Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

Re: Changes Next year?

kk...for all the peeps that want tice to stay and said he turned the season around...think about this...didnt he say that Pep was his guy and prior to the knee injury, tice looked like he was gonna ride pep for the whole year...i dont even remember any talk of puttin brad in when pep was playing sub-parr...i know the line was a bit stinky too at the time but it seemed like Brad added some kind of spark for the offense...now if tice had his way pep woulda been making bad choices and brad woulda never seen the field and we never woulda had that win streak...call me crazy but tices judgement seemed a bit funky back then...

on a side note...remeber when dungy assembled that TB team then got the axe...what happend when chucky came there...he won the superbowl with that team...sometimes it just seems that the players get burned of the same RAH-RAH speaches then just tune the coach out...i think that is what is goin on here with the vikes...just MHO...

peace...
    peace...

"napo58" wrote:
    I hope we can get linehan back, dump loney he is a joke.
    Exactly, I dont think miami is liking him that well right now either!?!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

We were all calling for linehans head while he was here. Remember when he called the randy moss pass play the other year that lost us the game? No one seemed to like him then.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

First and foremost if daunte culpepper leaves the vikings we are in deep shit, i am sorry to say... brad johnson was great but we couldnt defeat the big teams, Koren started gelling more later on and with DC they wudve been amazing.

even in the panther game we were close, i mean it as 7-0 and culpeper took us down to the 16 and got hurt, we gelled more it wasnt Brad.

Daunte is needed on this team, so no bashing Mr. Daunte, hes someone we have to keep under any circumstance

and if i hear the name Phillip Rivers come out of Paul Allen's mouth next year ill be in shambles....

SharperImage42

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SWAYZE74" wrote:
    kk...for all the peeps that want tice to stay and said he turned the season around...think about this...didnt he say that Pep was his guy and prior to the knee injury, tice looked like he was gonna ride pep for the whole year...i dont even remember any talk of puttin brad in when pep was playing sub-parr...i know the line was a bit stinky too at the time but it seemed like Brad added some kind of spark for the offense...now if tice had his way pep woulda been making bad choices and brad woulda never seen the field and we never woulda had that win streak...call me crazy but tices judgement seemed a bit funky back then...

on a side note...remeber when dungy assembled that TB team then got the axe...what happend when chucky came there...he won the superbowl with that team...sometimes it just seems that the players get burned of the same RAH-RAH speaches then just tune the coach out...i think that is what is goin on here with the vikes...just MHO...

peace...
    That TB defense that won that SB was the result of Dungy building it.

Give credit where credit is due!

Chunky added the offense to go with that defense & win the SB.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:

peace...

if you read it carefully i said dungy built that team..but thanks...and i also said some players get tired of hearing the same stuff over and over, then they just tune out the coach...mmm-kay...

peace...
    peace...

Is a division championship too much to ask for? Or should we "glad to make the playoffs" with an 8-8 or 9-7 wildcard spot and then get quickly eliminated.

The Vikings have a long way to go until they are THE DOMINANT powerhouse of the NFC who are favored to WIN the Super Bowl.

8-8 and 9-7 isn't going to get it done.

Yes, it's time for a change.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SWAYZE74" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:

peace...

if you read it carefully i said dungy built that team..but thanks...and i also said some players get tired of hearing the same stuff over and over, then they just tune out the coach...mmm-kay...

peace...
    The way I interpreted your post is that Dungy built the team & they couldn't win the Superbowl because the players "tuned out" Dungy, because they were tired of listening to the same old speeches.

Then Chunky came in & took them to the top with a new set of speeches.

My point is that had Dungy had that year with the team, he may have taken them to the top as well. But we'll never know.

Either way it's no problem bro.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:

peace...

peace...
    The way I interpreted your post is that Dungy built the team & they couldn't win the Superbowl because the players "tuned out" Dungy, because they were tired of listening to the same old speeches.

Then Chunky came in & took them to the top with a new set of speeches.

My point is that had Dungy had that year with the team, he may have taken them to the top as well. But we'll never know.

Either way it's no problem bro.
    all smiles singer...were just buttin heads...^^,,,

peace...
    peace...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314