Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Charles Gordon makes Viking-sized return

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I also like Gordon. I don't understand why some mock drafts on other sites have us picking a CB in the first round. Like QB and WR, that is not going to happen.
    i would think it is because the makers of those mocks might have seen how many yards our cbs gave up and believe it isa need as some posters on here think.

truth be told when we get more consistent pass rush from our de our cb's will look better but they will still give up yards because of scheme.

in short.....they are yutzs ;D
    A better pass rush would help in some cases, but we've been ripped apart by short quick passes for 5-10 yards where there isn't enough time to get to the QB.

Just go back & take a look at the Vikings Patriots game of 2007. That's a prime example.
    the lb'rs help in taking those away.
    that is why it is important that we use lb in coverage vice blitzing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I also like Gordon. I don't understand why some mock drafts on other sites have us picking a CB in the first round. Like QB and WR, that is not going to happen.
    i would think it is because the makers of those mocks might have seen how many yards our cbs gave up and believe it isa need as some posters on here think.

truth be told when we get more consistent pass rush from our de our cb's will look better but they will still give up yards because of scheme.

A better pass rush would help in some cases, but we've been ripped apart by short quick passes for 5-10 yards where there isn't enough time to get to the QB.

Just go back & take a look at the Vikings Patriots game of 2007. That's a prime example.
    That's also why there is a need for speedy LB's & for for our CB's not to play so far off the line.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

That's also why there is a need for speedy LB's & for for our CB's not to play so far off the line.
    depending on his progress, we might see rufus out there alot for ben.
    additionally i bet we see a bit more 3-4 at times this year as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Charles is the frickin man

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Since mid-season he was starting to become one of my favorite players, this just helps his case

Thanks josdin00

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

From what i've seen of the kid he was learning. still got burned a few to many times, but that's what the early years are for!!!

now.
    if we can solidify a tandem or a rotating tandem with AW then we should be well set for years 2 come.

I do agree though that with quicker DE's and more qb preasures we should see better work from the CB's, or at least less blown coverages and super soft zones.

best part of the article. is he still has the desire to go out and prove himself. this is the best attitude i can see from a talented rookie emerging in the league.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12