Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65
  1. #31
    highdesertvike is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    44
    Yes, because that's what we do, apparently. Base the season on the bad things, and disregard the good things because, well, it's just preseason...right?

    An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

  2. #32
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601
    We suck. Cannot even score against the sieve Chargers defence.
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #33
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Any guy with a leg can do that. Nothing special. The missed FGs are a MAJOR concern! Not to mention it is indoors.
    Any guy with a leg can NOT do that. Longwell certainly couldn't. The first missed FG was a horrible snap, although his miss on Friday was his fault.

    Regardless of a missed FG, we are still in better shape than we were last year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #34
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    The more I watch these pre season games, the more I realize that were really REACHED on Ponder @ #12. We have 3rd and 5th rounders out playing him by a wide margin. He is being out played by this year's rookies as well. I know he get's the Homer vote because he is our QB but....Would you rate him higher than Wilson or Folkes at this point. That INT was brutal. Several of the sacks he took last night, he failed to locate his check down back who was wide open.
    Oh bullshit. What 3rd and 5th rounders are out playing him by a wide margin? Yes, I would rate him higher than both Wilson and Folkes. He may get some homer votes from people here, but that is ridiculous. He failed to find the open checkdown on ONE sack last night. One was a good coverage sack, and the other was a speed rush that Kalil completely missed on. The INT, I agree, was brutal.

    Take off the anti-Spielman shades. You are missing the game. 3rd and 5th Rounders? Seriously? That is so far off base it is sad.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #35
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    1. Chris Carr isn't as advertised. Another Spielman decision gone bad.
    2. Resigning Jenkins, another mistake. What a disgrace to the #84 jersey.
    Carr wasn't signed to be the starter.

    And Jenkins was NOT re-signed. He actually took a pay cut to stay on the team.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #36
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by highdesertvike View Post
    yes, because that's what we do, apparently. Base the season on the bad things, and disregard the good things because, well, it's just preseason...right?

    +1

    =z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #37
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by highdesertvike View Post
    Yes, because that's what we do, apparently. Base the season on the bad things, and disregard the good things because, well, it's just preseason...right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    +1

    =z=
    Yes, because that's what we do, apparently. Base the season on the good things, and disregard the bad things because, well, it's just preseason...right?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #38
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Carr wasn't signed to be the starter.

    And Jenkins was NOT re-signed. He actually took a pay cut to stay on the team.

    =Z=
    Again, Chris Carr isn't as advertised.

    Call it what you want regarding Jenkins. His contract was redone so he could remain on the team. Resigning a new contract is a resigning. If not for him taking a paycut, he would have been cut from the team, which speaks volumes on his lack of talent.

    Keeping a bad player on your team simply because he'll work for peanuts is a poor move by Spielman. We need receivers in here that can get open AND catch the ball.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #39
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Any guy with a leg can do that. Nothing special. The missed FGs are a MAJOR concern! Not to mention it is indoors.
    Any guy with a leg can NOT do that. Longwell certainly couldn't. The first missed FG was a horrible snap, although his miss on Friday was his fault.

    Regardless of a missed FG, we are still in better shape than we were last year.
    Yes Longwell could. Once they moved it up 5 yards he was kicking into the end zone. Any young leg should be able to do that consistently. He is nothing special if he can't get us points. Judging by the first semi real game, our kicker is going to be key. Make excuses all you want about bad snaps blah blah blah.....good kickers like Longwell made kicks on bad snaps!

  10. #40
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Yes Longwell could. Once they moved it up 5 yards he was kicking into the end zone. Any young leg should be able to do that consistently. He is nothing special if he can't get us points. Judging by the first semi real game, our kicker is going to be key. Make excuses all you want about bad snaps blah blah blah.....good kickers like Longwell made kicks on bad snaps!
    No, Longwell could not.

    He had 77 kickoffs last year. 19 of them were touchbacks. His average kick went 64.8 yards through the air, which meant that his AVERAGE kickoff landed just shot of the endzone.

    Walsh has had 15 kickoffs so far this preseason. 7 have been touchbacks. He averages 68 yards through the air, so his average kickoff lands 3 yards into the endzone.

    Big difference.

    Longwell was 22 for 28 last year on FGs. I strongly suspect that Walsh will be just as good, if not better.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •