Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chavous or Darious

Darius will probably be a free agent next offseason anyway, no sense in trading for him now.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Apparently I am the only one who likes offord? He has looked great so far in mini camp, which doesn't mean much, but he is playing with much more confidence and is talking and being more of a leader back there. He got some good work with chavous skipping this last developmental camp and did a great job. I am fine with offord, if chavous leaves.

gpless05 is offline Starter

hey i like offord too. I dont know why everyone thinks that corey sucks because of his holdout, but you got to understand, this is carrer for him and for every nfl player out there. Corey is just unhappy with his money, and its not like he is having a big fit like t-hoe. I think that DD is not as good as CC. I do think that DD is more aggresive, but CC is alot smarter in terms of football so he gets my support. ANd even if corey doesnt sign in time, Wille offord is gonna be a hell of a back!

Im out!!!
    [img]http//i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/SkolPepper11/thefraycopy.jpg[/img]

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    CHAVOUS! we don't need sharper
    I take it you haven't seen the vikngs secondary in the last 5 years! They SUCK! They will suck till they prove otherwise! In other words, Chavous is overrated...Darius is on the rise....however Chavius is very smart, but he isnt as good as Darius is right now. We definetely NEED a new secondary cuz we NEED to win a super bowl!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Hopefully Sharper and Smoot pick up the slack, cuz the Vikings having a good D would be great....just like back in the Dungy days!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

ElBarto is offline Starter

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    Now that Corey Chavous seems to be unhappy would it have been worth it to get Donovan Darious maybe for a running back since Fred Taylor is always injured. Could you imagine Darious,Sharper,Smoot, and Winfield. Scary......
    We'd hurt our depth at RB if we gave one of them up, besides I heard Jacksonville were interested in Travis Henry.

I'm happy to go with either Chavous or Offord
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Offord definately shows potential. As far as Chavous is concerned I don't think he head that a season last year to hold out. You can't compare him to TO. Give me a break. I want CC on our team but for more money I think not. Personally I think his 8 interceptions in 2003 was a fluke. He had a lot that were overthrows just like Russell. I like CCs physicality but Darius is even stronger there. CC is smarter but he's not acting too smart now

Del Rio Guest

Darius is a cheap shotting SOB he can keep his ass away. We have Chavous he will do fine....just like he always does. He's a fucking saftey get over it.

gpless05 is offline Starter

OK, first of all, you cant have a fluke catching 8 interceptions. Its not like corey isnt trying. I dont think that anyone on our defense last year did a great job last year. I think that corey is just unhappy with his pay, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone does it, even if you are most respected. Another thing, i dont know why yall think that DD is this wonderful DB that is so hard hitting when the only big hit was when he hit fergy(which was nice!!!!) I still think that corey is and is always gonna be betta then DD. IM OUT!!
    [img]http//i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/SkolPepper11/thefraycopy.jpg[/img]

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"gpless05" wrote:
    OK, first of all, you cant have a fluke catching 8 interceptions. Its not like corey isnt trying. I dont think that anyone on our defense last year did a great job last year. I think that corey is just unhappy with his pay, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone does it, even if you are most respected. Another thing, i dont know why yall think that DD is this wonderful DB that is so hard hitting when the only big hit was when he hit fergy(which was nice!!!!) I still think that corey is and is always gonna be betta then DD. IM OUT!!
    As far as CCs 8 interceptions being a fluke; he never had more than 3 INTs for a year other than that. Maybe fluke was a bad word to use but until he has another year like that to me it will still be a fluke. Half of the INTs that year were over throws that fell into his hands which is fine. He still had a great year. I'm not saying CC is a bad football player. I'm saying IMO DD is better. Just my opinion. My point is I want CC on our team. He's smart and physical. But I don't think after the year he had last year he is any position to want more money. I understand him being upset b/c the Vikes brought in other players but let's face it our D sucked over the last 6 years. It's not all CCs fault. In fact, Tice sees it b/c he's still a starter. You have your opinion on who's better and I have mine. Granted DD played in a much better D so it may be unfair to compare the 2. I can only go by what I see with my own eyes. DD has 80 tackles per season and CC has 62.5 over their careers.

Let me get this straight to everyone. I want CC to be with the Vikings. I think there are other players better but that's ok. We are not going to have the best player at every position. My point of view is CC is not in any position to ask for more money here. It is definately his perogative. If he thinks he needs more money so be it. I don't have to agree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast