Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Charger game player updates

The 32nd Ranked Pass Defense needs alot, and Winfield may not be it.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings: Winfield decision to come Sunday[/size]

By Judd Zulgad and Kevin Seifert
    Star Tribune staff writers

Last update: November 02, 2007 – 9:48 PM

Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield sat out a second consecutive day of practice Friday because of a strained hamstring and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game vs. San Diego...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings report: Status of Bobby Wade, Antoine Winfield questionable[/size]

CB, receiver will be game-time decisions

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/03/2007 12:09:31 AM CDT

As if the Vikings don't have enough problems, they could be without their leading receiver and top defensive back for Sunday's game against the San Diego Chargers.....

[size=13pt]Friday injury report[/size]

November 2nd, 2007 – 3:56 PM
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Here it is for both the Vikings and the Chargers.........

[size=13pt]Winfield, Wade, Williamson all questionable[/size]

November 2nd, 2007 – 2:17 PM
    by Kevin Seifert
    startribune.com

The Vikings could be without three starters in Sunday’s game against San Diego. CB Antoine Winfield (hamstring), WR Bobby Wade (knee) and WR Troy Williamson (funeral) will all be listed as questionable on today’s injury report, coach Brad Childress said.....

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

"tb04512" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    I'm a little concerned about this broken finger issue with T.Jack. I seem to remember a thumb injury on a guy named Farve with Doctors and Coaches saying he's fine to come back and play. Then when he did he was having a lot of issues with throws....handoffs....etc.

I know the Charges are going to be a tuff matchup and very physical. It would be a real shame to have T.Jack re-injure the finger or have worse damaged caused by coming back to soon, and how's his play going to be?? To me that's the top question. It wasn't that great healthy....now with a finger that will not be 100 percent who knows??

Brooks Bollinger played well enough to start this week. I would have kept T.Jack in reserve and started Bollinger.

JMO.

Cheers!
    you pretty much said it all.

bet we see bb before the end of the game? i think its gonna happen.
    yeah its gonna be a tough challenge for tjack, but a think inurying a thumb is way worse than a index finger
    so i think he will be fine and plus he is 1-0 at home ;D

Nope....Sorry to disagree with you here but the two most important fingers are the Thumb and the Index Finger on your throwing hand.....Possibly the middle finger if you get re-injured by starting to soon and desire to flip off the Coaches and Doctors that allowed it!

When you grip a Football both of these fingers do most of the grip and the Index finger helps guide the throw on release. If he can't feel it from cortizone or if it's in pain it will most likely have an effect on accuracy and delivery of the throw.

Did he practice well this week?? Did he take snaps? which could also be an issue here. I will assume he did and was evaluated day to day. Game situation may present some difficulties not seen in Practice??

I guess we will see??? I hope T.Jack has a great game and proves me wrong!

Cheers!
    on the radio childress has said he has shown great improvement and is taking the majority of the snaps... GOOOO TJACK
    I wonder if this will actually help T-Jack? He is known for throwing "rockets" on those short slant routes, and often times the receivers haven't been ready for the ball. When Holcomb was in there, there were far less drops. Perhaps this injury will take a little bit of fire off of his ball and give the receivers a little more chance at making a play (but they have to make it!!). I guess we will see tomorrow...
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    [quote author=Frostbite link=topic=39303.msg665854#msg665854 date=1193891900]
    I'm a little concerned about this broken finger issue with T.Jack. I seem to remember a thumb injury on a guy named Farve with Doctors and Coaches saying he's fine to come back and play. Then when he did he was having a lot of issues with throws....handoffs....etc.

I know the Charges are going to be a tuff matchup and very physical. It would be a real shame to have T.Jack re-injure the finger or have worse damaged caused by coming back to soon, and how's his play going to be?? To me that's the top question. It wasn't that great healthy....now with a finger that will not be 100 percent who knows??

Brooks Bollinger played well enough to start this week. I would have kept T.Jack in reserve and started Bollinger.

JMO.

Cheers!

yeah its gonna be a tough challenge for tjack, but a think inurying a thumb is way worse than a index finger

Nope....Sorry to disagree with you here but the two most important fingers are the Thumb and the Index Finger on your throwing hand.....Possibly the middle finger if you get re-injured by starting to soon and desire to flip off the Coaches and Doctors that allowed it!

When you grip a Football both of these fingers do most of the grip and the Index finger helps guide the throw on release. If he can't feel it from cortizone or if it's in pain it will most likely have an effect on accuracy and delivery of the throw.

Did he practice well this week?? Did he take snaps? which could also be an issue here. I will assume he did and was evaluated day to day. Game situation may present some difficulties not seen in Practice??

Cheers!
    on the radio childress has said he has shown great improvement and is taking the majority of the snaps... GOOOO TJACK
    I wonder if this will actually help T-Jack? He is known for throwing "rockets" on those short slant routes, and often times the receivers haven't been ready for the ball. When Holcomb was in there, there were far less drops. Perhaps this injury will take a little bit of fire off of his ball and give the receivers a little more chance at making a play (but they have to make it!!). I guess we will see tomorrow...
    [/quote]

The receivers need to understand who is at QB & be able to catch those "rockets" when T-Jack is in there.

Favre had a lot of success thrown rockets for years & his receivers learned to catch them.

But I imagine it might be a little harder for the Vikings receivers, since there has been no solid consistancy at whose been starting at QB this year.

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    [quote author=tgorsegner link=topic=39303.msg665859#msg665859 date=1193892481]
    [quote author=Frostbite link=topic=39303.msg665854#msg665854 date=1193891900]

JMO.

Cheers!

Cheers!
    [/quote]

The receivers need to understand who is at QB & be able to catch those "rockets" when T-Jack is in there.

Favre had a lot of success thrown rockets for years & his receivers learned to catch them.

But I imagine it might be a little harder for the Vikings receivers, since there has been no solid consistancy at whose been starting at QB this year.
    [/quote]

I completely agree that the wide receivers need to make those plays regardless, but since they have failed in that aspect...I guess i should have said maybe this injury will help our receivers, not T-Jack as much.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Winfield out, McCauley gets first career start

Winfield inactive
    Vikings CB Antoine Winfield is inactive today, and he will be replaced in the lineup by rookie Marcus McCauley.

http://vikingsnow.blogspot.com/

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Winfield out, McCauley gets first career start

I feel like Winfield is one player the Vikings absolutely cannot afford to go without during a game.

Crap.
    :-
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast