Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Charlie Johnson restructured contract

Left guard Charlie Johnson signed a new deal that cut his maximum compensation and his cap number for 2013 by $500,000, an NFL source said.
    Source: Vikings guard Charlie Johnson restructured contract, too | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I think Kevin Williams will be asked to restructure or will be released. I think they may try to do a longer term deal with Allen thus lowering his cap for this year as well. They won't release Allen, so I hope something gets done with him because that is a lot of the cap right there on one player.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Charlie Johnson restructured contract

Good. Keep the line intact and bring in a few new guys to push them if they slip.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I think Kevin Williams will be asked to restructure or will be released. I think they may try to do a longer term deal with Allen thus lowering his cap for this year as well. They won't release Allen, so I hope something gets done with him because that is a lot of the cap right there on one player.
    Wrong side of the ball buddy.

I like the fact that we are keeping the line together but I hope we do draft a replacement guard for Johnson.
    Last edited by PackSux!; 03-16-2013 at 10:08 PM.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Wrong side of the ball buddy.

I like the fact that we are keeping the line together but I hope we do draft a replacement guard for Johnson.
    I know, just going with the players that have a high cap number and will possibly be asked to restructure. I am well aware of who plays defense and who plays offense.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Spielman is really putting the financial side in order on the team. It will be interesting to see how he puts together the rest of the roster.