AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Change in WR depth order

Little one-liner at the bottom of the article regarding Keenan Howry - seems he is now #4 on the depth chart with Campbell dropping to #5. Anyone any insight as to how thats happened??
    Campbell played well last year and I'm not aware of their being any radical problems in mini-camps this year that would warrant this. Only thing is if Campbell is not showing the attitude that the team is looking for this season

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/9249575.htm
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Change in WR depth order

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Little one-liner at the bottom of the article regarding Keenan Howry - seems he is now #4 on the depth chart with Campbell dropping to #5. Anyone any insight as to how thats happened??
    Campbell played well last year and I'm not aware of their being any radical problems in mini-camps this year that would warrant this. Only thing is if Campbell is not showing the attitude that the team is looking for this season

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/9249575.htm

I don't think this means a whole lot. I think Tice is rewarding howry for the hard work and improvement he has had over this offseason. He is also probably doing this to motivate cambell to work his butt off in training camp and earn that #4 spot. As long as cambell isn't another eric kelly, which I don't think he is, this is probably a good thing.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Change in WR depth order

I think Howry may suprise some people this year.
    Campbell may not get his spot back.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Change in WR depth order

I see a lot of potential in Campbell. very very fast. But I remember that bomb in the AZ GB game at the dome he dropped. Right in his hands.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Change in WR depth order

I'd guess what number Campbell is on the depth chart is irrelevant. My feeling is that because of Campbell's size, they don't see him as a legitimate option to take the field every play, and run a wide variety of pass routes. When Campbell hits the field, he's going deep.

Howry had a very successful college career. I believe he may have been the Biletnikoff Award winner his senior year. He will not be as "explosive" as Campbell is, but is probably overall a more "balanced" receiver.

My guess is that Campbell will still be on the field for more offensive snaps this season than Howry. When the Vikings go to a 4 WR set, I bet most of the time the 4th guy will still be Campbell.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Change in WR depth order

This also could be a reaction to the fact that Robinson is also seen as a burner, and they may want a more balanced 4 WR set. Putting Campbell in the mix with Moss, Robinson, and Burleson gives you three burners and only one "possession"-type guy. Putting Howry in there gives them more of an opportunity to use the whole field, while still having the option to put Campbell in instead, if they want to take it deep.