Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: center snap listless?

"RK." wrote:
    It was a great game.
    There is one thing that I noticed.
    On several occasions it seemed to me that the snap from the center to Favre when he was in the shot gun was short and listless.

Favre seemed to have to reach out for the ball and even step forward to catch it.
    Did anyone else notice that?
    I think the cold of NM coupled with living in an artistic community is numbing your thought process.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Wow, didn't think I would see anything negative on how the C (whole OL) played last night.......

Something to think about.
    We've seen our OL against the 3-4 this year several times and those teams seem to be geared up to execute that scheme which resulted in alot of sacks for Noodle Arm.

I am still convinced that the PUKERS don't have the right cats to implement the 3-4, thus the good play by our OL and 0 sacks for gramps.

In the end, the OL did thier job and did it well in the pass protection area. First time in a while we can say that.
    Thanks to Dom Capers!
    What I mean was I don't think our line was challenged much last night.
    It looked to easy.

Not sure why the shot gun would be a problem for Sully.
    Was he worried about blocking their nose tackle?
    I will have to look for that when I watch the game again.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    It was a great game.
    On several occasions it seemed to me that the snap from the center to Favre when he was in the shot gun was short and listless.
    Favre seemed to have to reach out for the ball and even step forward to catch it.
    I think the cold of NM coupled with living in an artistic community is numbing your thought process.
    Actually its not the cold, its reading your posts that I find mind numbing.
    ;D

WWBGD

"RK." wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    It was a great game.
    Actually its not the cold, its reading your posts that I find mind numbing.
    ;D
    That's understandable.
    I can't relate though because a numb mind is my Modus operandi.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"AngloVike" wrote:
    I said to my wife when we were watching the game that the OL were playing but did notice a couple of snaps being 'slow' back to BF as RK said. Not a major issue but needs to watched out for.
    Think it helped us as well with Kampman keeping dropping back into coverage instead of rushing but you play against what you've given so no complaints from me
    ;D
    Noticed the same thing on a couple of his snaps.
    I thought I had accidentally hit the slow mo button on my remote or my mind was so focused on the game that everything slowed down for me, kind of how I imagine it was for Brett
    At the end I put it down as too many beers and thought what the hell, it seems to be working out ok.

One snap in particular I thought completely violated the laws of physics and was being held in the air by some invisible string.
    It slowly rose and then descended into Favre's vise like grip, meanwhile the receivers were completing their routes just in time for Brett to deliver one of his lasers for another completion.
    Very surreal.

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I said to my wife when we were watching the game that the OL were playing but did notice a couple of snaps being 'slow' back to BF as RK said. Not a major issue but needs to watched out for.
    Think it helped us as well with Kampman keeping dropping back into coverage instead of rushing but you play against what you've given so no complaints from me
    ;D
    I thought I had accidentally hit the slow mo button on my remote or my mind was so focused on the game that everything slowed down for me, kind of how I imagine it was for Brett
    At the end I put it down as too many beers and thought what the hell, it seems to be working out ok.

One snap in particular I thought completely violated the laws of physics and was being held in the air by some invisible string.
    It slowly rose and then descended into Favre's vise like grip, meanwhile the receivers were completing their routes just in time for Brett to deliver one of his lasers for another completion.
    Very surreal.
    Acid flashback.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    ;D

Very surreal.
    Acid flashback.
    Oh yea... that was probably it.
    Cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12