Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Chad Johnson, Ocho Cinco, and a 7th rounder for a 1st, 3rd, and 6th

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    No, on that many picks for Ocho Stinko.

Roy Williams wasn't worth that many picks,
    and neither is Ocho Stinko.

The Cowboys got bent over and done raw...but Jerry Jones had to have his man...what a doddering old fool he's become.

[glow=red,2,300]didnt we give BB 18 million? [/glow] :
    Roy is an ex probowler and is about 26. I think he was worth it. If he gets the boys to the Confrence game.
    Basically look at it like this; Pick # 30+ is basically a 2nd round pick.
    Also the boys do not have a lot of spots to fill(unlike us). Lets look!

Qb - nope
    Rb - Nope
    Fb ( maybe)
    TE - Nope
    OL - (maybe
    Dl - (Nope)
    LB - Nope
    CB - Nope
    Saftey (Yes but would probably be addr thru FA)

Not a lot of need for 7 pics. I look at this as essentially a 2nd and a 4th and 7th. The boys will be ok, unfortunately.
    Yes we gave BB that much cash,
    but have you ever read where I said that the Vikings didn't give too much?..but the difference is we gave CASH not draft picks...Not seeing your point here hmmmmm

I never said that Williams is not a good receiver I was just stating that it was not a huge need for the Cowboys and over paying for a WR was not smart when they need help in many other areas.

The Cowboys
    OL is not all its cracked up to be,
    and judging by the recent play of the defense, its really not all that cut and dried that they dont have many holes...their defensive backfield has been decimated with injuries and suspensions....the O-line is leaking like a sieve...need I go on?

Thing will have to change if they still expect to go to the Super Bowl this year...I don't see the Williams trade changing that fact.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"jdvike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:

The Cowboys got bent over and done raw...but Jerry Jones had to have his man...what a doddering old fool he's become.

Roy is an ex probowler and is about 26. I think he was worth it. If he gets the boys to the Confrence game.

Qb - nope
    Rb - Nope
    Fb ( maybe)
    TE - Nope
    OL - (maybe
    Dl - (Nope)
    LB - Nope
    CB - Nope

Not a lot of need for 7 pics. I look at this as essentially a 2nd and a 4th and 7th. The boys will be ok, unfortunately.
    but have you ever read where I said that the Vikings didn't give too much?..but the difference is we gave CASH not draft picks...Not seeing your point here hmmmmm

I never said that Williams is not a good receiver I was just stating that it was not a huge need for the Cowboys and over paying for a WR was not smart when they need help in many other areas.

The Cowboys
    and judging by the recent play of the defense, its really not all that cut and dried that they dont have many holes...their defensive backfield has been decimated with injuries and suspensions....the O-line is leaking like a sieve...need I go on?

Thing will have to change if they still expect to go to the Super Bowl this year...I don't see the Williams trade changing that fact.
    Actually the WR position is an Area of need. TO is getting old. He is no where as physically as he once was and is having trouble getting off the line when bumped( thanks ESPN). Why not bring in a talented WR in his exact mold?
    I have already pointed out that draft picks for a team that a lot of people want to play for( Chad and Williams) really isnt that important. They are loaded as it is and 7 picks will not make the team. Again you mentioned that they have been hurt by injuries. Non- serious injuries, do not hurt the team in the long run. Newman will be back next year and will pair with the
    talented Cbs they drafted. Brining in a saftey is important. Their oling is a hell of a lot better than ours from side to side. I didn't see us doing anything to addr that.....

This is what irks me. We can sit and talk thrash about teams that are better than us making a move to improve but then we act like our team with the limited talent it has( yes limited) is set to make a run at anything but a wildcard berth. Fans in glass bleachers should not swing stone towels.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:

Qb - nope
    Rb - Nope
    Fb ( maybe)
    TE - Nope
    OL - (maybe
    Dl - (Nope)
    LB - Nope
    CB - Nope

The Cowboys

Actually the WR position is an Area of need. TO is getting old. He is no where as physically as he once was and is having trouble getting off the line when bumped( thanks ESPN). Why not bring in a talented WR in his exact mold?
    I have already pointed out that draft picks for a team that a lot of people want to play for( Chad and Williams) really isnt that important. They are loaded as it is and 7 picks will not make the team. Again you mentioned that they have been hurt by injuries. Non- serious injuries, do not hurt the team in the long run. Newman will be back next year and will pair with the
    talented Cbs they drafted. Brining in a saftey is important. Their oling is a hell of a lot better than ours from side to side. I didn't see us doing anything to addr that.....

[glow=red,2,300]This is what irks me. We can sit and talk thrash about teams that are better than us making a move to improve but then we act like our team with the limited talent it has( yes limited) is set to make a run at anything but a wildcard berth. Fans in glass bleachers should not swing stone towels.[/glow]
    You know what irks me is people that generalize Viking fans....did you hear me say that the Vikings were a better team...no I did not...the Cowboys are head and shoulders better than the Vikings right now.

My point was that the Cowboys and their fans think that this is the move that launches them into this years super bowl which I think is a bunch of bull shit...as for talking trash....I was merely stating facts...how is that talking trash?

You say the Cowboys don't need the draft picks...that is your opinion and you are allowed to have one, but that doesn't mean that its right just because you said it.

The bottom line is Williams is a good WR but the price was way too much...I don't care if you agree or not.

BootyCall is offline Waterboy

This is pretty simple...we don't need another wideout at this point....we need someone to toss the skin around.
    I would cringe to see a virus like Ocho Cinco added to the team.
    He lacks work ethic and has never put the team before himself.
    If we are going to be forced to put up with those kind of antics I would prefer to benefit from a top tier wideout(TO or Moss) instead of taking on the attitude for a player who isn't a game changer.
    Just my 2 cents.

"The Cowboys got bent over and done raw...but Jerry Jones had to have his man...what a doddering old fool he's become."

JD,
    I took issue with this statment. Why is JJ a fool? because he addressed a need to make his teams even better than it was before? Heck we traded a 1st and 2 3rds for Allen and gave him 60 million.

I wager Roy is in the top 3 young WRs in this league and top 10 overall. The reason I think Boy fans are excited are because they have real talent at all levels of the receiving game. TO for deep routes, Roy to work the short stuff, Crayton on the intermidate stuff and Witten workign the middle. Seems like they just made their offense the best or 1 of the best for years to come.

Sometimes you have to take the bird in your hand and pass on many in the bushes. It's why we went after Allen vs. going after a DE. So no i dont believe JJ is stupid for signing a young pr bowl level WR to a team that has little to do with their all 7 of their draft picks.... Especially since a draft day trade for Roy Williams( Saftey) seems likely.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "The Cowboys got bent over and done raw...but Jerry Jones had to have his man...what a doddering old fool he's become."

JD,
    I took issue with this statment. Why is JJ a fool? because he addressed a need to make his teams even better than it was before? Heck we traded a 1st and 2 3rds for Allen and gave him 60 million.

I wager Roy is in the top 3 young WRs in this league and top 10 overall. The reason I think Boy fans are excited are because they have real talent at all levels of the receiving game. TO for deep routes, Roy to work the short stuff, Crayton on the intermidate stuff and Witten workign the middle. Seems like they just made their offense the best or 1 of the best for years to come.

Sometimes you have to take the bird in your hand and pass on many in the bushes. It's why we went after Allen vs. going after a DE. So no i dont believe JJ is stupid for signing a young pr bowl level WR to a team that has little to do with their all 7 of their draft picks.... Especially since a draft day trade for Roy Williams( Saftey) seems likely.
    I say they gave too much(which makes JJ a fool) and you keep saying they didn't...you have your opinion and I have mine...and spare me all the cliche bullshit.

Why keep bringing up all the apples to oranges comparisons that mean nothing?

"BootyCall" wrote:
    This is pretty simple...we don't need another wideout at this point....we need someone to toss the skin around.
    I would cringe to see a virus like Ocho Cinco added to the team.
    He lacks work ethic and has never put the team before himself.
    If we are going to be forced to put up with those kind of antics I would prefer to benefit from a top tier wideout(TO or Moss) instead of taking on the attitude for a player who isn't a game changer.

Just my 2 cents.
    Lol do you realize that CJ is ranked like #1 or 2 in yards, TDs, and receptions since 03 or 04 right.
    Let me get my stat book.

Push yuh bumper - Machel
    2-days - Kerwin Du Bois
    Chippin - Farmer Nappy

07- Yards

Wayne - 1510
    Moss - 1493
    CJ yrds - 1440
    TO - 1355
    Fitz - 1409

06 - Yards
    Led league in yards.
    7th in Rec.

05 - yards
    3rd in yards
    5th in Rec.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

If it was Fitz yeah, Wyane, Steve Smith or Plax Maybe,
    Outside of that no way I would even consider that.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

A wide receiver....no way.
    Especially a head case one.
    Can you imagine the first week in the Purple and Gold would be a disaster.

No why?

A couple of thoughts

Gus and TJ - Need I say more
    KAO - Need I say more

Anyone really think a guy like that will be happy with our situation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12