Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Bud Grant still has an office at Winter Park. Maybe we can just resurrect his career like we do with all of the QB's who are over the hill.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Bud Grant still has an office at Winter Park. Maybe we can just resurrect his career like we do with all of the QB's who are over the hill.
    Thats funny, and true!
    Watching TJack tonight, he's looking good!
    None

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by jrjohn View Post
    Thats funny, and true!
    Watching TJack tonight, he's looking good!
    So...he's better than Vince Young but not as good as Rex Grossman, I guess. Here's the thing. Let's say you're the 49ers, and you want to bring in a new QB to replace Alex Smith. Would you trade for Tarvaris to replace him, for any price? If the answer is no (and it is), there really is only one way Marrdro and Caine's bet can go. And it ain't Marrdro's way.

But here I am, going off topic. Frankly, I thought keeping Frazier on full-time was a mistake. I'm good with any change next year as long as it's substantial and not something idiotic like switching to the 3-4.

It is odd what a slow trigger we tend to have for management in Minnesota. Frankly, I think the Twins needed to move on from the Ryan era (and thus move into the 21st century, or at least the 20th), just as badly as the Vikings needed to move on from the Childress era. They didn't, though at least he'll do a better job than Bill Smith did. Can't really say the same for Frazier and Chiller.
    Last edited by BBQ Platypus; 12-02-2011 at 12:43 AM.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Did you guys happen to catch Musgrave's presser yesterday? It gave me chills. He reminded me of somebody. I added the stupid mustache and bald head, and sure enough... it all makes sense now. First the coaching style, now the image. I think I'm going to throw up.

Last edited by MulletMullitia; 12-02-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Did you guys happen to catch Musgrave's presser yesterday? It gave me chills. He reminded me of somebody. I added the stupid mustache and bald head, and sure enough... it all makes sense now. First the coaching style, now the image. I think I'm going to throw up.

Lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post

Throw a picture of CmacD in there and they will look like triplets lol.

swardsooner is offline Rookie
    Hey guys! Mike Sherman's available!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The article suggests a contentious relationship between Frazier and Spielman. I expect one or the other wont be here next year.
    My hope is that someone will be Spielman.
    I also hope they clean house on all the other staff of the Childress regime and take Musgrave with them as well.
    It's rock bottom and time to take a big swing at rebuilding. Rebuilding sucks but it is also an opportunity for ownership to start over and do things right.
    I think that sometimes that we forget that people don't have to always agree within an organization, it matters to what degree the disagreements happen. Yes men are not doing anything except saying yes.

Blog Entries
    The simple point though is that the Vikings lack that one central guy who sets the tone, sets the direction and sets the agenda and that is why we have no cohesion in the organization. The TOA may work if you have the right owner, the right coach and the right personnel guy but we don't and won't.

We need a central figure that has the football knowledge and experience to put together a winning program.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The simple point though is that the Vikings lack that one central guy who sets the tone, sets the direction and sets the agenda and that is why we have no cohesion in the organization. The TOA may work if you have the right owner, the right coach and the right personnel guy but we don't and won't.

We need a central figure that has the football knowledge and experience to put together a winning program.
    Knowledge, experience and authority.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123