Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chad Greenway healthy, hungry

"davike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Displaced_Viking" wrote:
    I am a bit concerned with our loss of N. Harris and Mike Tomlin, but I'm confident that Greenway and Frazier can at least perform as well.
    It's funny how this works. Before last season anyone would probably have taken some pooh for saying that they were glad for or confident that we had Napo on the team.
    That kinda proves the point I had in the "why I think we win 11 games this year" thread. You just never know what a new year may bring. I still like to waste my time trying to do some predicting though

Just think...maybe Marcus Johnson will be crazy good and not have any penalties on him and Udeze will lead the league in sacks this year

If you watched the Childress TV interview, he said that he feels the same way about our WRs that he felt about our LB group before last season.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

If you watched the Childress TV interview, he said that he feels the same way about our WRs that he felt about our LB group before last season.

Really?
    Wow.
    I hope he's right!!
    I suppose, if Troy's eyes/drops are fixed, Wade fills the slot and a couple of our young guys work out...You would think we can get 5 or 6 good WRs out of 13, wouldn't you?

Thanks!
    I had not heard/seen that.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:

Really?
    Wow.
    I hope he's right!!
    I suppose, if Troy's eyes/drops are fixed, Wade fills the slot and a couple of our young guys work out...You would think we can get 5 or 6 good WRs out of 13, wouldn't you?

Thanks!
    I had not heard/seen that.
    You can find the interview in this thread:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php...&topic=33963.0

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Although there are a lot of question marks on this team I really believe we weren't that far off last year.
    There were a lot of games lost by a TD or less.
    I believe with the addition of AP and TR back, TJ getting the experience there will be more TDs and not as many FGs.
    That was the main problem last year.
    1 or 2 of those FGs turned into TDs and we would have had a 10-11 win season.

Of course this is how I rationalize it but I can honestly say I don't think the Vikes are in that bad of shape.
    I do believe Greenway will add to that pass coverage in the middle of the field and keep teams from throwing to that area as much.
    I also believe the Vikes need that one vet WR.
    IMO KJohnson would fit that mold perfectly and give TJ the confidence he needs.
    Just my opinion of course.

BritishVike is offline Rookie

Man...i cant wait for this season. Im so excited!!Greenway, James, AP all in on the action. Plus we get to see if TJ will be rocking or not. Then there's Rice who would have probably been a top 10 pick in next years draft had he stuck with it (im glad he didnt). Bring it on!!!

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

"whackthepack" wrote:
    He didn't play during the regular season last year so he didn't have a vested year and that made him eligible for the rookie camp but didn't participate.
    Not eligible.

Q: How did you decide what guys would come in that were with the team last year?
    A: (Childress) It really is kind of crazy but you can't just bring anybody back. They have to fall...they can't have a vested year so that was (Wendell) Mathis and Lowber and Khreem Smith. That's really the criteria. I would like to bring Chad Greenway back but I can't.

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_o...uotes5407.html

Getting technical
    Saturday, May 5th, 2007 by Judd Zulgad

While Vikings coach Brad Childress would like to have guys such as linebacker Chad Greenway participating at this weekend’s rookie minicamp, running back Wendell Mathis, receiver Martin Nance and defensive end Khreem Smith are the only first-year players taking part.

That’s because those three have zero pension credit seasons, making them eligible to go through the workouts at Winter Park.

Receiver Todd Lowber also is able to participate despite the fact his draft class was last year and he’s considered a “street’ free agent. That’s because Lowber never has had an NFL contract — heck, he’s never played a down of football in his life — and thus counts as a rookie.
    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    Although there are a lot of question marks on this team I really believe we weren't that far off last year.
    I believe with the addition of AP and TR back, TJ getting the experience there will be more TDs and not as many FGs.

Of course this is how I rationalize it but I can honestly say I don't think the Vikes are in that bad of shape.
    I do believe Greenway will add to that pass coverage in the middle of the field and keep teams from throwing to that area as much.
    Have I ever told you that you were wise beyond your years.... ;D

Add these as opinions (facts in my Purple colored Brain):

a.
    A few additions through draft/FA will make our Special Teams better.
    b.
    OL Stability will lead to less penalties.
    c.
    New WR coach that can coach.
    d.
    D-Coord that will bring a new wrinkle to blitz packages.
    e.
    1 years experience will allow for B-chill to trust Bevel calling plays for the KAO freeing him up to concentrate on other areas.

Each are realatively small changes, however, taken together with your input and it will be big for overall team performance.

Can I get a WHOOOAAAAAA
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

a.
    b.
    c.
    d.
    e.
    1 years experience will allow for B-chill to trust Bevel calling plays for the KAO freeing him up to concentrate on other areas.

Each are realatively small changes, however, taken together with your input and it will be big for overall team performance.

Can I get a WHOOOAAAAAA
    ;D
    Marrdro, I really like how you think (except for the Madden comment in another thread) ;D
    Just kidding.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

a.
    b.
    c.
    d.
    e.

Can I get a WHOOOAAAAAA
    ;D
    Marrdro, I really like how you think (except for the Madden comment in another thread) ;D
    Just kidding.
    I have been doing that for a few threads like that lately.
    A few have caught on and have joined the fun.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

davike is offline Team Alumni

"cogitans" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Displaced_Viking" wrote:
    I am a bit concerned with our loss of N. Harris and Mike Tomlin, but I'm confident that Greenway and Frazier can at least perform as well.
    It's funny how this works. Before last season anyone would probably have taken some pooh for saying that they were glad for or confident that we had Napo on the team.
    That kinda proves the point I had in the "why I think we win 11 games this year" thread. You just never know what a new year may bring. I still like to waste my time trying to do some predicting though

Just think...maybe Marcus Johnson will be crazy good and not have any penalties on him and Udeze will lead the league in sacks this year

I really hope that is the case....if it is then we just might end up with that kickass offense that Childress talked about....

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast