Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Charger game player updates

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    I'm a little concerned about this broken finger issue with T.Jack. I seem to remember a thumb injury on a guy named Farve with Doctors and Coaches saying he's fine to come back and play. Then when he did he was having a lot of issues with throws....handoffs....etc.

I know the Charges are going to be a tuff matchup and very physical. It would be a real shame to have T.Jack re-injure the finger or have worse damaged caused by coming back to soon, and how's his play going to be?? To me that's the top question. It wasn't that great healthy....now with a finger that will not be 100 percent who knows??

Brooks Bollinger played well enough to start this week. I would have kept T.Jack in reserve and started Bollinger.

JMO.

Cheers!
    you pretty much said it all.

bet we see bb before the end of the game? i think its gonna happen.
    yeah its gonna be a tough challenge for tjack, but a think inurying a thumb is way worse than a index finger
    so i think he will be fine and plus he is 1-0 at home ;D

Frostbite is offline Coach

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    I'm a little concerned about this broken finger issue with T.Jack. I seem to remember a thumb injury on a guy named Farve with Doctors and Coaches saying he's fine to come back and play. Then when he did he was having a lot of issues with throws....handoffs....etc.

I know the Charges are going to be a tuff matchup and very physical. It would be a real shame to have T.Jack re-injure the finger or have worse damaged caused by coming back to soon, and how's his play going to be?? To me that's the top question. It wasn't that great healthy....now with a finger that will not be 100 percent who knows??

Brooks Bollinger played well enough to start this week. I would have kept T.Jack in reserve and started Bollinger.

JMO.

Cheers!

Thanks tgorsegner.....Maybe T.Jack will prove us both wrong??? I just have a bad feeling about this whole scenario.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

JMO.

Cheers!

yeah its gonna be a tough challenge for tjack, but a think inurying a thumb is way worse than a index finger

Nope....Sorry to disagree with you here but the two most important fingers are the Thumb and the Index Finger on your throwing hand.....Possibly the middle finger if you get re-injured by starting to soon and desire to flip off the Coaches and Doctors that allowed it!

When you grip a Football both of these fingers do most of the grip and the Index finger helps guide the throw on release. If he can't feel it from cortizone or if it's in pain it will most likely have an effect on accuracy and delivery of the throw.

Did he practice well this week?? Did he take snaps? which could also be an issue here. I will assume he did and was evaluated day to day. Game situation may present some difficulties not seen in Practice??

I guess we will see??? I hope T.Jack has a great game and proves me wrong!

Cheers!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"baumy300" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    So what you're saying is that we might actually see someone in purple return a punt?

I sure hope we see Mwelde back there this week!
    No kidding! I've been asking everyone why he hasn't been back there already. I still can't figure it out.
    I thought it was your post that I gave a explanation to with regard to Memo not on the active roster which equates to no returns.

My assesment was/is that with both CT and AD on the roster and the need to iron out WR and DL issues the staff was using the extra spot normally held for a RB for those positions.

Additionaly, I think a couple of times he could have been activate, he wasn't cause the staff didn't want to risk a injury while they were actively shopping him.

Anyway, I thought we would see him last week but alas.
    B-wade was still there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

JMO.

Cheers!

Nope....Sorry to disagree with you here but the two most important fingers are the Thumb and the Index Finger on your throwing hand.....Possibly the middle finger if you get re-injured by starting to soon and desire to flip off the Coaches and Doctors that allowed it!

When you grip a Football both of these fingers do most of the grip and the Index finger helps guide the throw on release. If he can't feel it from cortizone or if it's in pain it will most likely have an effect on accuracy and delivery of the throw.

Did he practice well this week?? Did he take snaps? which could also be an issue here. I will assume he did and was evaluated day to day. Game situation may present some difficulties not seen in Practice??

Cheers!
    on the radio childress has said he has shown great improvement and is taking the majority of the snaps... GOOOO TJACK

Thanks josdin00

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

JMO.

Cheers!

Cheers!
    The mechanics you talked about were correct, but I hope you're wrong about the index finger being as important as the thumb.
    If they're the two most important fingers, the thumb can still be more important, right?

I just remember Rich Gannon's career getting derailed for years because of a thumb injury.
    He had been playing very well, got hurt, and couldn't get back to his previous level of play.
    I'm not talking about missng games, I'm talking about how well he could throw the ball when he got back.
    That sent him packing to KC, and eventually to Oakland.
    Meanwhile, the immortal (in the evil undead sense, not the talented sense) Sean Salisbury got the go ahead here.

I don't think Tarvaris can handle any sort of lingering injury right now.
    If he loses whatever control he had on his throws both him and this team will be in a lot of trouble.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

I Totally Agree Overlord....and you are correct to also point out that the thumb is more important in the overall mechanics than the Index finger. I had to go back and re-read some of this before I could see what you ment fully.

Cheers!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

The thumb is most important when gripping and throwing the football because its the only digit on that side of the ball.
    However, when a football is properly thrown (kinda like a screwball in baseball) your index finger should be the last digit touching the ball.
    Not being able to use his normal grip will certainly affect his accuracy.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Winfield doubtful for Chargers with sore hamstring[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/02/2007 12:45:52 AM CDT

As he talked Thursday about the disappointing play of his secondary, Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier mentioned how much worse off it would have been without a key player........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"singersp" wrote:
    This is not good. We need Winfield in there if we want any chance of winning.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast