Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Chad Johnson calls out Smoot

"oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    Johnson is a great receiver, but why is he trying so hard to be the next T.O.?
    Go out, make plays and shut your mouth.
    I find it funny how you armchair fans sit and judge. Let me make this very clear for you guys:

The greatest receivers in this game are the greatest trash talkers. They have the biggest egos, the most arrogance, and are the most volatile persons on their team. This is true of Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Randy Moss, and on down the line.

Having played receiver, you have to be. You touch the ball AT BEST 10 times a game, and have to go full out on every play. When you drop a ball, you have to forget it, because the quarterback is coming back to you. You have to be cocky. You have to talk trash and be confident, because it's a game.

The reason you don't hear about Jerry Rice doing it is because the media loves him. Chad, Randy, and etc are all nice guys. They are demonized because the media doesn't care to understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

This guy is an idiot. Come on oprah??? whatever. He is right we shall see who spanks who. I'll take smoot and winfield!
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Prophet Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    I find it funny how [size=18px]you[/size] armchair fans sit and judge. Let me make this very clear for you guys:....
    I'm guessing that you are right in that category along with the rest of us. Many of us have played football and have an understanding of the game. There is not a need to be cocky just because you are a WR. Personally, I get a kick out of it sometimes, depending on who it is and the context of the message.

Del Rio Guest

Joe Horn, Issac Bruce, Holt, Ward, Moss, Harrison, Owens.

Chad Johnson top 4?

Talking trash is part of the game. It's not like he was calling Smoots mom a streetwalker or anything. Unfortunately the people who talk the loudest usually get hit the hardest. I think he's in for a rough go come Sunday.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

But 8404, some placers take over the top!

Do you see Marvin Harrison calling out Payton Manning! He signed a new contract this year, so should he threaten to hold out next year because he wants more money?

I do not remember Chris (he was a loud mouth) Carter calling out another player in the media that he was going up against.

I do not remember Lynn Swan running over meter maids (and having weed in his car), or squirting ref's with water bottles, or saying he will play when he wants to play, or yelling at his QB in the huddle!

The new wide receivers are media whores, and the media puts the outrages people on their highlights. Maybe if the media would honor the players that go out and do there jobs, and not the ones that make the biggest asses out of themselves it would be different.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

What I am trying to figure out is how is this the media hating on Chad Johnson when he is the one actually asking the media to relay the message.

I see where you are trying to take this, but your way off track. This is not a case of media hate, he seeks it out. I don't buy into any of your theory really but out of all the arguments you have made to support it this is by far the weakest.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    Johnson is a great receiver, but why is he trying so hard to be the next T.O.?
    Go out, make plays and shut your mouth.
    I find it funny how you armchair fans sit and judge. Let me make this very clear for you guys:

The greatest receivers in this game are the greatest trash talkers. They have the biggest egos, the most arrogance, and are the most volatile persons on their team. This is true of Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Randy Moss, and on down the line.

Having played receiver, you have to be. You touch the ball AT BEST 10 times a game, and have to go full out on every play. When you drop a ball, you have to forget it, because the quarterback is coming back to you. You have to be cocky. You have to talk trash and be confident, because it's a game.

The reason you don't hear about Jerry Rice doing it is because the media loves him. Chad, Randy, and etc are all nice guys. They are demonized because the media doesn't care to understand.
    I think it's a matter of personality. Rice talked trash on the field, but everyone does that. Marvin Harrison does it too, but he doesn't run his mouth to the media. There' s a difference between doing something in the heat of the battle versus in the locker room to a bunch of reporters. There's something cheap and cowardly about doing it to the media rather than on the field, face to face, IMO.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Bring it Chad Johnson, you got nothin!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    What I am trying to figure out is how is this the media hating on Chad Johnson when he is the one actually asking the media to relay the message.

I see where you are trying to take this, but your way off track. This is not a case of media hate, he seeks it out. I don't buy into any of your theory really but out of all the arguments you have made to support it this is by far the weakest.
    Wait, I didn't mean to imply that, read it again.

I was just saying, to put it in a nutshell, great receivers talk smack, publically and on the field. That's just how it is.

I recall Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders having some nice press battles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    This pretty much sumed it up for me;

"Johnson's idol — TV celebrity Oprah Winfrey"

Any questions?
    No doubt, what MAN has Oprah as a idol? I might have to bench Johnson on my fantasy team, because after those comments Smoot will own his arse!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast