Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Re: Changes Next year?

Off the Tice subject a little bit, but would John Kitna be a possibility? Everyone seems to have forgotten about him ever since Palmer took over. Not sure how old he is, but if Culpepper doesn't get back to normal, he may be decent.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

runtheball is offline Training Camp

If 2005 is any indication of what you need to be successful in 06 then the way to success is to establish a power running game. To do that the Vikings will need to shore up their O line and get a power running back through free agency or draft. A Larry Johnson type back that just pounds up the middle and refuses to go down on that first hit. A guy that just punishes defensive backs and runs over linebackers. None of the RB's on our team presently are able to do this. If we could get a power runner then compliment him with Bennet's speed it would cause havoc on opposing defenses and also open up the passing game. Anybody know if their are any free agents Rb's like this available in 06 ? Or any coming out out of draft that we could get ?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think drafting an RB would solve any problems. We need a sure proven RB with proven success and some Pro Bowls under his belt. MeMo can do a better job than any RB we have a shot of getting with our mid-round pick. Unless we trade up into the top ten we should look into the FA market for RB.

Draftwise I think OL should be our biggest concern. Either that or best player available.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:
    Tice...buh-bye...times up...
    MeMo...sign me up for more of that...
    K-Rob...Duh..YES...
    Kluwe...young and a killer foot..sign that man long term...
    Looney...retire please...take up fantasy football...
    Cotrell...not sure...maybe if he can teach the D to act like they might blitz..

my hopes for the draft...

O-line help for birk and the crew...
    LBs that can cover in space...

peace...
    Swayze, what HC that is available are you gonna replace Tice with & what record did he have this year?
    frankly, anyone at this point...its just time to move on...this is not college and you dont get long contracts for so-so seasons in the NFL...and that is what tice has done...now granted, i like tice, but hes not a head coach and dont fool yourself into thinking he is...

peace...
    peace...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    Off the Tice subject a little bit, but would John Kitna be a possibility? Everyone seems to have forgotten about him ever since Palmer took over. Not sure how old he is, but if Culpepper doesn't get back to normal, he may be decent.

Are you forgetting about Brad Johnson?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SWAYZE74" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:
    Tice...buh-bye...times up...
    MeMo...sign me up for more of that...
    K-Rob...Duh..YES...
    Kluwe...young and a killer foot..sign that man long term...
    Looney...retire please...take up fantasy football...
    Cotrell...not sure...maybe if he can teach the D to act like they might blitz..

my hopes for the draft...

O-line help for birk and the crew...
    LBs that can cover in space...

peace...
    Swayze, what HC that is available are you gonna replace Tice with & what record did he have this year?
    frankly, anyone at this point...its just time to move on...this is not college and you dont get long contracts for so-so seasons in the NFL...and that is what tice has done...now granted, i like tice, but hes not a head coach and dont fool yourself into thinking he is...

peace...
    As I've stated before, you need to have a good balanced offense & defense & players to stay healthyto be successfull with good depth at the backup positions.

We've had the offense under Tice in the past, but never the defense.

This is the 1st year we've had a solid defense, but they didn't start geling til later in the season.

The offense was hurting this year primarily due to the poor performance of the front line, the injuries & a solid running game.

Tice has never had a long contract & I don't see Wilf giving him one at years end.

I agree with you that something has to be done about the O Line & the OC, I've been saying that all year.

I'd like to see Smith comes back next year, Fonoti geat his ass in shape & Herrera get healthy. Those are 3 big pluses.

Loney has got to go.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"runtheball" wrote:
    If 2005 is any indication of what you need to be successful in 06 then the way to success is to establish a power running game. To do that the Vikings will need to shore up their O line and get a power running back through free agency or draft. A Larry Johnson type back that just pounds up the middle and refuses to go down on that first hit. A guy that just punishes defensive backs and runs over linebackers. None of the RB's on our team presently are able to do this. If we could get a power runner then compliment him with Bennet's speed it would cause havoc on opposing defenses and also open up the passing game. Anybody know if their are any free agents Rb's like this available in 06 ? Or any coming out out of draft that we could get ?
    Jamal Lewis is a FA at the end of the year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Our defense at the end of the season was ok. I would not consider them soild and consistant. I think we were a little more opportunistic, that was the key.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"runtheball" wrote:

LenDale White would be perfect, but I dk if he is entering this year or not.

He'd be crazy to enter the draft this year, but if he did, it's possible he could drop to us.

What I say we do is, trade Smoot to the Rams for their pick, draft Jimmy Williams, a CB out of Virginia Tech, he is projected to play safety in the NFL, because hes a former safety, and his CB instincts are poor. He's 6'3 220, runs a 4.4, I think he's perfect to replace Chavous.

We also need to improve our interior offensive linemen, and right tackle, our guards have played like shit all year.
    Next season, we get back Fonoti, and Marcus Johnson I guess will switch back to his normal RG spot instead of tackle.
    The Bills are going to release Mike Williams at the end of this season, he was the 4th overall pick in 2002, and I say we give him a shot, I mean we can't get any worse than Rosenthal.

As for RBs Mewelde Moore has looked good at times, Michael Bennett can definitely be used on screens and as a reciever out of the backfield, Moe is for goal line(not Fason), and I think we should give Onterrio Smith another chance.

And all we can really do is hope the injury bug doesn't bite us again, cause that seems to kill us early in the season.

vikoles is offline Coordinator

What about our boy Del Rio??? he seems to be much smarter and refined than our boy Tice???? Even tho he is a LB former yet has to know alot more than a freakin former tightend overall game wise!?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast