Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changed Mind

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Changed Mind

Here are a couple paragraphs for ya skol.

ABC broadcaster Al Michaels was among the observers who openly questioned Tice's decision to go for a field goal after Moe Williams was tackled at the Colts' 5-yard line with eight seconds remaining in the quarter. Tice let the clock run down to two seconds before calling his final timeout, eschewing the apparent opportunity to take at least one shot at a touchdown before kicking.

Tice defended the decision Tuesday, citing an obscure NFL rule that could have eliminated the Vikings' scoring threat entirely. If a team with no timeouts commits a pre-snap penalty with less than a minute remaining in either half, it is subject to a 10-second rundown on the clock. Because the Vikings would have had no more than eight seconds left, a simple false start or intentional grounding penalty would have ended the half.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Changed Mind

Anytime Freya! Welcome aboard by the way!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Changed Mind

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    The reason he didn't call the timeout with 8 seconds left is explained here:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5077816.html

It's about the 7th or 8th paragraph down. Read it and you'll understand why he did what he did!
    Tice defended the decision Tuesday, citing an obscure NFL rule that could have eliminated the Vikings' scoring threat entirely. If a team with no timeouts commits a pre-snap penalty with less than a minute remaining in either half, it is subject to a 10-second rundown on the clock. Because the Vikings would have had no more than eight seconds left, a simple false start or intentional grounding penalty would have ended the half.

Changed Mind

I totally agree with Vikeman on this. Honestly, do you think that the Patriots, Eagles, Steelers, or any of the other elite teams have more talent than us? QB - maybe according to some people but we have a top 5 QB if not better
    RB - we have 4 Running backs that could start on almost any team
    WR - We have the best receiver in the NFL, a good 2nd WR in Robinson, and some young threats as well
    TE - Sass is a beast, but without him we have Wiggins who has been a very good receiver for us.
    O line - Even though they arent as good as they seemed to be last year, they are still a good unit

Defense
    Line - 10.5 sacks for Williams in rookie year, Udeze is a stud, Martin, Hovan, Johnstone and company can get the job done.
    Linebackers - our only weakness, but we still have a good vet in Claiborne, EJ is getting good, DT is going to be good, Newman is decent...we have an OK LB corp
    Corners...elite corner in Winfield and good one in Williams...
    Safeties- lead the league in picks last year and hard hitting...Chavous is a walking dictionary.

Kicker - need one, but we can manage

Sorry to run through things you guys already knew, but if you look through our players...we are a very good football team. It doesnt take an allstar team to go to the playoffs and even the superbowl. It all comes down to our crappy coaching...someone needs to go or we will never get to the SB.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Changed Mind

Actually...I change my mind on Linehan....i liked how he called the game (ball control...that's what we needed to have a shot at a win), it was that first quarter that blew it.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

uncle tony is offline Rookie

Changed Mind

Who thinks that we can pull Bud Grant out of the fishing boat and back on the sidelines? This guy needs to sport a super bowl ring! I was at the game Monday and I just dont get it. I told all those colts fan to watch out for Campbell and they rarley threw his way.He did have a nice dive during the punt return though. Good to see all the purple and gold at the dome. Keep the faith.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Changed Mind

Just a reminder, we are 5-3 and on top of the NFC north...and you guys are looking for how much more than that with the condition our team is in? Secondly, I thought the rule was that a player on the field needs to call the time out? or did that change so the coaches can too?
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Changed Mind

"uncle tony" wrote:
    Who thinks that we can pull Bud Grant out of the fishing boat and back on the sidelines? This guy needs to sport a super bowl ring! I was at the game Monday and I just dont get it. I told all those colts fan to watch out for Campbell and they rarley threw his way.He did have a nice dive during the punt return though. Good to see all the purple and gold at the dome. Keep the faith.
    Dude, I loved Bud when he was the coach too, but he would be more lost than some people think Gibbs is this year...I would love for Bud to have a ring but his time is past...we just need to cherish the memories of his great teams and look to the future. Tice can be that future, he just needs to finish the season on a strong note and bring the team at full speed into the playoffs and we will do OK. Personally, I don't expect a Super Bowl trophy this year (but I will take if if we can somehow pull it off) because I think that we are a year away...next year, is a different story because I think that we will be the team to beat. We will have all our major players back (with a year's more experience) plus you know we will get a few good draft choices to add depth (based on our recent draft history). All this adds up to a major shot at the SB title, IMHO.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Changed Mind

Coaches can call a timeout on the sideline now, stupid rule in my opinion, but what do I know. I think if/when the vikes ever win a superbowl, Bud Grant will be given a ring (if he's still alive)!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Changed Mind

"ADubya26" wrote:
    I totally agree with Vikeman on this. Honestly, do you think that the Patriots, Eagles, Steelers, or any of the other elite teams have more talent than us? QB - maybe according to some people but we have a top 5 QB if not better
    RB - we have 4 Running backs that could start on almost any team
    WR - We have the best receiver in the NFL, a good 2nd WR in Robinson, and some young threats as well
    TE - Sass is a beast, but without him we have Wiggins who has been a very good receiver for us.
    O line - Even though they arent as good as they seemed to be last year, they are still a good unit

Defense
    Line - 10.5 sacks for Williams in rookie year, Udeze is a stud, Martin, Hovan, Johnstone and company can get the job done.
    Linebackers - our only weakness, but we still have a good vet in Claiborne, EJ is getting good, DT is going to be good, Newman is decent...we have an OK LB corp
    Corners...elite corner in Winfield and good one in Williams...
    Safeties- lead the league in picks last year and hard hitting...Chavous is a walking dictionary.

Kicker - need one, but we can manage

Sorry to run through things you guys already knew, but if you look through our players...we are a very good football team. It doesnt take an allstar team to go to the playoffs and even the superbowl. It all comes down to our crappy coaching...someone needs to go or we will never get to the SB.
    I agree with you. but the big question is the coach. Do we let him finish what he has started. He has put the defense talent on the field, they are still growing. I have been leaning closer to the side of dismissing Tice but does he deserve to finish what he started. Most of the offense was there when he took over but we know that O doesn't win championships, it is the D. He has started putting the puzzle together. You yourself just got done praising the D, saying let's wait and see if the return of Smith and Claiborne will help.

Red is leaning towards letting him finish what he started. If this team drops games down the stretch, Red might change his mind. But I can't handle another melt down and I am definitely not going to route for a melt down. I want our team to be competative. I want us to make the playoffs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast