cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Chad Greenway in studio (podcast)

[size=13pt]Chad Greenway in studio (podcast)[/size]

This is a 45 minute podcast with Chad Greenway, talking about the offseason and the upcoming training camp

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chad Greenway in studio (podcast)

This is good stuff, a little shocked everybody wants to discuss silly rumors instead of comment on this interview. Good find bud.

I finally got to listen to it myself. Here is a little recap of some of the topics they discus, for those of you that can't find time to listen to it:

Among other things:

- Talk about the offseason. Greenway also had his camp with the money going to his foundation (The Chad Greenway foundation), which will continue next year.

- The training camp. Childress has tweaked the schedule because he is smart, says CG

- Tarvaris will probably struggle early as all young QBs, he has the skills but the test will be how he react in quick decisions come game day

- CG has confidence in the WR group. They have looked good in minicamps, and there hasn't been any problems with drops. Not from TWill either. Again it'll have to carry over to games.

- Right side of the line were Hicks-Cook in minicamps, with Marcus rotating in at RT. The main thing, says CG, is to gain trust among the linemen

- Hutch is as good as advertised

- AP has no problem with the collarbone. His learning and working

- Lowber's jumping doesn't translate that much to the field. It didn't sound like he expected him to make the team. He is a freak athlete, but he needs to develop football skills

- They will probably play more man-to-man in the pass defense. And with Frazier they will do more different things up front like blitzes and stunts to get more pressure.

- Erasmus James has been making strides to get on the field after his injury lately, after having a little trouble with the knee at one point in the rehab.

- Udeze has moved back to his natural position, and has worked to change his body type. He'll be looking to get more production this year.

- Pat Williams might not be good as a Tampa-2 DT because he's not a pass rusher. But he helps by drawing double teams, opening room for Kevin Williams who is one of the best pass rushing DTs

- Even if the team plays Madden Football in the lounge other games might be bigger. CG doesn't play much himself, at home he has the wii. Halo is big, Kluwe plays Guitar Hero.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:

- Udeze has moved back to his natural position, and has worked to change his body type. He'll be looking to get more production this year.
    Body type? What does that mean?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Maybe he's trying to get bigger/leaner? I dunno. Good question.

And Greenway has a wii? Wtf?

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I think what he meant by it were that he slimed down and added some strength to become speedier in the pass rush. But he did not elaborate.

"cogitans" wrote:
    - Even if the team plays Madden Football in the lounge other games might be bigger. CG doesn't play much himself, at home he has the wii. Halo is big, Kluwe plays Guitar Hero.
    haha. They better. Because I'll be damned if I support a team in which our punter doesnt like guitar Hero oe a linebacker who doesnt have a wii. (raise fist)
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor