league and we have 7 draft pics, trust me we can find someone to replace him NOW.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast