Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Prophet Guest

Re: Is change good for the Vikings?

"singersp" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    ...Yep, not bad. Now I can, with good conscience, save the football talk for the other 2 sites I'm a member of and use this one to vent and call out the douchebags that frequent it...although it may be hard to quit football talk cold turkey.
    Good luck with that.
    You're more mentally challenged than I originally thought.

Boognish you are one of the few douchebags on the site so you shouldn't treat your brethren like that!
    No he's not............. He's not here anymore!
    ;D
    Feel free to dish some BS out to Benedict Arnold (boognish).
    He can still read the threads and his blood was boiling over a title.
    I heard Kyle Turley refused to be his mentor for anger management classes.
    Jerry Springer was trying to contact him yesterday afternoon according to PP.O mafia sources.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    My biggest concern is Childress's afinity to ex-Phillly players. I don't know why McMullen is still on the team but I hope he can prove me wrong. No objections to keeping him on the 53 man roster. But Todd Pinkston?! The dude is injured, hardly played in eagles camp and we sign this dude to a 1 year deal?! At the cost of Carter moving to practice squad? Give me a break.

I am hoping that we will sign Quincy Morgan this week and get rid of Pinkston. At least Morgan is healthy.
    I agree 100% this love fest with ex-Philly players is getting old. Also I would take Quincy Morgan over TPinkston.

From what I have been reading it sounds like Quincy will be a Viking after Monday,
    if they don't sign him until then the Vikes don't have to guarantee his contract for the year and if it doesn't work out they just have to pay him for the time he was here.

By Boognish wish you could respond but you can't!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

The Vikings were unable to land receiver Willie Ponder but appear to have a good chance at adding Quincy Morgan in the coming days. Ponder, cut by the Giants, elected to join the Seattle Seahawks.

Morgan, who was at Winter Park on Tuesday for a workout, could provide help at receiver and also would be used on kickoff returns. Morgan was most recently with Pittsburgh but was let go by the Steelers last weekend in the cutdown to 53 players. To look at his NFL stats go to http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235232

Right now, the Vikings’ top kick return man is Troy Williamson. Williamson, though, has never really appeared at home in this role and it’s obvious coach Brad Childress is looking for help.

Morgan has averaged 25 yards on 34 career returns, including 25.3 last season on 23 returns.

So when could Morgan join the Vikings? Probably not until next week. As a vested veteran — Morgan is entering his sixth NFL season — he would be guaranteed his base salary for the 2006 season if he is on the opening-day roster. A player is considered a vested veteran if he has more than four years of service.

SharperImage42

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

hm.. i think whitaker should be given the shot.. but then again, i dont think they want to risk injurying a DB

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    No, it's not good.
    I think it would have been smart if they kept a greedy tight-wad owner, a mindless coaching staff, and a team laced with prima donna's that had only a hint of team chemistry.
    Exactly! I really think that because most of these guys are backups that it isn't going to affect our team chemistry THAT much. If you look at our starting lineup now, it's pretty much identical to how it was at the beginning of the preseason. As a matter of fact, I think with the exception of Koren Robinson, Dovante Edwards and Tank Williams it's exactly the same.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    ...Yep, not bad. Now I can, with good conscience, save the football talk for the other 2 sites I'm a member of and use this one to vent and call out the douchebags that frequent it...although it may be hard to quit football talk cold turkey.
    Good luck with that.
    You're more mentally challenged than I originally thought.

Boognish you are one of the few douchebags on the site so you shouldn't treat your brethren like that!
    No he's not............. He's not here anymore!
    ;D
    Feel free to dish some BS out to Benedict Arnold (boognish).
    He can still read the threads and his blood was boiling over a title.
    I heard Kyle Turley refused to be his mentor for anger management classes.
    Jerry Springer was trying to contact him yesterday afternoon according to PP.O mafia sources.
    I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I am GLAD Boognish is gone. There are very few people that I dislike, but he was just flat out a jackass. I loved the title, and his reaction just shows his mentality and his maturity level.

Good riddance Benedict!

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I'd like adding Quincy. I don't know about how the salary rules affect the timing of signing him; but, I have heard that Pinky needs to be cut by Sunday to avoid repercussions on his deal. What I'm saying is...if we sign Quincy, Pinky must go.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"HornedHat" wrote:
    I'd like adding Quincy. I don't know about how the salary rules affect the timing of signing him; but, I have heard that Pinky needs to be cut by Sunday to avoid repercussions on his deal. What I'm saying is...if we sign Quincy, Pinky must go.
    I doubt Pinkston goes anywhere.
    I say he most likely has the 4th reciever spot locked up.
    Quincy would most likely be our kickoff return guy.
    I think it's clear that the coaching staff are not satisfied with who they have there.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Right. Pinky probably does have it locked up, so then McMullen would be the guy cut. One Veagle or another. I guess I don't care. I didn't see anything from McMullen to make me sad to see him go. I just have never liked Pinky; but, I suppose he's good enough at 4 or 5. Either one, if our season hinges on any of these three guys, we are plooked anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234