Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Channel 5 5UCK5

rjmac is offline Training Camp

Channel 5 5UCK5

No disrespect intended to those outside of the Twins Cities, who could not watch the game, but the local coverage of lastnights game was AWFUL. First off, what is with the big fat scoreboard that took up a quarter of the screen. The technical crew finally figured out that our beloved mascott head was in the way of seeing most of the plays, but instead of moving the board during game play, they decided to go to the Hubble for the feed. It looked like they had about two cameras on the whole field and I have seen better play coverage (the ability for the camera person not to be faked out by the play action and draws 17 times per quarter) from EP's A/V squad covering Grant's boys across town.
    Anyway, I know it's preseason but I think our team deserves more respect than yellow tinted camera coverage. Sorry ABC, Matvick couldn't fix this one.
    Oh, are we running a West Coast offense and a Tampa 2 Defense this year? Cuz they never brought it up at all

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Channel 5 5UCK5

The picture quality was terrible too. I watched it in our theater room on the projector and the images and text were fuzzy and out of focus and the color was washed out. Between plays i would switch to the game on the NFL Network and their images were excellent. I hope the whole season doesn't nd up like this.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Funny.
    I do recall a time or two where the camera was just focussed on a blank spot on the field and kind of shaking strangely.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Rastak is offline Rookie

No high def irked the heck out of me,,,,,,,,, :

I couldn't stand that bug in the corner! I was too far from the edges and you could barely see the top receivers half the time. The zooming was horrible as well. Whenever a running back would get tackled, I think I could count how many threads comprised his jersey. Most of the time they couldn't even follow the ball in the air. I really hope those cameramen don't do next weeks game.

Purple_Hope is offline Rookie

But at least you guys were able to watch the game. I know that it's still preseason, but what the hell is Little League Baseball doing on ESPN (which, by the way, showed mainly Steelers highlights following the game)? Who, other than family members of the kids, actually follows that stuff? I went to my favorite sportsbar with a couple of friends last night hoping to catch the game, but no such luck. Instead we were forced to watch the Cardinals and Pats on the NFL network. Lame. Something needs to be done. I know it's all politics and money, but man, you would think there'd be more options this day and age.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

I noticed that it was pretty bad too.
    We couldn't even see a play because the camera wasn't even on it, who knows where it was.
    And it was blurry and shaky too.
    I know I shouldn't complain cause there are a lot of you who don't get to watch it at all, but I don't think I've ever seen such bad coverage.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I got the local coverage from the Steelers end, and it was OK, but I could not STAND the announcers!! I'm pretty sure they would all perform various sexual favors for Roethlisberger if given the opportunity.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i like being from canada. we have good tv. sometimes
    We're bringing purple back.

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I got the local coverage from the Steelers end, and it was OK, but I could not STAND the announcers!! I'm pretty sure they would all perform various sexual favors for Roethlisberger if given the opportunity.

Lol!!! I was thinking the same thing when I watched the rebroadcast on NFL network this afternoon. I've never heard a more biased broadcast crew ever in my life (I know, I know...they were a local Pittsburgh affiliate, but come on...). My god, it was ridiculous. In the second half when they finally switched to the Minneapolis crew I was very relieved. But, to be honest, all in all, the Minneapolis affiliate did a pretty good job of announcing the game (video blunders aside). It was slightly biased (being aimed at the local fanbase), but not anything close to that debacle on the local Pittsburgh station. Gimmie a break.

Even babies know the difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast