Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Is change good for the Vikings?

"vikingbill50" wrote:
    so why do you think just because your more disciplined that your gonna get hurt or there is gonna be alot more injuries, all teams need discipline if they wanna succeed and hey, its the nfl, players and all of us know, anyone can get hurt at anytime, thats the chance you take when you play..
    ???

That's not what I said, but maybe to better clarify . . .

A group of players have been in the CHILDRESS system for several weeks or so of work, team building, creating a positive aoura, etc.

Now you lose some of those players and add a whole bunch more that have not been involved in this "mojo".

To make the situation potentially worse, some of your players get injured and now some of these "new" players, who haven't been around since the beginning of camp, are in to play.

Do we suddenly have dumb mistakes?
    Does someone act more like a "its a job" player instead of a "team" player.

If you've ever played on a really great sports team, you'll understand that the "team building" and "mojo" is just as important as the talent, and it appears CHILDRESS has really installed some great on-field discipline on a team that was in desparate need.

I'd just hate to loose that.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

yea i understand where you are coming from and in a way is a little concern of mine too...i guess the way i look at is that the starters are in place and so is the back ups, the players we are getting now will more likely be third in depth until they work their way up, some of the players we gotten of recent already know the wco and its jsut getting the time to gel with everyone, but i do agree somewhat that we need to start keeping the players we have already..
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

boognish is offline Coordinator

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "vikingbill50" wrote:
    so why do you think just because your more disciplined that your gonna get hurt or there is gonna be alot more injuries, all teams need discipline if they wanna succeed and hey, its the nfl, players and all of us know, anyone can get hurt at anytime, thats the chance you take when you play..
    ???

A group of players have been in the CHILDRESS system for several weeks or so of work, team building, creating a positive aoura, etc.

Now you lose some of those players and add a whole bunch more that have not been involved in this "mojo".

To make the situation potentially worse, some of your players get injured and now some of these "new" players, who haven't been around since the beginning of camp, are in to play.

If you've ever played on a really great sports team, you'll understand that the "team building" and "mojo" is just as important as the talent, and it appears CHILDRESS has really installed some great on-field discipline on a team that was in desparate need.

Good points, but you can never take "mojo" over talent. The players that have been picked up were done so to solidify the depth at positions where the coaches obviously weren't satisfied with either the performance or health of the current players on the roster. You're right about injuries being a certainty this year, as in all years; the coaches are just trying to ensure that once those inevitable injuries occur we have talented players to insert into the lineup.

I particularly like the acquisition of Pinner. He's a good back and we desperately need talented depth in that position. Fason just doesn't impress me at all and Moore, while a supremely talented back, just can't seem to stay healthy.

Great moves by the front office...now they just need to wake up and cut McMullen and sign J. Carter to a deal.
    I am a dipshit!!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "vikingbill50" wrote:
    ???

A couple of things that should help are that the leaders of the team on both offense and defense are players that have been through all of Childress's camps and through his training camp.
    and I also think that Childress is trying to install a new Viking attitude that the team comes first and if you come to the Vikings this is how we do it, and to not have prima donna's like Culpepper who when they were on the road had to have a hotel room on a separate floor from his teammates.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"boognish" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "vikingbill50" wrote:
    ???

Good points, but you can never take "mojo" over talent. The players that have been picked up were done so to solidify the depth at positions where the coaches obviously weren't satisfied with either the performance or health of the current players on the roster. You're right about injuries being a certainty this year, as in all years; the coaches are just trying to ensure that once those inevitable injuries occur we have talented players to insert into the lineup.

I particularly like the acquisition of Pinner. He's a good back and we desperately need talented depth in that position. Fason just doesn't impress me at all and Moore, while a supremely talented back, just can't seem to stay healthy.

Great moves by the front office...now they just need to wake up and cut McMullen and sign J. Carter to a deal.
    Good analysis, boognish...AND nice new custom title!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

yes that was really good and i agree that fason hasnt really done that much, somewhat of a bust and moore is good but injury prone too much, so they might not be around too much if they cant produce...pinner was an excellant pickup and so will morgan if we sign him, i can see some players getting cut that are still on the roster and with mcmullen being the first
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

23 players on our 53 player roster are rookies or veterans 1st year with the Viking's, that is a 43% turnover rate from last years team and I hope that they can mold quickly into a team and have a shot this year instead of being a complete rebuilding year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    23 players on our 53 player roster are rookies or veterans 1st year with the Viking's, that is a 43% turnover rate from last years team and I hope that they can mold quickly into a team and have a shot this year instead of being a complete rebuilding year.
    With a correct mixture of seasoned veterans who now how to work with both the rooks and the coaching staff.
    I can't say it enough.
    We now have a staff that can coach......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i agree with you on that point too but i also think that most of the 23 players are veterans who know the wco we are using now and know what it takes to make the team and have shownit or they wouldnt be on the roster, yes it does take time to gel together and they been working on it...there is no way that they would put a player in who has just signed with the team, the starting unit has been in place for some time now and this will give the new add ons time to learn and work their way in
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Prophet Guest

"boognish" wrote:
    ...Yep, not bad. Now I can, with good conscience, save the football talk for the other 2 sites I'm a member of and use this one to vent and call out the douchebags that frequent it...although it may be hard to quit football talk cold turkey.
    Good luck with that.
    You're more mentally challenged than I originally thought.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast