Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Chad Greenway - Perseverance Pays Off

"cogitans" wrote:
    He had a pretty good year in 2007, and he'll only get better.

I like our LB starters, maybe we just need some backup. I think the loss of DT were pretty big.
    Lets hope Rufus followed the same rehab track that Chad did and studied the same tape.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Greenway did real well this year, if can get stronger its only gonna help his game, thats the biggest complaint I got with Greenway. Too many times guys are able to fight through his tackles. Of course we are all a little spoiled with EJ's naturaul strength.

This was a very good draft pick, high character guy who works extremely hard. Not all guys approach rehab the same way but knowing Greenways work ethic and motivation he came back and had a really nice year. Not easy to do, especailly since he was basically a rookie.

I'm with you Marrdro I hope Rufus comes back strong. Now that DT is gone he was be relied on.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I think Chad will have a break out season next year. When he's around the ball he makes plays and this was his first season playing in the NFL. He should have a much better understanding having 17 games under his belt.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Chad is a very hard working player, and doesn't quit fighting, he is truly one of my favorite players.
    He had a pretty solid season in 2007, i only think he'll grow, and i think eventually he will emerge into one of the leagues better linebackers in the upcoming seasons, i really do think this guy will eventually be one of our best players in years to come, especially if he continues to keep working hard like he does.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Greenway did real well this year, if can get stronger its only gonna help his game, thats the biggest complaint I got with Greenway. Too many times guys are able to fight through his tackles. Of course we are all a little spoiled with EJ's naturaul strength.

This was a very good draft pick, high character guy who works extremely hard. Not all guys approach rehab the same way but knowing Greenways work ethic and motivation he came back and had a really nice year. Not easy to do, especailly since he was basically a rookie.

I'm with you Marrdro I hope Rufus comes back strong. Now that DT is gone he was be relied on.
    I think it is still to early to say it was a very good draft pick. He has missed half of his games(2006 season) due to injury. I do agree that he had a good 07 season and if he stays healthy and improves he will end up being a great addition by the vikings.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

I think it is still to early to say it was a very good draft pick. He has missed half of his games(2006 season) due to injury. I do agree that he had a good 07 season and if he stays healthy and improves he will end up being a great addition by the vikings.
    I'd say one year of starting equates to good.

2, 3, and 4 years like last year equates to a hell of lot better.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

I'd say one year of starting equates to good.

2, 3, and 4 years like last year equates to a hell of lot better.

;D
    If he came off the bench for the other season then it would be good, but he missed the entire 2006 season, that is not a good thing.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    Sims is a very good linebacker, we can't sit here and say he sucks....
    He does have concussion issues and I have a feeling those will end up haunting him in the long run.

I like our guy; he's local his character seems to be be top notch.... and he's a hell of a player; did I mention that?
    as i've said before, since Greenway is a small town guy himself, he is often seen at training camp picking up trash around the fields, which is pretty wierd seeing a pro athlete do lol.

But the real sign of character i've seen here in Mankato about Mr. Greenway, was after practice.
    Theres a fence near the locker rooms where fans line up trying to get autographs from players heading to the showers.
    There was a young boy, couldnt have been more than 8 years old, trying to just see the players go by.
    Two kids probably about 16 or so, push the small kid away from the fence so they can get closer and yell to Chad for an autograph.
    A guy next to the small boy kind of helps him back up to the front, and gives him his spot by the fence.
    Greenway sees this, comes over, and as the two guys that pushed him away begged for autographs, Chad signed a football for the small boy, gave the guy that helped him a handshake and autograph, and told the other two they weren't getting anything from him because of what they did.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    He does have concussion issues and I have a feeling those will end up haunting him in the long run.

I like our guy; he's local his character seems to be be top notch.... and he's a hell of a player; did I mention that?
    as i've said before, since Greenway is a small town guy himself, he is often seen at training camp picking up trash around the fields, which is pretty wierd seeing a pro athlete do lol.

But the real sign of character i've seen here in Mankato about Mr. Greenway, was after practice.
    Theres a fence near the locker rooms where fans line up trying to get autographs from players heading to the showers.
    There was a young boy, couldnt have been more than 8 years old, trying to just see the players go by.
    Two kids probably about 16 or so, push the small kid away from the fence so they can get closer and yell to Chad for an autograph.
    A guy next to the small boy kind of helps him back up to the front, and gives him his spot by the fence.
    Greenway sees this, comes over, and as the two guys that pushed him away begged for autographs, Chad signed a football for the small boy, gave the guy that helped him a handshake and autograph, and told the other two they weren't getting anything from him because of what they did.
    class act -pure and simple
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"AngloVike" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

class act -pure and simple
    [/quote

Couldn't agree more.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast