Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Chase Johnson - A big man to fill hole that McKinnie could leave

[size=13pt]Tom Powers: Minnesota Vikings have a big man to fill hole Bryant McKinnie could leave[/size]

Pioneer Press
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 06/08/2008 10:13:20 PM CDT

TOM POWERS

Here's a name Vikings fans should commit to memory: Chase Johnson....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Chase Johnson - A big man to fill hole that McKinnie could leave

Ohhhh Lord.
    I'm totally screwed and so is Chase if Mr. Powers believes that Chase is the guy to replace McKinnie.

Everyone knows Tom Powers doesn't know shit about football.
    :'(

Seriously though, I really like the potential this kid has (I know he hasn't played yet Singer) and think there is nothing but room to grow with him.
    Hicks has no potential.
    He is as good as he is gonna get.

With that said, I really would like to see Hicks gone to make room on the OL roster for either Mozes or Sullivan (both can play G and C) so they can be prepped to eventually take Birks spot if he doesn't come back next year.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Ohhhh Lord.
    I'm totally screwed and so is Chase if Mr. Powers believes that Chase is the guy to replace McKinnie.

Everyone knows Tom Powers doesn't know pooh about football.

Seriously though, I really like the potential this kid has (I know he hasn't played yet Singer) and think there is nothing but room to grow with him.
    Hicks has no potential.

With that said, I really would like to see Hicks gone to make room on the OL roster for either Mozes or Sullivan (both can play G and C) so they can be prepped to eventually take Birks spot if he doesn't come back next year.

Even a clock is right twice a day.
    I'm worried if McKinnie can't play for the first 2?4? games.. Not because i have no trust in Chase it's just that i havn't seen him do anything yet...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ohhhh Lord.

Hicks has no potential.

I'm worried if McKinnie can't play for the first 2?4? games.. Not because i have no trust in Chase it's just that i havn't seen him do anything yet...
    I like it.
    ;D
    ;D

I also worry abit but I harken back to last year when a kid named Cook was thrust into the job of RT with no experience.
    He really didn't do that bad as the year wore on.

Chase has had some time in the system and appears to have the talent.
    The question is have the coaches molded that talent to the point he could come in with little or no drop off...

Truth be told, even McKinnie needed help last year so would it be that bad if they helped Chase a bit as well with a TE?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ohhhh Lord.

Hicks has no potential.

I like it.
    ;D
    ;D

I also worry abit but I harken back to last year when a kid named Cook was thrust into the job of RT with no experience. He really didn't do that bad as the year wore on.

The question is have the coaches molded that talent to the point he could come in with little or no drop off...

Truth be told, even McKinnie needed help last year so would it be that bad if they helped Chase a bit as well with a TE?
    Do I need to dig up that Denver footage or the game against the redskins where defenders were running right by him? ;D

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ohhhh Lord.

Hicks has no potential.

I like it.

;D
    ;D

I also worry abit but I harken back to last year when a kid named Cook was thrust into the job of RT with no experience. He really didn't do that bad as the year wore on.

Do I need to dig up that Denver footage or the game against the redskins where defenders were running right by him? ;D
    Go ahead. Never said he was perfect, I said he didn't do that bad.
    ;D
    ;D :P

Heck, truth be told I really thought it was gonna be like a revolving door over there at RT last year which isn't what we saw.

As with all of the kids that were thrown to the mix over the last two years and told to learn on the field, it was kindof expected to see some inconsistency at times.

My guess, based on how he played last year the coaches should have him ready to go this year.
    Still gonna be some gaffs but I suspect there will be alot less.

Quick question.......Did McKinnie play better than Cook?
    I would say that they both had the same issues last year.
    Cook IMHO will learn/get better wereas Big Mac has reached his potential.
    At some point the staff will have to make a change at LT (couple of years I would assume/hope) and I would rather see a guy like Cook (or someone new next year) be there ready and willing to step in instead of a guy like Hicks who has reached his potential as well.

Do me a favor, when you pull up the tapes form those two games, pull up the tapes from the Giants game and SD game to offset them as well as to include the rushing stats for our RB's across the line.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

At 6'8" 330 pounds, Chase is as big as McKinnie. I like the size but have not seen him play. Is it preseason yet? Damn I am so excited!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Just noticed, i meant Even a broken clock is right twice a day, not a clock lol...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Thats one big mofo thats for sure!!
    Just based on size alone, I think he'd do all right run blocking.
    The bigger question would be "how are his feet?"
    Is he going to be able to get back and pick up those speed guys rushing the edge?

DE Jared Allen surely humbled second-year offensive tackle Chase Johnson on a couple of snaps on Saturday. Allen also didn't fare too poorly against starter Bryant McKinnie, getting enough penetration on Friday to bat down a pass attempt from Tarvaris Jackson.
    I guess thats to be expected, since most are calling Allen the "best DE in the league," but I still don't like hearing it about either of our blindside protectors!
    One would think top competition in training camp would help the learning curve there a bit...?

http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2008/06/a_few_thoughts.html
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Thats one big mofo thats for sure!!
    Just based on size alone, I think he'd do all right run blocking.
    The bigger question would be "how are his feet?"
    Is he going to be able to get back and pick up those speed guys rushing the edge?
    Will he be able to get out of his stance quicker than McKinnie?

Let's hope so.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast