Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Chad Greenway Playing At Pro Bowl Level

Frazier Says Greenway Playing At Pro Bowl Level

As of week 7, Chad Greenway is leading all outside linebackers in tackles and is 5th among all players with his 63 tackles.

You can see the statistics here!

Chad Greenway has been a solid force for the Vikings every season since his injury in his rookie year. He has had 99+ tackles in each of his last three seasons and has led or ranked 2nd in tackles every game this season so far.

In my opinion, Chad Greenway is a little underrated and I think the reason is that he is not great in any particular category. For instance, E.J. Henderson is well-know (at least among Vikings fans) as a fearsome tackler. Greenway is Pro Bowl material because he is a complete linebacker. He can stop the run, he can stop the pass, he's fast, durable, and has good ball skills. You can't ask for more than that!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Chad Greenway Playing At Pro Bowl Level

Guess who's now second in the league in total tackles!
    Chad Greenway.

Greenway has 83 tackles as of week 9. He is on pace for 150+ tackles for the season. WOW!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

HEY wrote:
    Guess who's now second in the league in total tackles!
    Chad Greenway.

Greenway has 83 tackles as of week 9. He is on pace for 150+ tackles for the season. WOW!
    Awesome. Definitely glad we got him. Glad Ernie Simms didn't fall to us.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I like what our LB'rs have done all year, especially Chad, but EJ deserves honorable mention as well.

I've seen several plays were he didn't make the tackle, but his play forced the tackle to Chad.

On a side note, Ben has been a bit off this year IMHO. I would like to see Erin or Jasper come in and play the Sam on a few series.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    I like what our LB'rs have done all year, especially Chad, but EJ deserves honorable mention as well.

I've seen several plays were he didn't make the tackle, but his play forced the tackle to Chad.

On a side note, Ben has been a bit off this year IMHO. I would like to see Erin or Jasper come in and play the Sam on a few series.
    I think Leber is having a pretty quiet year, not necessarily off his game. Seems like he's been good in coverage, and is always around the ball, just not making the play because someone else beats him to it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I think Leber is having a pretty quiet year, not necessarily off his game. Seems like he's been good in coverage, and is always around the ball, just not making the play because someone else beats him to it.
    Agree, thats why I said "A Bit" off.

I don't think he will be back next year, thats kindof why I would like to see Erin or Jasper out there a bit more.

On a side note, I was never a Erin fan, but he sure has shown a few things this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I would like to see Greenway come up with an INT when it hits him in the hands.

I agree he is playing well and he is up there in the tackle stat, but he is not on a winning team (yet). Winning teams and stat leaders get to go and oh ya, the most popular players (ala Jeter winning a gold glove).

Keep it up Chad and please get us that INT next time.

Edit: My point is that if we were a winning football team this season, followed up on the success of last year and he was leading the outside LBs in tackles he would be praise from the highest from all the talking heads. Difficult to get that praise sub .500 football.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

HEY wrote:
    Frazier Says Greenway Playing At Pro Bowl Level

As of week 7, Chad Greenway is leading all outside linebackers in tackles and is 5th among all players with his 63 tackles.

You can see the statistics here!

Chad Greenway has been a solid force for the Vikings every season since his injury in his rookie year. He has had 99+ tackles in each of his last three seasons and has led or ranked 2nd in tackles every game this season so far.

In my opinion, Chad Greenway is a little underrated and I think the reason is that he is not great in any particular category. For instance, E.J. Henderson is well-know (at least among Vikings fans) as a fearsome tackler. Greenway is Pro Bowl material because he is a complete linebacker. He can stop the run, he can stop the pass, he's fast, durable, and has good ball skills. You can't ask for more than that!
    I just wanted to point out he is a nice guy too. He is a fearsome tackler not a fearsome hitter. That same week that all those fines happened on leading with the helmet, he could have lit into Dez Bryant, I think it was the Cowboys, when he alligator armed the ball. Chad could have left his feet but didn't and save Dez an unnecessary injury and himself a fine.

delviking is offline Starter

i love the way Greenway plays hes is a solid tackler and has a great nose for the ball which means hes put in the time to study the opponents.

Hes like if leber and henderson had a kid, the smarts and instinct of leber with the tackling and nose for the ball that henderson has.

so having all three of these guys on our team has been impressive. though i do think leber will not be resigned unless he takes a smaller offer. which i think is why erin was getting a lotta looks in training camp.

When it comes between him and AJ hawk, Id have taken either but i think greenway was the better choice for the reason he doesnt have the ego of hawk.

thats what i like best from our LB core low to no Ego, they just go out and do there job every play. we have enough of that on the D-line.

and when it come down to Leber haveing a bit of an off year he played more last season by being in more in nickel and dime packages now that Ej is back hes sticking more to our base packages.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Chad Greenway is a big republican. He was wearing the elephant logo in one of his recent interviews. Very interesting....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast