Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Chavous broke his elbow

"vikingstw" wrote:
    He did ok, better than i can say for our safeties. For the first TD, the TE pushed off throwing CC off balance, on the second TD, i was pissed.

I didnt yell at the defense to much today, i yelled more at Cotrell for not blitzing more. CC has a lack of exeleration but he can lay wood and he's great in the running game. We can live with him.

Yeah, but I just see a lack of coverage from our LB's, and EJ will never be a great cover MLB. DT is young and it will take him some time before he gets good at coverage, so that is why I think, to be better at coverage in the LB area next year, we need to get rid of claiborne and get a better coverage LB. I really want peterson, even though we probably won't get him. There are 3 or 4 other LB's that I like, as far as coverage goes.

We need to improve at coverage in the LB spot and at safety spot. I think in both cases, new personel is needed, IMO.

vikez06 is offline Starter

Chavous broke his elbow

im preatty sure tyron carter is hurt ... why did it have to be chavous and not russel!!! russel sucks some serious balls

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Chavous broke his elbow

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    I don't have high hopes for Offord, from what I've seen of him. He did ok his rookie year...but I don't think this will make any difference to our crappy pass D.

Me neither, but really, can they be any worse?
    lol...no, probably not.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Chavous broke his elbow

"vikez06" wrote:
    im preatty sure tyron carter is hurt ... why did it have to be chavous and not russel!!! russel sucks some serious balls

Tyrone carter plays for another team now. We never resigned him when he got healthy, so someone else did. I can't remember who it was though, but I remember seeing him play some for someone.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Chavous broke his elbow

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    He did ok, better than i can say for our safeties. For the first TD, the TE pushed off throwing CC off balance, on the second TD, i was pissed.

I didnt yell at the defense to much today, i yelled more at Cotrell for not blitzing more. CC has a lack of exeleration but he can lay wood and he's great in the running game. We can live with him.

Yeah, but I just see a lack of coverage from our LB's, and EJ will never be a great cover MLB. DT is young and it will take him some time before he gets good at coverage, so that is why I think, to be better at coverage in the LB area next year, we need to get rid of claiborne and get a better coverage LB. I really want peterson, even though we probably won't get him. There are 3 or 4 other LB's that I like, as far as coverage goes.

We need to improve at coverage in the LB spot and at safety spot. I think in both cases, new personel is needed, IMO.
    Well I'm pretty sure we can expect only one big free agent signing from Red...maybe. I don't know what the team is looking at but Peterson has to be near the top of the list. As disappointing as Tice and co have been during the season, they do have a good eye for talent and Peterson is the kind of smart player that I would hope they'd go after.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Chavous broke his elbow

I was really exited about having him for situations like this, hes a verteran whos played under cotrell. We would probably be better off with him then offord.

Chavous broke his elbow

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:

Well I'm pretty sure we can expect only one big free agent signing from Red...maybe. I don't know what the team is looking at but Peterson has to be near the top of the list. As disappointing as Tice and co have been during the season, they do have a good eye for talent and Peterson is the kind of smart player that I would hope they'd go after.

Peterson is the type of player that can make an average D great and a crappy D above average, just with his presence on the field. God that would be so great to get him.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Chavous broke his elbow

"vking" wrote:
    My point is we do to much thinking and not enough playing. I can't say I know a lot about Chavous but I will say I've never seen him lay somebody out, and I watch every game. WE need some aggression on D, and I don't see that out of Chavous. One big hit can change an attitude, sure it's probably to late but at this point what the hell.
    I think it was against Detroit but he came up and put a good lick on the running back to stop the play for no gain. I did mention it in one of my posts.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Chavous broke his elbow

Well, Chavous can always be counted on to make one big play in a Packer game, and one big play for us in a Packe game. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Chavous broke his elbow

I hate your sig.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast