Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Chad Johnson, Ocho Cinco, and a 7th rounder for a 1st, 3rd, and 6th

This is the deal the Cowboys made for Roy Williams.
    If the Vikings could get #85 for the same picks do you think they should pull the trigger?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Chad Johnson, Ocho Cinco, and a 7th rounder for a 1st, 3rd, and 6th

"vikingivan" wrote:
    This is the deal the Cowboys made for Roy Williams.
    If the Vikings could get #85 for the same picks do you think they should pull the trigger?
    Trade deadline.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Trade deadline has passed?

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

No our group is good as it is now. And yes, as stated above the deadline has passed.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    No our group is good as it is now. And yes, as stated above the deadline has passed.
    lol! Oh holland stop with the jokes...wait...were you serious?
    :-\

I wouldn't take Chad for that amount of picks. I think he was worth it last season but I am unsure if he is worth it today and will be worth it tommorrow. He is getting a bit up there in age( 29 - 31 i think)
    But to say our Corps is good, is laughable. There are teams that our # 1 would be a number #3 wr.
    Our # 2 is always hurt and we still don't know if he is a stud or will continue to show flashes of greatness and wilt away. Our # 3 maybe out of the league in a year and our # 4 has returned a kick and has 2 pass interference penalties to namesake. Our WRs are far from untouchable.

I fear it is an attitude like this that is extremely dangerous. Holland, I am not talking about you specifically but many of the fans of my beloved Vikings, Webby and Ultra included. Beliving that all is well in Viking land is the defination of viewing the world with purple shades and contacts.

It was laughble to think that our QB position was set and many of you felt so. It is laughable to think Childress is a good Head coach and that has been proven true. I am telling you now that it is laughable to think our WR corps is "good" We have possibly one of the worst WR corps in the league (I would rank us about 7th worst).

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

No, on that many picks for Ocho Stinko.

Roy Williams wasn't worth that many picks,
    and neither is Ocho Stinko.

The Cowboys got bent over and done raw...but Jerry Jones had to have his man...what a doddering old fool he's become.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

I wouldn't take Chad for that amount of picks. I think he was worth it last season but I am unsure if he is worth it today and will be worth it tommorrow. He is getting a bit up there in age( 29 - 31 i think)
    But to say our Corps is good, is laughable. There are teams that our # 1 would be a number #3 wr.
    Our # 2 is always hurt and we still don't know if he is a stud or will continue to show flashes of greatness and wilt away. Our # 3 maybe out of the league in a year and our # 4 has returned a kick and has 2 pass interference penalties to namesake. Our WRs are far from untouchable.

I fear it is an attitude like this that is extremely dangerous. Holland, I am not talking about you specifically but many of the fans of my beloved Vikings, Webby and Ultra included. Beliving that all is well in Viking land is the defination of viewing the world with purple shades and contacts.

It was laughble to think that our QB position was set and many of you felt so. It is laughable to think Childress is a good Head coach and that has been proven true. I am telling you now that it is laughable to think our WR corps is "good" We have possibly one of the worst WR corps in the league (I would rank us about 7th worst).

That might be my favorite post you've ever written... bravo!

+1
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"jdvike" wrote:
    No, on that many picks for Ocho Stinko.

Roy Williams wasn't worth that many picks,
    and neither is Ocho Stinko.

The Cowboys got bent over and done raw...but Jerry Jones had to have his man...what a doddering old fool he's become.

didnt we give BB 18 million?
    :
    Roy is an ex probowler and is about 26. I think he was worth it. If he gets the boys to the Confrence game.
    Basically look at it like this; Pick # 30+ is basically a 2nd round pick.
    Also the boys do not have a lot of spots to fill(unlike us). Lets look!

Qb - nope
    Rb - Nope
    Fb ( maybe)
    TE - Nope
    OL - (maybe
    Dl - (Nope)
    LB - Nope
    CB - Nope
    Saftey (Yes but would probably be addr thru FA)

Not a lot of need for 7 pics. I look at this as essentially a 2nd and a 4th and 7th. The boys will be ok, unfortunately.

"C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

+1
    Thanks but this feels errily like when the Rock and Mankind teamed up to be come WWF Tag team champs. LOL.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

+1
    Thanks but this feels errily like when the Rock and Mankind teamed up to be come WWF Tag team champs. LOL.
    I take it back... that's my favorite post you've ever written.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast