Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Chavous broke his elbow

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Can our pass D get worse?
    Sometimes...this is where a back-up can get his chance, make an impact and influence the coaches...sometimes!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Chavous broke his elbow

"vking" wrote:
    Hey you never know. Seems we didn't play to bad without Moss did we? Forces guys to step up, and you can't argue that we don't need that.

Sorry, I have seen enough from offord, that I just don't see him helping out our pass D. It would be nice, but is wishful thinking.

vking is offline Training Camp

Chavous broke his elbow

My point is we do to much thinking and not enough playing. I can't say I know a lot about Chavous but I will say I've never seen him lay somebody out, and I watch every game. WE need some aggression on D, and I don't see that out of Chavous. One big hit can change an attitude, sure it's probably to late but at this point what the hell.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Chavous broke his elbow

Really to tell you the truth, i'm not bugged by this, i'm happy to see that offord will get a chance to play. I know he can lay wood, he's bigger than chavous, and hes stronger, he's fast than chavous. But does he have it going on upstairs. Can it get any worse? Probably not.

Go Offord, not some packer backer out of the game.

Chavous broke his elbow

"vking" wrote:
    My point is we do to much thinking and not enough playing. I can't say I know a lot about Chavous but I will say I've never seen him lay somebody out, and I watch every game. WE need some aggression on D, and I don't see that out of Chavous. One big hit can change an attitude, sure it's probably to late but at this point what the hell.

True. I guess I didn't have any confidence in us, with chavous, so who knows, maybe just maybe offord can be a positive influence on our D?

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Chavous broke his elbow

I don't have high hopes for Offord, from what I've seen of him. He did ok his rookie year...but I don't think this will make any difference to our crappy pass D.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Chavous broke his elbow

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    I don't have high hopes for Offord, from what I've seen of him. He did ok his rookie year...but I don't think this will make any difference to our crappy pass D.

Me neither, but really, can they be any worse?

Chavous broke his elbow

I dont have high hopes for chavous either, the guy just plain sucks this year. He gets tackles but there 20 yards from the line of scrimage. I never see him hitting a RB in the flat. He's pretty much invincible when he's in there. Can't get any worse, hell maybe better.

My question is WHERE THE HELL IS TYRONE CARTER, a veteran saftey that we alound to leave, even after he was healthy.

Chavous broke his elbow

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I dont have high hopes for chavous either, the guy just plain sucks this year. He gets tackles but there 20 yards from the line of scrimage. I never see him hitting a RB in the flat. He's pretty much invincible when he's in there. Can't get any worse, hell maybe better.

My question is WHERE THE HELL IS TYRONE CARTER, a veteran saftey that we alound to leave, even after he was healthy.

What did you think of claibornes game today? I know you really want to keep him, but he played pretty bad on pass coverage again today, giving up 2 Td's, covering(or not covering) TE's. I just want a quicker LB that can cover better than CC, and there are some in FA. He was pretty good on run D though today I will admit that.

Chavous broke his elbow

He did ok, better than i can say for our safeties. For the first TD, the TE pushed off throwing CC off balance, on the second TD, i was pissed.

I didnt yell at the defense to much today, i yelled more at Cotrell for not blitzing more. CC has a lack of exeleration but he can lay wood and he's great in the running game. We can live with him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast