Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Championship Run?

In the press conference I heard Allen talking of a championship run now.
    I have to admit that at first I was a little giddy, but now I am not sure.
    Was Allen all we needed for this team to start its run?
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Championship Run?

Yes, but a lot would have to come together for that to happen. It would assume very few key injuries, for one. Also, we have to hope Tarvaris can look as good as he did in Denver last year for the better part of the season. Plus, more than anything, we have to hope that the unit that goes out on the field functions well as a unit and as a team. It's one thing to have a bunch of big-name players on the field, but quite another to get them to work together to develop a winning chemistry.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

All I gotta say is if the Bears can do it with Rex Grossman, we can do it with TJ and our defense.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think the Vikings are definately a contender.
    A lot hinges on our ability to pass the ball, but after that, we have a very, very solid team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

As much as i want to say yes, they can be champs this year, I can't see them automatically being tops after struggling at times last year.
    Championship teams don't get blown out by their division rival, or lose to the chiefs.
    Alot will depend on TJ's progression, but we still have to beat the likes of Green Bay, New York, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, Indy and Jacksonville.
    if we can win 4 of those games, then I think we might have a legitimate shot of going deep in the playoffs, but in order for that to happen, I think we need more production in our passing game.

Blog Entries

"The" wrote:
    Yes, but a lot would have to come together for that to happen. It would assume very few key injuries, for one. Also, we have to hope Tarvaris can look as good as he did in Denver last year for the better part of the season. Plus, more than anything, we have to hope that the unit that goes out on the field functions well as a unit and as a team. It's one thing to have a bunch of big-name players on the field, but quite another to get them to work together to develop a winning chemistry.
    an excellent example of that:
    the 2005 vikings.
    We were picked to go to the superbowl with Sharper, Smoot, Nap and company.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    As much as i want to say yes, they can be champs this year, I can't see them automatically being tops after struggling at times last year.
    Championship teams don't get blown out by their division rival, or lose to the chiefs.
    Alot will depend on TJ's progression, but we still have to beat the likes of Green Bay, New York, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, Indy and Jacksonville.
    if we can win 4 of those games, then I think we might have a legitimate shot of going deep in the playoffs, but in order for that to happen, I think we need more production in our passing game.
    Good points.
    I think alot of the losses had to do with sloppy playing, but they still need to be considered.
    Indy will be the big test.
    I don't think we have to win that game, but if we are in the mix (3-7 points difference) then I think the team has improved a lot.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

Blog Entries

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Good points.
    I think alot of the losses had to do with sloppy playing, but they still need to be considered.
    Indy will be the big test.
    I don't think we have to win that game, but if we are in the mix (3-7 points difference) then I think the team has improved a lot.
    That is exactly what makes a great team.
    The best teams, don't have sloppy play.
    They don't play down to the level of competition, and let poor teams back into the game.
    Great teams win the games they should.
    In any given year, any team should usually play about 4-8 terrible teams.
    If they can win those games, they're already in good position.
    Too often, we blow about 2 or 3 of those games, making us have to make wins agains the better teams in the league to stay in contention.

for example, last season we played

Falcons
    Lions

Cheifs
    Packers
    Bears
    Cowboys
    Eagles
    Chargers
    Packers
    Raiders
    Giants
    Lions
    49ers
    Bears
    Redskins
    broncos

Bolded are the games that we should have won.
    If we won all of those games, we would have won 8 games.
    When you add the other games against better teams we won (Bears, Giants, Chargers)
    That would have given us 11 wins, and put us in the playoffs
    IMO, if we're going to be serious contenders next year, we need to win the easy games.

KevinK is offline Starter

I do believe in my heart we will win the Division.
    But lets talk about the NFC East.
    I do feel the Cowboys and Giants are better teams than us.
    I also believe that the Eagles and Skins are about equal with the Vikes (according to roster).
    If we are the team to beat at the end of the year in the NFC it would be great.
    But I just feel that the NFC East in the end will play in the Superbowl.

Blog Entries

I have a feeling the Deadskins will collapse this year.
    They are entering cap hell, as you might notice they really didn't sign anyone in FA.
    Their window for success has passed.
    Eagles might be alright, but i think they're still a year or two away from making any real noise.
    Once again, the Cowboys and Giants will be the teams to contend with in that division, but as we proved the last two years, The Giants are very beatable, and we came fairly close to the Cowboys, in Dallas.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast