Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Chances running out for Udeze

"digital420" wrote:
    i think moving back to his natural position, and the return of EJ, the williams in the middle and our LB corps is gonna show way more qb attacks then before.
    I'd say he gets 10+ tackle for loss, and 9 sacks

the D though is my least concern.. we reazlly need a stable OI to help win the games.. not force our D to win them for us.

DiGiTaL
    I can agree with that too

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Zeus" wrote:

Udeze gets a slight Mulligan for playing out-of-position.
    But a DE starting 16 games and not getting even half-a-sack by falling on the QB is really really really stinky.

=Z=
    I fail to see how leading the team with 13 tackles for a loss is really really really stinky.

You seemed to have overlooked that fact & judged Udeze's performance solely on the number of QB sacks he got.

How many hurries did he get? How many batted balls? How many tackles did he get for a loss, very little or no gain? How many fumbles did he cause?

Those are all things that go into what makes a good defensive lineman. Not just the number of QB sacks he had.

Also, he did have two QB sacks against Carolina, but those were called back due to penalties.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

But a DE starting 16 games and not getting even half-a-sack by falling on the QB is really really really stinky.

=Z=
    I fail to see how leading the team with 13 tackles for a loss is really really really stinky.

You seemed to have overlooked that fact & judged Udeze's performance solely on the number of QB sacks he got.

How many hurries did he get? How many batted balls? How many tackles did he get for a loss, very little or no gain? How many fumbles did he cause?

Those are all things that go into what makes a good defensive lineman. Not just the number of QB sacks he had.

Also, he did have two QB sacks against Carolina, but those were called back due to penalties.
    WOW! You killed it man. Yeah Udeze didnt get sacks but if he lead the damn team with 13 sacks that means he can get pass the line and make some tackles. Yeah I agree people think he suck because he just didnt have any sacks, I belive this guy is really good but we will see next season when hes in his right spot. And good to know that he atleast could of gotten 2 sacks.

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

WOW! You killed it man. Yeah Udeze didnt get sacks but if he lead the damn team with 13 sacks that means he can get pass the line and make some tackles. Yeah I agree people think he suck because he just didnt have any sacks, I belive this guy is really good but we will see next season when hes in his right spot. And good to know that he atleast could of gotten 2 sacks.
    (1:57) J.Delhomme sacked at CAR 20 for -8 yards (K.Udeze). FUMBLES (K.Udeze), recovered by CAR-M.Wahle at CAR 20.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:

(1:57) J.Delhomme sacked at CAR 20 for -8 yards (K.Udeze). FUMBLES (K.Udeze), recovered by CAR-M.Wahle at CAR 20.
    was that the Tuck rule one everyone saw that it wasnt a tuck?

Thanks josdin00

"tb04512" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

was that the Tuck rule one everyone saw that it wasnt a tuck?
    I'm not sure. All I know is it didn't go down in the books as a QB sack. It still resulted in a 8 yard loss for Carolina, thanks to Udeze.

He didn't get the sack, but he stripped the ball out & caused a fumble, giving us a chance to recover the ball.

I'll take that over a QB sack any day of the week, regardless of those who think that the sack is more important.

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

honestly, I think that KU has gotten a lot of flack where he shouldn't have..

ok, he didn't get the sacks, he didn't get the D linement stats everyone sees.. but he worked his #!~ off and got in the backfield more times then others.

he was playing off his normal side, and we didn't have that complementory other attacker..

as i said before.

u put EJ and KU on the edges.. Williams wrecking crew inside.. and our faster and hopefully stronger LB core behiend them and u'r giving O's a lot to deal with.

i don't care if we're
    not the number 1 D out ther ein the league..

but if we place in the top 5 Run and top 10 Pass.. we are gonna be in the playoffs.. and to know that these guys will be together for seasons to come.. just makes me smile that much more..

i really don't see KU bein shown the door.. not any time soon at least.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Del" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Generally speaking lineman are graded on many things and sacks is probably the least important.

You have cap assignment, contain assignment, flat coverage, penetration (dont do it cajun), 3 yards is usually the goal, pressure (pocket disruption), knock downs.....sacks.

Really all we can do is go with the coaches. They have all the info. Us looking at sacks alone and claiming him dead in the water is not true nor is it fair. I remember seeing him getting in the QB's face plenty. Containing well....I am sure some of you saw him getting stood up and doing nothing......we dont have all the answers.

I belive from watching him he will be starting and he is a very talented athlete who as long as he stays healthy will continue to improve.
    I know you looked hard at some of the game tapes, so I respect your opinion, especially when it comes to the line play.

How did D. Scott look in those situations when he started. And what about R. Edwards, can he be anything other than a situational rusher.
    D-Scott looked like more of a Tackle to me. He gets great penetration and fires off the ball but his contain was horrible. I like him as DT more personally.

I really didnt watch enough of Edwards to see maybe I will do that this weekend. Watch some last years line play if I feel like crying.
    Seems to me that a little disruption in the pocket by someone up the middle would get the QB to flush a bit into our DE's hands.

Del do you think he could give us that push/pressure up the middle we lack when Phat Pat is in there?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234