Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Chances running out for Udeze

Does anyone know how many pressures or knock downs Udeze got last season?
    Is that even a stat that they keep?
    Just curious.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

davike is offline Team Alumni

I have posted my opinion about Udeze in a couple other threads, so at this point I will not bother. But just remember that pass rushing DEs are not the only kind of DEs.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    Generally speaking lineman are graded on many things and sacks is probably the least important.

You have cap assignment, contain assignment, flat coverage, penetration (dont do it cajun), 3 yards is usually the goal, pressure (pocket disruption), knock downs.....sacks.

Really all we can do is go with the coaches. They have all the info. Us looking at sacks alone and claiming him dead in the water is not true nor is it fair. I remember seeing him getting in the QB's face plenty. Containing well....I am sure some of you saw him getting stood up and doing nothing......we dont have all the answers.

I belive from watching him he will be starting and he is a very talented athlete who as long as he stays healthy will continue to improve.
    I know you looked hard at some of the game tapes, so I respect your opinion, especially when it comes to the line play.

How did D. Scott look in those situations when he started. And what about R. Edwards, can he be anything other than a situational rusher.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Generally speaking lineman are graded on many things and sacks is probably the least important.

You have cap assignment, contain assignment, flat coverage, penetration (dont do it cajun), 3 yards is usually the goal, pressure (pocket disruption), knock downs.....sacks.

Really all we can do is go with the coaches. They have all the info. Us looking at sacks alone and claiming him dead in the water is not true nor is it fair. I remember seeing him getting in the QB's face plenty. Containing well....I am sure some of you saw him getting stood up and doing nothing......we dont have all the answers.

I belive from watching him he will be starting and he is a very talented athlete who as long as he stays healthy will continue to improve.
    I know you looked hard at some of the game tapes, so I respect your opinion, especially when it comes to the line play.

How did D. Scott look in those situations when he started. And what about R. Edwards, can he be anything other than a situational rusher.
    D-Scott looked like more of a Tackle to me. He gets great penetration and fires off the ball but his contain was horrible. I like him as DT more personally.

I really didnt watch enough of Edwards to see maybe I will do that this weekend. Watch some last years line play if I feel like crying.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Del" wrote:

The people that worshship the sack will not appreciate this info.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"davike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I think Cajun worships the sack...
    :P

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"davike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I learned this long ago before I even came here.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

I am gonna throw out a crazy idea.

A DE with no sacks in 16 games should not be a starting DE.

It has happened before, and players have came back.
    We will see.
    Sounds like Frazier has his back.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

"laujesse" wrote:
    He is not a game changer, he may never be and that is fine with me.

However he is a really good lineman, one that I am proud to have on my team.
    His sack total is not good way to measure what he does.
    it is when you drafted the guy to be the speed rusher off the end!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

i think he will be better going back to his natural sack.. but 13 tackles for loss is something that cant go unnoticed

Thanks josdin00

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast