PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

this change has been good, but...

i'd hate to see some of our quality defensive players gets ousted...

think about it, we have a like 5x better D than last season already. our secondary, even the way it is now, will be in the top 3 easy. i know a lot of you have a hard on for Darius, and if we get him, that's cool. however, why get rid of chavous or B will...these guys can contribute majorly even as back ups... this goes for russell too. he with the others would be a brilliant back ups...can play multiple positions...wherever we need them. we finally have championship caliber depth in our secondary and we want to dismantle it? i don't like that. we should add Darius but without dismantling what has already been built. this is my opinion.

until after the draft we will not know the full fate of some of our favorite players...this is the only fact that we all can share in.

as it stands:

Sharper, Russell, Chavous, Bwill, Smoot, Winfield, Irvin, olford, etc. this is a great secondary, back-ups and all!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Chavous can go, i dont think we would miss a step, i won't loose any sleep if we can take his 1.5 million and sign our 18th pick with it.

They cost to much to be backups, inless you want to pay them as starters, they will probably leave. Our Vikings are moving on to better things. I dont like most of our defensive players anyways, exept Chavous, Winfield, Udezi, Williams, E.J.. I like our new additions, i want a SUPER BOWL.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    They cost to much to be backups, inless you want to pay them as starters, they will probably leave. Our Vikings are moving on to better things. I dont like most of our defensive players anyways, exept Chavous, Winfield, Udezi, Williams, E.J.. I like our new additions, i want a SUPER BOWL.
    Russell is getting around the league minimum or close.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Russell will be good to keep because of how young he is, his experiance and his ability to play good specail teams, thats how he started. Chavous is like 29, i dont want him playing SS cause i dont think he's built for it, good tackler but not a hard hitter or a guy that really scares you around the line of scrimage. Chavous's future with the vikes looks a little shady right now.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    Cost at this point is not an issue.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Let the best player play, 'nuff said

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Very good point. We do need some depth at the DB positions.

But I really do hope we keep Chavous around even though it is starting to look like that may not happen. He is a smart student of the game who was in the Pro-Bowl just a little over a year ago. He can play. I think he would have had a much better season last year if he would have had a better supporting cast on the defensive side of the ball.

Russell will be a great back-up and super special teamer and that is probably where he belongs. Didn't he lead the league in INT's the same year Chavous was in the Pro-Bowl? Whether it was luck or talent, while I don't think he should be a starter for us, I do think he should play a supporting role on D.

Lastly...if Brian Williams can help us get Darius via some kind of trade as some have suggested, I would be all for it. While I support all players on the team, I just don't see what some others see in this guy. If he stays in a nickel role as suggested, thats fine. If he leaves for whatever reason, I'm also down with that. Hopefully it will be to help us get Darius.
    Even babies know the difference.

Just saw the article where it looks like we are not going to persue Darius any longer. Kind of a bummer but I still think our D looks 10x better on paper than it did last season. While i'm not a big fan of Brian Williams I do think he will make a fine nickel and backup CB. I am also happy that it looks like Chavous will be back. I guess now onto the draft...
    Even babies know the difference.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

on to the draft!