Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    The more I watch these pre season games, the more I realize that were really REACHED on Ponder @ #12. We have 3rd and 5th rounders out playing him by a wide margin. He is being out played by this year's rookies as well. I know he get's the Homer vote because he is our QB but....Would you rate him higher than Wilson or Folkes at this point. That INT was brutal. Several of the sacks he took last night, he failed to locate his check down back who was wide open.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 08-25-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    There is some yutz who rips on Fred Evans. He was so good last night that they started to double team him. Like I have been saying for years, he is a great backup and there is no concern at DT. Great pressure last night.
    Evans = Good Backup
    Evans = Bad Starter

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Asiata & Cole continue to show play better than expected.
    I'll definetly back your statement on these two. I was espeicaly impressed with Asiata! Who was that RB who fumbled last night? I'm sure it was the first half. All I want to say is unimpressed and for me, you can fire him now and hire Asiata......Cole could be our Chadway of the future.... Fingers Crossed. I believe both make the team..
    Lex Hilliard

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    There is some yutz who rips on Fred Evans. He was so good last night that they started to double team him. Like I have been saying for years, he is a great backup and there is no concern at DT. Great pressure last night.
    Chargers were missing 3 starters on their Oline, they started their 3rd string center, and Charlie Whitehurst. That isn't going to be something the Vikings are going to see during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Chargers were missing 3 starters on their Oline, they started their 3rd string center, and Charlie Whitehurst. That isn't going to be something the Vikings are going to see during the regular season.
    To say that the success does not matter is silly. Evans is a backup playing against backups and he played well.
    Last edited by marstc09; 08-25-2012 at 02:40 PM.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Any guy with a leg can do that. Nothing special. The missed FGs are a MAJOR concern! Not to mention it is indoors.
    Marstc, PM sent your way...Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    The more I watch these pre season games, the more I realize that were really REACHED on Ponder @ #12. We have 3rd and 5th rounders out playing him by a wide margin. He is being out played by this year's rookies as well. I know he get's the Homer vote because he is our QB but....Would you rate him higher than Wilson or Folkes at this point. That INT was brutal. Several of the sacks he took last night, he failed to locate his check down back who was wide open.
    I wanted to draft Wilson.

I think it is unfair to judge Ponder until he plays with Peterson and Simpson together.

I think it is unfair to judge Ponder until he plays with Peterson and Simpson together.
    Having Peterson won't keep him from missing reads and throwing horrible INTs.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    I said earlier in the year that this team will go as far as the coaches take them. Will the staff be able to recognize and build upon the best that players have to offer? How quickly they can do this will determine whether the Vikings will have to overhaul year after year or not.
    So dont put wrapping and a bow on how this is the Vikings will be. Yet.
    I am sitting here right now watching the Saints/Texans game. 2 Favorites to go all the way. Turnovers everywhere. Touchdowns in a fury. This game of football is the best live reality show/ drama on the TV. You never know which way the football will bounce. I am crossing my fingers that there will be many favorable bounces for the Vikings this year.
    Last edited by TheAnimal93; 08-25-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post

Having Peterson won't keep him from missing reads and throwing horrible INTs.
    So one INT is the preseason is judging a QB now? That is laughable.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast