Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Charger game player updates

According to the Mpls Star Tibune Jackson will start at QB and Wade will not play.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1521268.html
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Charger game player updates

So what you're saying is that we might actually see someone in purple return a punt?

"baumy300" wrote:
    So what you're saying is that we might actually see someone in purple return a punt?

I sure hope we see Mewelde back there this week!

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

I sure hope we see Mwelde back there this week!
    No kidding! I've been asking everyone why he hasn't been back there already. I still can't figure it out.

"baumy300" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

I sure hope we see Mwelde back there this week!
    No kidding! I've been asking everyone why he hasn't been back there already. I still can't figure it out.
    The sad thing is we will probably let him leave as a FA and get nothing for him this offseason.

BabaGanJa is offline Training Camp

I gotta think with Holcomb's neck injury and Jackson's finger, compounded with the number of sacks we are giving up, we should seriously be thinking about getting a quarterback and fast!
    Does Pennington make sense to any of you?
    Or do you have any better immediate fixes while Jackson (maybe ) continues to grow?
    Obviously, if the desperation continues into the offseason there are more choices in the hat....

"BabaGanJa" wrote:
    I gotta think with Holcomb's neck injury and Jackson's finger, compounded with the number of sacks we are giving up, we should seriously be thinking about getting a quarterback and fast!
    Does Pennington make sense to any of you?
    Or do you have any better immediate fixes while Jackson (maybe ) continues to grow?
    Obviously, if the desperation continues into the offseason there are more choices in the hat....
    Pennington has a weaker arm than Johnson last year so I would want nothing to do with him. Really there is not much for QB options out there right now unless you want an Aaron Brooks type.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

We could only get Pennington if they waived him since the trade deadline is over.
    Personally I like the idea of getting Pennington in the offseason.
    I think he may sign for less money coming to a team where he knows he has a good shot of competing for the starting job.
    I think the WCO is made for QB's like Pennington who are smart and can read defenses, leading to quick decisions.
    His arm is not as bad a people have said either.
    If we do not draft a QB high, this would be my second choice for offseason QB acquisition.
    Even though I like what Anderson from the Browns is doing, I don't think he'd pick up the KAO as fast as Pennington.
    I'm not putting the fork in TJ yet either, I'm just saying this is a better insurance policy than Holcomb, BB, or random rookie QB.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Frostbite is offline Coach

I'm a little concerned about this broken finger issue with T.Jack. I seem to remember a thumb injury on a guy named Farve with Doctors and Coaches saying he's fine to come back and play. Then when he did he was having a lot of issues with throws....handoffs....etc.

I know the Charges are going to be a tuff matchup and very physical. It would be a real shame to have T.Jack re-injure the finger or have worse damaged caused by coming back to soon, and how's his play going to be?? To me that's the top question. It wasn't that great healthy....now with a finger that will not be 100 percent who knows??

Brooks Bollinger played well enough to start this week. I would have kept T.Jack in reserve and started Bollinger.

JMO.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I'm a little concerned about this broken finger issue with T.Jack. I seem to remember a thumb injury on a guy named Farve with Doctors and Coaches saying he's fine to come back and play. Then when he did he was having a lot of issues with throws....handoffs....etc.

I know the Charges are going to be a tuff matchup and very physical. It would be a real shame to have T.Jack re-injure the finger or have worse damaged caused by coming back to soon, and how's his play going to be?? To me that's the top question. It wasn't that great healthy....now with a finger that will not be 100 percent who knows??

Brooks Bollinger played well enough to start this week. I would have kept T.Jack in reserve and started Bollinger.

JMO.

Cheers!
    you pretty much said it all.

bet we see bb before the end of the game? i think its gonna happen.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast