Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Charlie Johnson: The Human Turnstile

I am not going to throw the whole O-line under the bus right now just Charlie. I mean our line was horrible yesterday and I will not make excuses for Donny but he couldn't exactly set back and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa while reading a book next to the fireplace back there. Our line got schooled like little girls.

I'm starting to think there was several reasons the colts didn't want him around and how he ended up here. Granted, this is one game and I am not hating him but I call em like I see them and he needs to improve in a hurry or Donny can expect more 39 yard games. Charlie you need to get mean and angry asap.

It amazes me that AP got the yards he did with the push the line gets for him, he definitely earns every yard he makes. The line wasn't atrocious not after one game but could work there way towards it if pattern continues.

That's all I got to say about that.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Charlie would be a great guard. He is a natural guard. But he is going to continue to get eaten alive at LT. He is too small. We HAVE to draft a LT in the first round this year (praying for Matt Kalil). Once we do that, we can move Johnson to guard and I think our O-line would shape up quickly.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    So tough to say we need LT but it's true. Not a glamour position. I am really hoping for the top LT or Blackmon at WR.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    So tough to say we need LT but it's true. Not a glamour position. I am really hoping for the top LT or Blackmon at WR.
    I truly believe that Matt Kalil is the next Joe Thomas or Jake Long. Maybe even better if that's possible. He would lock up our left side for 10 years. But he will be off the board early. Let's hope that teams go QB crazy and he slips to us.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    He is a RE-TREAD! LT is one of the most important positions on the field, to not address this position is ridiculous! How are our first two draft picks doing? A rookie QB and a TE, a waste of two picks! Bad enough to reach for Ponder, but to then go after a tight end as a second pick is almost as bad as going for a kicker. Then to go after McNabb is just idiotic!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    He is a RE-TREAD! LT is one of the most important positions on the field, to not address this position is ridiculous! How are our first two draft picks doing? A rookie QB and a TE, a waste of two picks! Bad enough to reach for Ponder, but to then go after a tight end as a second pick is almost as bad as going for a kicker. Then to go after McNabb is just idiotic!
    Wow, waste of picks? I think Ponder will be a good QB for us and Rudolph was a value pick. I didn't like it at first but he's a baller and I'm glad we got him. We will address OL next year with the 3rd pick in the draft after Luck and Barkley go off the board.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Wow, waste of picks? I think Ponder will be a good QB for us and Rudolph was a value pick. I didn't like it at first but he's a baller and I'm glad we got him. We will address OL next year with the 3rd pick in the draft after Luck and Barkley go off the board.
    I hope you are right and I am wrong...only time will tell. Still think Johnson is a re-tread.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    IMHO we would have been a better team at the end of the year if we would have went with Webb/Ponder and spent the McChunky money on another OL to help out with the blocking. I also believe after watching McKinney look dominant against the Steelers on Sunday that we made a mistake in sending him packing and that we could have had one hell of a great man blocking OL if we would have kept him and upgraded the C position with a guy who was bigger than Sully.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    How about we wait until Ponder has played a few downs before calling him a reach? If the FO knew at draft time that the tub-o-lard was going to turn up at camp at the size of a small whale then maybe they would have addressed the position.
    However they didn't and so were then left with working their way round the situation that occurred. So lets not start judging rookies after one game please.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He was good enough for Manning in Indy for several years so maybe it isn't all his failed. Maybe the Center isn't making the right pre snap calls to the ol and maybe the QB isn't making the right calls at the line to adjust for the defense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast