shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Changes in Mankato in 2004

What is everyone's opinion on the changes taking place this year at training camp in Mankato? For instance, having to pay for parking now? I hear they supposedly got more to do for the fans, but at a price. I remember reading in the local paper (Minneapolis) about air-conditioned merchandise tents, putting green, more food, etc. etc.. I remember a couple years ago my wife and I went down there, specifically to see the scrimmage against the Chiefs. And you know what? I don't need to ever go again. It's no big deal! It's like watching an exhibition game, but without the hitting. I'll have to admit, though, that it was nice to be OUTDOORS (COME ON MINNESOTA, LET'S GET THE STADIUM DEAL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to watch football. Sure, it was fun to be up close with the players, but I'd much rather see the boys on the field when it counts?

Everyone's thoughts? SKOL PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

jiggyjack is offline Rookie

Changes in Mankato in 2004

I think they needed some changes, dont know about the extra fees but the best part about camp was getting autographs. we always went down for the season tix days on the first weekend. spent a lot of time watching guys stretch on the second and third field, which made it hard to see. i am going to watch the scrimmage on the 7th and i hope it is better than your experience for the cost. hope to get some nice pics. and an autograph or two. i think its a good way to get pumped for the season.