Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    PhxFan's Avatar
    PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    460

    Chavous broke his elbow

    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Can our pass D get worse?
    Sometimes...this is where a back-up can get his chance, make an impact and influence the coaches...sometimes!

  2. #12
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Chavous broke his elbow

    "vking" wrote:
    Hey you never know. Seems we didn't play to bad without Moss did we? Forces guys to step up, and you can't argue that we don't need that.

    Sorry, I have seen enough from offord, that I just don't see him helping out our pass D. It would be nice, but is wishful thinking.

  3. #13
    vking is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43

    Chavous broke his elbow

    My point is we do to much thinking and not enough playing. I can't say I know a lot about Chavous but I will say I've never seen him lay somebody out, and I watch every game. WE need some aggression on D, and I don't see that out of Chavous. One big hit can change an attitude, sure it's probably to late but at this point what the hell.

  4. #14
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Chavous broke his elbow

    Really to tell you the truth, i'm not bugged by this, i'm happy to see that offord will get a chance to play. I know he can lay wood, he's bigger than chavous, and hes stronger, he's fast than chavous. But does he have it going on upstairs. Can it get any worse? Probably not.

    Go Offord, not some packer backer out of the game.

  5. #15
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Chavous broke his elbow

    "vking" wrote:
    My point is we do to much thinking and not enough playing. I can't say I know a lot about Chavous but I will say I've never seen him lay somebody out, and I watch every game. WE need some aggression on D, and I don't see that out of Chavous. One big hit can change an attitude, sure it's probably to late but at this point what the hell.


    True. I guess I didn't have any confidence in us, with chavous, so who knows, maybe just maybe offord can be a positive influence on our D?

  6. #16
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,321

    Chavous broke his elbow

    I don't have high hopes for Offord, from what I've seen of him. He did ok his rookie year...but I don't think this will make any difference to our crappy pass D.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

  7. #17
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Chavous broke his elbow

    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    I don't have high hopes for Offord, from what I've seen of him. He did ok his rookie year...but I don't think this will make any difference to our crappy pass D.

    Me neither, but really, can they be any worse?

  8. #18
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Chavous broke his elbow

    I dont have high hopes for chavous either, the guy just plain sucks this year. He gets tackles but there 20 yards from the line of scrimage. I never see him hitting a RB in the flat. He's pretty much invincible when he's in there. Can't get any worse, hell maybe better.

    My question is WHERE THE HELL IS TYRONE CARTER, a veteran saftey that we alound to leave, even after he was healthy.

  9. #19
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Chavous broke his elbow

    "vikingstw" wrote:
    I dont have high hopes for chavous either, the guy just plain sucks this year. He gets tackles but there 20 yards from the line of scrimage. I never see him hitting a RB in the flat. He's pretty much invincible when he's in there. Can't get any worse, hell maybe better.

    My question is WHERE THE HELL IS TYRONE CARTER, a veteran saftey that we alound to leave, even after he was healthy.


    What did you think of claibornes game today? I know you really want to keep him, but he played pretty bad on pass coverage again today, giving up 2 Td's, covering(or not covering) TE's. I just want a quicker LB that can cover better than CC, and there are some in FA. He was pretty good on run D though today I will admit that.

  10. #20
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Chavous broke his elbow

    He did ok, better than i can say for our safeties. For the first TD, the TE pushed off throwing CC off balance, on the second TD, i was pissed.

    I didnt yell at the defense to much today, i yelled more at Cotrell for not blitzing more. CC has a lack of exeleration but he can lay wood and he's great in the running game. We can live with him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre and elbow issues
    By Traveling_Vike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 09:43 PM
  2. Artis Hicks out for Vikings (elbow)
    By supdawg in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 08:58 AM
  3. If it's not tennis elbow, it may be "Wiiitis"
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 10:41 AM
  4. Childress offically doesn't know his elbow from his butt
    By SharperImage42 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 09:09 AM
  5. Brees Dislocated Elbow
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 09:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •