Thread: Changes on D

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Changes on D

As I figured they would, the coaches have made a few changes to the D for this weeks game. Kenny Irvin will start and Walker will be the Nickel CB, which pretty much everyone expected. It looks like Walker has been learning his tackling technique from Orlando Thomas, called the Matador. Tice said he put Irvin in the starting lineup because he is better at run support, but Walker hasn't done much in the coverage part of his job either this year. Looks to me like we will probably need to use our first round pick on a CB, or pay a lot of money for a top CB in free agency(don't count on this, with cheap*ss Red as the owner!).

I also heard that Nick Rogers and Crockett were battling for the starting spot at LB this week in practice. Haven't heard yet who won, but I hope it was Rogers. He has a lot more speed and big play potential. He might make a few more mistakes, since he isn't a vet like Henri, but he has a lot of upside. It also sounds like EJ will be on the field a lot more, for Biekert. I took a lot of crap from some of you guys for saying that Biekert is playing too much and that EJ should be playing more, but the coaches seem to believe the same thing as me. This will help Biekert and keep him fresh when he is out there. He shouldn't be so worn down and tired in the 4th quarter, and we will get a more athletic guy out there to in EJ, hopefully, making some big plays. Fred Robbins hasn't done much this year, and the coaches expected a lot from him. I don't expect him to be a starter much longer, definately not next season. Wonder if we will put Kevin Williams at DT for good next season, and go after a couple of DE's in free agency and the draft, or keep him at DE and get a DE and DT?

It will be interesting to see how the D responds on Sunday. I expect them to play better, but I expected them to play better last week, after their horrible showing against the Giants, and they didn't. We are playing the Chargers, so if they do look good, we really can't take too much out of it. I will just be watching to see if our LB's can get outside a lot faster on runs, and if our CB's are playing tighter coverage, like they were in the first 4 or 5 weeks.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Changes on D

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Changes on D

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Changes on D

Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Changes on D

Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

nzviking is offline Coordinator

Changes on D

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Changes on D

Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Changes on D

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.