Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    They really aren't doing any worse at this point than I predicted before the season. If you take into account the number of injuries we are having on an already compromised and depleted roster and there isn't anything that would support the idea we should be any better.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I'm not going to trust any "changes" this franchise makes until it brings in a real GM. Then I hope that GM cleans house and removes any and all remanence of the Childress regime.

I'm ok with any D coordinator that comes in here and ditches this tampa 2 (or the let em catch it and try to tackle) scheme and bring in some kind of hard hitting, ball hawking scheme. This conservative BS hasn't stopped anyone for over a decade. I'd like to see an aggressive D for a change.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I'm not going to trust any "changes" this franchise makes until it brings in a real GM. Then I hope that GM cleans house and removes any and all remanence of the Childress regime.

I'm ok with any D coordinator that comes in here and ditches this tampa 2 (or the let em catch it and try to tackle) scheme and bring in some kind of hard hitting, ball hawking scheme. This conservative BS hasn't stopped anyone for over a decade. I'd like to see an aggressive D for a change.
    Problem is, will the "Real GM" be free from the Wilf influence? Will Zygi, Mark, and Leonard be removed from the football decision making process?

If the answers are "No", then a "Real GM" won't save us.

The problems start at the top, and until that is realized by the source of those problems, we're fighting an uphill battle.

Frazier, given time and a decent GM, might develop into a solid HC...but under the current system, he's screwed.

Also, whose idea was it to keep ANY of Chiller's staff? That was a real bonehead move.

Caine

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Scouting department should get a major exam, Childress might have reached of Jackson, Cook and Gerhart but Tice got Williamson, James and Blue and this team hasn't had depth on the oline for....what a decade. Studwell has been here the whole time and may either need more resources or to be upgraded.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Bring back Tice!

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Problem is, will the "Real GM" be free from the Wilf influence? Will Zygi, Mark, and Leonard be removed from the football decision making process?
    Good point, but it might be a good sign if they're willing to bring in a GM at all. If they still want to run the show then it wouldn't make any sense to bring in a GM unless they wanted a puppet or scapegoat guy to fire every few years. At some point the Wilfs have to realize they don't know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Bring back Tice!
    Good gawd no, not meat head lol. Maybe as the OL coach, that would be acceptable.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Hiring Del Rio as our DC could be a nice move. But that may be too many cooks in the kitchen with Frazier, Singletary, and Del Rio all on the same defensive staff.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The article suggests a contentious relationship between Frazier and Spielman. I expect one or the other wont be here next year.
    My hope is that someone will be Spielman.
    I also hope they clean house on all the other staff of the Childress regime and take Musgrave with them as well.
    It's rock bottom and time to take a big swing at rebuilding. Rebuilding sucks but it is also an opportunity for

ownership to start over and do things right.
    Thank you , I hope so
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Bring back Tice!
    How about Green......
    None

Nah, don't bring anyone back. They all had their shot and failed. The next staff better have some experience, getting to the super bowl experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast