Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
  1. #11
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "GFreeman44" wrote:
    Has anyone else seen the Vikings schedule?

    It starts with a loss to the Redskins.

    After that, who knows?
    I hate you for ruining this thread.

    :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  2. #12
    GFreeman44's Avatar
    GFreeman44 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    53

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "GFreeman44" wrote:
    Has anyone else seen the Vikings schedule?

    It starts with a loss to the Redskins.

    After that, who knows?
    I hate you for ruining this thread.
    I'm sorry. The whole reason I joined this site was so that I could talk to fellow Vikings fans honestly.

    Please know that I bleed purple.......I am a Vikings fan till death and beyond!!!!!
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bs.

  3. #13
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    freeman, if im not mistaken you have yet to introduce yourself in the Free Beer forum!

    get your butt in there waterboy


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  4. #14
    GFreeman44's Avatar
    GFreeman44 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    53

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23257
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bs.

  5. #15
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    ah, well i probably even read it back then then lol, didnt realise you joined nearly 2 months ago, well, a late welcome aboard then!


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  6. #16
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    "GFreeman44" wrote:
    Has anyone else seen the Vikings schedule?

    It starts with a loss to the Redskins.

    After that, who knows?

    Holy Bones!!
    We will not be very good this season. We are at best a 11-5 team. But, that will not happen unless we beat some good teams. I hope I am wrong, but looking at other teams, I see better squads and personel, we are at best a wild card playoff team. Untill I see otherwise, what I say is truth.
    Please my friend...lay off the pipe.

    1st: The Vikings should and will beat the Redskins.

    2nd: Until you see otherwise, what you say is your opinion.

    Oh yeah, welcome to PP.O

  7. #17
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    Does anyone know what great front lines do for you? If the Vikings' OL gells quickly this team has a great chance to win the division. A great running game will open up the passing game and let the WRs show off their speed.

    The defense is stacked on the line and the backfield. My only concern for this team is the LBing crew. Granted it's a big concern but hopefully the defensive line will pressure the QBs so much it won't be much of a factor.

  8. #18
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    "GFreeman44" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "GFreeman44" wrote:
    Has anyone else seen the Vikings schedule?

    It starts with a loss to the Redskins.

    After that, who knows?
    I hate you for ruining this thread.
    I'm sorry. The whole reason I joined this site was so that I could talk to fellow Vikings fans honestly.

    Please know that I bleed purple.......I am a Vikings fan till death and beyond!!!!!
    Don't let them rattle you, they're a lot like monkeys in the zoo - you have to watch for flying poo...

    However, I see no reason why we can't have an excellent year...and yes, I've seen the schedule.

    Sep 11 @Washington 7:00pm - Washington is a good ground team with a solid Defense (ranked 9th overall last season). But will losing Arrington alter that? It might. Adding Randle El might be a small boost in their air game, but I don't see it as being a back breaker. I think we are very capable of beating the 'skins...but I agree that this one could easily be chalked up as a loss.

    Sep 17 Carolina 1:00pm - This game depends upon which Panthers team shows up. We had fits with Smith last year, but I know that Tomlin isn't so dense that he won't roll safety help over top if Smoot struggles again (better yet, I hope Smoot doesn't friggin' struggle). With the 3rd ranked "D" last season, Carolina is another team that we might struggle to beat. I'd be pleasantly suprised if we won, but I'm not planning on it.

    Sep 24 Chicago 1:00pm - This team has the single most over-rated Defense in the NFL...PERIOD. If we minimize mistakes (like Interceptions and stupid penalties), there is absolutely NO reason we can't win this game. We have a better offense, and man-for-man, I'd take our Defense too (I'd swap LB corps however). If we win this game, look for our team to start taking itself very seriously. This game could be the defining moment for us.

    Oct 1 @Buffalo 1:00pm - Former Packer back-up, Craig Nall, may wind up the starter here. That won't help their lack-luster Defense. With only 5 wins in '05, this team may have a chip on their sholders...but we should be able to knock them off.

    Oct 8 Detroit 1:00pm - I'm not sold on the idea that the problem was Mariuchi and Harrington...I think it's Millen. Detroit has some talent, no doubt about it. The question is, can they put it to use? So far, the answer has been, "No". I don't think a new coaching staff and a new QB will change much this season.

    Week 6 BYE - This is the week we gear up for....

    Oct 22 @Seattle 4:15pm - Nothing would please me more than to give Seattle a big fat black eye right here. You know the media is going to fuel the fires on this game with the poison pill contracts in the offseason. Look for Hutch to prove his worth, and Burleson to prove why we let him go so cheap. The question will be, can we stop Shaun Alexander? If we can, we steal this game.

    Oct 30 New England 8:30pm - I worry more about the Pats than I do the Seahawks. This team finds ways to win. Fortunately for us, this is our last really hard game all season.

    Nov 5 @San Francisco 4:05pm - The days of Joe Montana and Steve Young are long gone. There is no reason we shouldn't beat this team silly.

    Nov 12 Green Bay 1:00pm - The days of Joe Montana and Steve Young are long gone. There is no reason we shouldn't beat this team silly.
    Oh....wait...wrong team. Not really. Green Bay has been riding the emotional wave for a long time...and it's fading out. Woodson will likely be out for the season by now, and Harris isn't as good as he thinks he is. Offensively, they have no one to throw to, and no game breaking runners. Plus, we hate them. That should add up to another Viking win.

    Nov 19 @Miami 1:00pm - If Daunte is playing, look for a lot of turnovers. If he's not, look for a lot of turnovers because Harrington will be. While this isn't a team we play a lot, we're VERY familiar with their QB's. Maybe they'll let Kelly Campbell run a deep route or two...it'd be nice to see him get pasted. We can beat the Phins...'nuff said.

    Nov 26 Arizona 1:00pm - Denny green has put together a real nice offense down there. They also have a decent Defense (That won't last under Green). This is a team fighting to claw it's way up...much like we are. This will be an awesome game to watch.

    Dec 3 @Chicago 1:00pm - Just to prove the first time wasn't a fluke, we'll repeat our victorious first meeting. By now, look for Griese to be starting as Grossman will be out with a broken something-or-other. An idiot Bear's fan at work bet me $100 that we wouldn't win 6 games all season...sure would be nice to win that money (already in the bank) AND sweep the Bears.

    Dec 10 @Detroit 1:00pm - The Lions always play tough at home...but we win anyway.

    Dec 17 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm - Another team that was once on the cusp of greatness. I don't see the Jets giving us serious problems...unlike that OTHER New York team.

    Dec 21 @Green Bay 8:00pm - There is absolutely no reason why we won't be giving Brett a few more bad memories for his retirement (If he elects to...finally) in this game. I'll be there, surrounded by drooling morons, to cheer on another Viking win.

    Dec 31 St. Louis 1:00pm - Not really sure what to expect from the Rams. They're always a tough team, but with the coaching change and all, they may hve finally decided to fade into the woodwork for awhile. We beat them silly last season. Granted, Fitzpatrick likely won't be starting again, but this team isn't what it used to be. Plus we owe them a couple.

    So, in theory, we could win 12 to 13 games this season...and none of them would be suprising wins. I don't know if we WILL (that's why we play the games), but I think we COULD. More likely, we'll walk away with a 9-7 or 10-6 record and a possible wild card entry into the post season.

    Caine

  9. #19
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    Great post, But I can't agree wth you on Chicago's Defense. Overrated? how? Didn't they almost set a record for least points scored agaisnt them last season. They are returning all their starters, which I think means they got better. Chicago is definetly the team to beat in our division, there is no denying that.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #20
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Challenges facing the '06 Vikings

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Great post, But I can't agree wth you on Chicago's Defense. Overrated? how? Didn't they almost set a record for least points scored agaisnt them last season. They are returning all their starters, which I think means they got better. Chicago is definetly the team to beat in our division, there is no denying that.
    Ok, the raw numbers say I'm wrong, but look at WHO they beat up on last year.

    Washington - Lost 7-9 - Offense ranked 11
    Detroit - Won 38-6 - Offense ranked 27
    Cincinnati - Lost 7-24 - Offense ranked 6
    @Cleveland - Lost 10-20 - Offense ranked 26
    Minnesota - Won 28-3 - Offense ranked 25
    Baltimore - Won 10-6 - Offense ranked 24
    @Detroit - Won 19-13 - Offense ranked 27
    @New Orleans - Won 20-17 - Offense ranked 20
    San Francisco - Won 17-9 - Offense ranked 32
    Carolina - Won 13-3 - Offense ranked 22
    @Tampa Bay - Won 13-10 - Offense ranked 23
    Green Bay - Won 19-7 - Offense ranked 18
    @Pittsburgh - Lost 9-21 - Offense ranked 16
    Atlanta - Won 16-3 - Offense ranked 12
    @Green Bay - Won 24-17 - Offense ranked 18
    @Minnesota - Lost 10-34 - Offense ranked 25

    So, their Defense looked really good against really BAD offenses. The media ignored that fact and started making them out to be the '85 Bears all over again...not even close. Even ignoring the last game against us (Bears fans do, since they pulled their starters...AFTER we humiliated them), they really didn't beat anybody GOOD, but they lost to every good team they faced (and they didn't face many) except one.

    Unfortunately, this year they again have a fairly soft schedule, so we're likely to hear about how wonderful the Bears defense is...again. The truth is, they're GOOD, but not that good and I stand by that 100%.

    Caine

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Man Challenges TSA To Pat Him Down
    By i_bleed_purple in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 05:09 PM
  2. Allow challenges of some penalties?
    By Reverend Conehead in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 04:19 AM
  3. Economic challenges will not prevent Minnesota Vikings from pursuing expensive f
    By VikingMike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 05:10 AM
  4. Defensive end is latest problem facing Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 03:57 PM
  5. Vikings Facing Blitzing Conundrum
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 01:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •