Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    This team is a couple of Ponder turnovers and a few key Blair missed field goals and that 5 win season turns to 3 wins, roll into that Simpson missing the early games and Peterson recovery that 5 wins looks even harder and even going 1-5 in their own division could be tough. The team could grow to be more of a contender next year but I'm thinking there will be some heads rolling and that could upset any continuity the team develops this year. If Frazier is one of the heads I hope there is a serious upgrade in his replacement but worry it will be a Spielman appointment leading to another few years of sub 500 season before there is a serious rebuild.

Hoping I'm wrong
    The team is also a couple of Harvin non-drops and a couple of good holds on FGs (Bills game, not yesterday) from those 5 wins becoming 7 wins. It works both ways. I am not worried yet, and I still think that we are going to be in that 6 win range, give or take a game.

On a bright side, Webb looked great. I don't think he could have played any better. So did Sage. Makes me feel a little better about the backup QB situation.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    The team is also a couple of Harvin non-drops and a couple of good holds on FGs (Bills game, not yesterday) from those 5 wins becoming 7 wins. It works both ways. I am not worried yet, and I still think that we are going to be in that 6 win range, give or take a game.

On a bright side, Webb looked great. I don't think he could have played any better. So did Sage. Makes me feel a little better about the backup QB situation.
    I'd say that would be true more so of a team that was 1-2 players away from being a playoff contender, the Vikings are young with several thin areas this isn't just about a QB. To me this is looking like a offense that scores field goals but a defense that gives up TD's not totally base on lastnight just in general.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    It was nice to see some deep balls. Ponder's throws down field were right on the money. The two to Percy were things of beauty. Jenkins had a drop on the first drive that really hurt us. Even though it wasn't a good game and than pick was awful, Ponder looked pretty accurate despite his poor completion percentage.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    1. Chris Carr isn't as advertised. Another Spielman decision gone bad.
    2. Resigning Jenkins, another mistake. What a disgrace to the #84 jersey.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I am LOVING Walsh's leg on Kickoffs. Every one is in the endzone. That first FG miss was his fault though, he pulled it left.
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Definitely think this kid was a solid move.

He has a big leg ... and his accuracy has been fairly good so far. I think we are going to be happy with him.
    As long as he is kicking on kickoffs & FG's of 40 yards or less.

On FG's of greater than 40 yards, he's only 2 of 4 & that isn't impressive. We'll have to see what he can do in the regular season on long range FG's & how he kicks in the clutch with game winning kicks on the line with seconds to go.

With our offense, I think we're going to need it.
    Last edited by singersp; 08-25-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Asiata & Cole continue to show play better than expected.

NordicNed is online now Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    As long as he is kicking on kickoffs & FG's of 40 yards or less.

On FG's of greater than 40 yards, he's only 2 of 4 & that isn't impressive. We'll have to see what he can do on long range FG's & how he kicks in the clutch with game winning kicks on the line with seconds to go.

With our offense, I think we're going to need it.
    I don't always have all the answers, but I believe he's probably dealing with a good case of the butterflies this pre-season. Fact, he does have one hell of a kickoff, something we gain from right off the get go...
    As for field goals, I also beleive as he calms down ( remember he's a rookie also, just like all other positions, kicker rookies can start a bit slow also in the season. Just watch for when he starts to fit in and calm down, those 40's you mention are going to turn out to be routine 50's to 60's, just watch and see. Therefore, with those positive feelings of calmness and confidence, those game winning presure kicks will also come to him.... I'de like to point out the fact that in camp, which I'm sure was a lot less of a presure cooker atmosphere for him, he was kicking those kick as kickoffs and he was constanly kicking those 50 plus yarders with ease. I'm sure where going to see the same production from him on gamedays. I trust in this kid so much, I've been taking him in many of my FF Team Drafts, I'm sure he will more than hold his own in points gained for my team, via that wonderfull leg of his.......Gotta keep the faith my purple pal....

Note: I don't have the numbers in front of me now, or the story, but not very long ago I did a search on Longwell. Trust me when I say this, it looked to me like his rookie season was nothing to write home about, and his case of butterflies was more like a case of Killer Moths.......
    Last edited by NordicNed; 08-25-2012 at 11:43 AM.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NordicNed is online now Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Asiata & Cole continue to show play better than expected.
    I'll definetly back your statement on these two. I was espeicaly impressed with Asiata! Who was that RB who fumbled last night? I'm sure it was the first half. All I want to say is unimpressed and for me, you can fire him now and hire Asiata......Cole could be our Chadway of the future.... Fingers Crossed. I believe both make the team..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    I am LOVING Walsh's leg on Kickoffs. Every one is in the endzone. That first FG miss was his fault though, he pulled it left.
    Any guy with a leg can do that. Nothing special. The missed FGs are a MAJOR concern! Not to mention it is indoors.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Chargers v Vikings Preseason Game Thread

There is some yutz who rips on Fred Evans. He was so good last night that they started to double team him. Like I have been saying for years, he is a great backup and there is no concern at DT. Great pressure last night.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast